• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Get with the program mate, Brexit is bad for us. ;)
If many of them do follow through and set up new offices then it's a positive - however I'm not sure it helps the many Brexit voters that thought the EU was the issue for their lives being below the standard they think is reasonable.
This news just puts more £ in London, unless the Govt decide to incentivise setting up in a different part of the country - create a mini canary wharf somewhere that has a good uni with the skills needed in financial services.

Well you'd have to a massive tool to not support the people that kept most of our family and friends alive, so yes I expect they will get public support.

Most of our family and friends, not true.

People won’t support Striking during the vaccination program which would delay reopening and risking at risk people not being fully vaccinated.

would you be happy if grandad monkeybarry misses out on a second jab and is at a higher risk of death?

After - Certainly and the gov know this and will be gambling on this.

But doesn’t change the fact there is no money however much certain parts of the NHS deserves pay rises -3/4 percent or a bonus of some sort seems fair.

The bonus of locking down for the Best part of a year and spunking billions on
Pointless National test and trace etc means the coffers are dry

they can raise taxes and tinkle off millions or find savings elsewhere that affects less.

Last edited:
Most of our family and friends, not true.

People won’t support Striking during the vaccination program which would delay reopening and risking at risk people not being fully vaccinated.

After - Certainly and the gov know this and will be gambling on this.

But doesn’t change the fact there is no money however much certain parts of the NHS deserves pay rises -3/4 percent or a bonus of some sort seems fair.

The bonus of locking down for the Best part of a year and spunking billions on
Pointless National test and trace etc means the coffers are dry
Wow, where to even start?!
450k have been in hospital with covid - so you need to know roughly 60-70 people for it be likely you know someone that's been helped by a nurse directly for covid. Not a huge stretch that one.

Like I said, anyone that decides that the nurses are the appropriate target in such an instance is a tool.

3or4% or 3qtr of a %?
Because 3 or 4% is not on the table.

Your last point reaffirms mine - anyone choosing the disenfranchised as the target is a tool.
Money is generated when it's needed to placate those with power.
By not supporting nurses in this scenario you are enabling political cronyism.

Well there clearly is money, hence Boris payed 1/4 a million to tart up his office, to his wife, there is the 34m spent on the track and trace excel spreadsheet to his mates missus, oh and how many million did Hanrooster give to his mate down the pub for PPE that didn’t exist?

Wow, where to even start?!
450k have been in hospital with covid - so you need to know roughly 60-70 people for it be likely you know someone that's been helped by a nurse directly for covid. Not a huge stretch that one.

Like I said, anyone that decides that the nurses are the appropriate target in such an instance is a tool.

3or4% or 3qtr of a %?
Because 3 or 4% is not on the table.

Your last point reaffirms mine - anyone choosing the disenfranchised as the target is a tool.
Money is generated when it's needed to placate those with power.
By not supporting nurses in this scenario you are enabling political cronyism.

That’s not “most our family and friends” as stated, is it, it’s a massive stretch to claim it.

So you would support a strike of nurses next week, which would stop at risk people getting vaccinated? Which could cause death?

Do I agree with no pay rise? Not really.

Would I support a strike at the moment? No it would cause a lot more harm to the cause than if they waited - there is a lot of anger out there from people that have lost jobs/businesses from spending a year protecting the NHS.

Also the way it’s set up everyone in the NHS would get the pay rise, it’s how the deal works - some of which haven’t been affected.

This all plays into the plan to privatise the NHS.

Well there clearly is money, hence Boris payed 1/4 a million to tart up his office, to his wife, there is the 34m spent on the track and trace excel spreadsheet to his mates missus, oh and how many million did Hanrooster give to his mate down the pub for PPE that didn’t exist?

Track and trace was a complete waste of money, has any country in Europe had a successful track and trace? Germany was getting praise at the start but it collapsed aswell

9 million people are still on furlough - more than likely a decent amount will be till Oct

That is a further 10billion a month plus the other support schemes on top.

It’s a mess

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56301981

No they won't. What the fudge else are they going to do?

Depends if they get paid for staying home.

They might strike the first time but doubt they would do it a few more times. I'm mixed on this, I mean in a national emergency they have stepped up to the plate and done amazingly. But then every nurse I have known has told me they don't do it for the money. Which either speaks of a bizarrely poor negotiating position or a heavily unionised profession.

Last edited:
Back