• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

So the track and trace program cost the government 37 billion pounds and there is no concrete evidence that it had any impact on the spread of the virus. Covid 19 has been manna from heaven for the Tories, as an excuse to shovel your money into the clutches of their spiv mates in big business, all while ordinary Britons have suffered econoically, emotionally and mortally. They have no shame!

So the track and trace program cost the government 37 billion pounds and there is no concrete evidence that it had any impact on the spread of the virus. Covid 19 has been manna from heaven for the Tories, as an excuse to shovel your money into the clutches of their spiv mates in big business, all while ordinary Britons have suffered econoically, emotionally and mortally. They have no shame!

Yeh but it's probably Meghan Markle's fault lets be honest.

I can't really agree that it had no effect, so testing several hundred thousand people a day has had no effect whatsoever? So we shouldn't have bothered testing? The tracing part seems to have been pretty poor but how much of that is down to this programme VS people not isolating because they can't afford too.

I can't really agree that it had no effect, so testing several hundred thousand people a day has had no effect whatsoever? So we shouldn't have bothered testing? The tracing part seems to have been pretty poor but how much of that is down to this programme VS people not isolating because they can't afford too.

to be clear though, this was a report from The Public Accounts Committee.

Test and trace was set up to avoid locking down again. Since it's inception, we've had two lockdowns, the third being nearly 3 months.

That's 37 thousand million, right?
37,000,000,000... Ia that right because the number is so big I'm just not sure. What percentage of the cost of covid had that been for this totally failed system?

37,000,000,000... Ia that right because the number is so big I'm just not sure. What percentage of the cost of covid had that been for this totally failed system?
Have you been for a test?

It's quite the opposite of a failed system, it's probably the most efficient govt system I've ever seen. Certainly puts the standard NHS service to shame.

Have you been for a test?

It's quite the opposite of a failed system, it's probably the most efficient govt system I've ever seen. Certainly puts the standard NHS service to shame.

giphy.gif

Most of the money goes, or is allocated for, testing. And as we're doing nearly a million a day (I think) then the system's probably proving a good use of resource - especially with the data that comes out and can then be disseminated to other countries to aid in the fight.

https://fullfact.org/health/test-trace-march-2021/

Don't confuse having a few viral moments with actually having an audience.

Parrot Analytics has found that the audience demand for The Mash Report is 1.7 times the demand of the average TV series in the United Kingdom in the last 30 days.

Anyway, aside from trolling, the fact this raked in over 100m views on some of its social media vidoes from official BBC links (i.e. not including copy and paste jobs of the video), it's quite clearly got some appeal.

And clearly, Tim Davie wants to ensure such shows don't exist as they go against his Tory chums.

Back