• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That's not how a govt should run or how I'd want one to.

People are not intelligent on the whole and hot topics tend not to be issues of any real importance - this being the perfect case in point. I wouldn't want a PM wasting his time on whatever it is tracksuit people are talking about today.

You're effectively saying you don't mind a semi-competent team in charge of the nation. For all the flack Corbyn took, I don't think he would have been as incompetent. Why?

1. You win an election and your first promise is to 'level things up'

Not only don't you help out the poorest in society with some relatively inexpensive free meals when given the chance, you don't spot the hot potato and address it early. You don't have a team around you that does either.

2. This government has no Strategy. It just reacts.

Jurelseman brought this up praising the government for its rapid response. Ironically, it was simmering since Easter, with Rashford turning it into a bigger story. If this way of governing was a one-off, you'd cut the government some slack, but it isn't. There is a pattern of them not doing things, then reacting last minute as media pressure builds up. Just look at the corona crisis. 6 months in we don't have effective testing. After about 3 months the media got up in arms, Boris gives it '"world-class testing" is around the corner...yet here we are still without a test and trace setup that is fit for purpose. The nation is still locked down, the implications are huge.

This is not a government who are equipped to deal with Corona let along the obvious free meals. I think we have a less competent government than a Corbyn run government.

Last edited:
Really? Let's just put to one side the meals for kids issue was raised at Prime Minister's questions a week ago! Never mind. Maybe he forgot? Who knows.

Anyone worth their salt as a politician can see this is a hot potato and needs addressing. It is clear to me at least, that Cummings and Boris are not on it, they don't have a svelt government setup or operation. Yes they are good disruptors and publicists, but they are fuking pants at running a country!

I hope they get brexit through and even me the biggest Brexit supporter did not vote for them as i dont trust them.

You may or may not believe me but my sister worked in legal at the Mayor's office under Livingston and Johnson and she said both were very poor politicians but Johnson rarely turned up for meetings.

She now works in another department. I dont talk about her much on her because she has brought shame on the family. She is a remainer.

No it isn't. Not for those families where children are suffering from hunger, outside of school terms. Not only does this affect their physical growth but it also leads to other mental health issues.

Or are you predictably spouting that all people on benefits are like the family from Shameless?

Indeed.

If Covid19 and the economic situation (+Brexit) is going to teach people anything, it is that many are far closer to the breadline of food insecurity than they thought. Food banks had already been seeing an increasing uptake in the type of person accessing their services, with an increasing amount of young "professionals" on entry-level wages and unable to cover their nut so having to access food banks and pantries. More people than ever are a paycheck or two away from homelessness. So anyone who might assume the "Shameless" comparison bears fruit is, IMO, indulging in very willful ignorance at best or a studied dislike of those not immediately of their specific "station" or "type".

I hope they get brexit through and even me the biggest Brexit supporter did not vote for them as i dont trust them.

You may or may not believe me but my sister worked in legal at the Mayor's office under Livingston and Johnson and she said both were very poor politicians but Johnson rarely turned up for meetings.

She now works in another department. I dont talk about her much on her because she has bought shame on the family. She is a remainer.

More a case of 'get through Brexit' than get brexit though I feel. All about looking like they did it (because 'it' isn't anything of value, it is a charade). The emotive, national drive for independence, control of borders are all good things associated with Brexit, but they were the hook. The reality is an impaired economic setup for the UK, without any meaningful benefits. So look at Boris-Cummings history - it will be guff and bluster - with no real change. No delivery on the endearing positives that were promised.

There is no strategy to brexit either. Just look at Boris pre-vote, he could not decide whether to vote Leave or Remain and he wrote 2 articles outlining the two. Then he followed the option that could deliver him power. Nothing more than that. He doesn't believe in anything, just follows the prevailing wind. And your sister is probably right he doesn't have the work ethic or diligence to run a country well. He's a writer from a privileged background who found himself running a nation.

Last edited:
More a case of 'get through Brexit' than get brexit though I feel. All about looking like they did it (because 'it' isn't anything of value, it is a charade). The emotive, national drive for independence, control of borders are all good things associated with Brexit, but they were the hook. The reality is an impaired economic setup for the UK, without any meaningful benefits. So look at Boris-Cummings history - it will be guff and bluster - with no real change. No delivery on the endearing positives that were promised.

There is no strategy to brexit either. Just look at Boris pre-vote, he could not decide whether to vote Leave or Remain and he wrote 2 articles outlining the two. Then he followed the option that could deliver him power. Nothing more than that. He doesn't believe in anything, just follows the prevailing wind. And your sister is probably right he doesn't have the work ethic or diligence to run a country well. He's a writer from a privileged background who found himself running a nation.

I imagine business will boom outside the eu with less regulations. With a good government we would set ourselves up as a proper trading nation and to be completely carbon neutral things like that.

But as long as we are clear of Brussels i will look the other way to everything else.

I imagine business will boom outside the eu with less regulations. With a good government we would set ourselves up as a proper trading nation and to be completely carbon neutral things like that.

But as long as we are clear of Brussels i will look the other way to everything else.

I genuinely hope so. I wouldn't encourage looking too closely though (which eu regulations don't we like that will create real chang, all nations trade most with countries closest to them. the eu does a fair bit for reducing pollution, coordinating a continent, clean beaches etc)

He keeps those votes by creating a world (that doesn't exist) whereby it's his black constituents vs the racist world.

Of course I can't recall any of his particular tweets but if you can't be bothered to scan his Twitter feed, search this thread and you'll see plenty here.

Ha, ha, the irony of Scara accusing sombody else of creating a world for themselves that doesn't exist. Gave me a giggle that did.

If you work hard enough in my company you will get on no matter what colour you are
I have got to my management position by working my nuts off and being good at my job not because I'm white

Oh okay then, if you say so. Just remember, self regard is no recommendation. So who would have thought , you are in 'management.'

No it isn't. Not for those families where children are suffering from hunger, outside of school terms. Not only does this affect their physical growth but it also leads to other mental health issues.

Or are you predictably spouting that all people on benefits are like the family from Shameless?
You're the one who stated 1m children going hungry.

That's the number eligible. Eligibility simply requires the family to be receiving some kind of benefit. So think carefully about what you're saying and try again. Are the children of every family on benefit in this country going to go hungry without free school lunches?

You obviously didn't bother to read the article linked above and resort to your usual condescending pompous taco role. I used the 1m figure because I preferred to not exaggerate, turns out I should have said four times that. A lot of tracksuits indeed.

"One in three children – or 4.1m – are living in poverty in the UK. The charity UNICEF estimates that 2.5m British children, or 19%, now live in food insecure households. This means that there are times when their family doesn’t have enough money to acquire enough food, or they cannot buy the full variety of foods needed for a healthy diet."

You're effectively saying you don't mind a semi-competent team in charge of the nation. For all the flack Corbyn took, I don't think he would have been as incompetent. Why?

1. You win an election and your first promise is to 'level things up'

Not only don't you help out the poorest in society with some relatively inexpensive free meals when given the chance, you don't spot the hot potato and address it early. You don't have a team around you that does either.

2. This government has no Strategy. It just reacts.

Jurelseman bought this up praising the government for its rapid response. Ironically, it was simmering since Easter, with Rashford turning it into a bigger story. If this way of governing was a one-off, you'd cut the government some slack, but it isn't. There is a pattern of them not doing things, then reacting last minute as media pressure builds up. Just look at the corona crisis. 6 months in we don't have effective testing. After about 3 months the media got up in arms, Boris gives it '"world-class testing" is around the corner...yet here we are still without a test and trace setup that is fit for purpose. The nation is still locked down, the implications are huge.

This is not a government who are equipped to deal with Corona let along the obvious free meals. I think we have a less competent government than a Corbyn run government.
That's not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is the I would expect the PM to delegate stuff that really isn't of much importance at all and concentrate on what matters.

But with this government we couldn't even produce enough PPE to cover the NHS and Care homes.

But with this government we couldn't even produce enough PPE to cover the NHS and Care homes.

You are 100% spot on with the NHS was a shocker.

With care homes are not 85% private and the failing falls on them? thats not a deflection just asking as that was how I was lead to believe?

My mates missus is a home visit care worker and they have to pay for their own PPE

Last edited:
You are 400% spot on with the NHS was a shocker.

With care homes are not 85% private and the failing falls on them? thats not a reflection just asking as that was how I was lead to believe?

My mates missus is a home visit care worker and they have to pay for their own PPE

Them having to pay for their own PPE which would protect not only them but their patients as well is shocking.

If you are going to say that the blame lays with the private care homes, then you will have to see if

A) they were following government guidance
B) the government made enough PPE available for them to buy? It was a national crisis so that is when we most need a government to ensure access to essential products... otherwise what the f uck is the actual point of government?
C) I think (maybe wrong though)the 85% figure is includes those run by councils... which is the government farming out responsibility without adequate funding.

Them having to pay for their own PPE which would protect not only them but their patients as well is shocking.

If you are going to say that the blame lays with the private care homes, then you will have to see if

A) they were following government guidance
B) the government made enough PPE available for them to buy? It was a national crisis so that is when we most need a government to ensure access to essential products... otherwise what the f uck is the actual point of government?
C) I think (maybe wrong though)the 85% figure is includes those run by councils... which is the government farming out responsibility without adequate funding.

No I was not going to blame care homes, sorry I meant to say deflection not reflection. Was a genuine question as I have see the stats and not the facts.

Reactions: DTA
Back