• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

The letter to MPs was yesterday but I think he's been campaigning for a while longer. But yes, of course, the decision is a good thing. My post was more about Boris doing his usual bumbling and blustering when he doesn't know the answer on something and coming up with "I didn't know about it" (even though the government had a prepared response for this morning). He really doesn't inspire confidence (regardless of the topic).

Yeh his style leaves alot to be desired TBH and he needs to answer alot of questions that are posted all over the shop about CV etc.

But I have to say with this and his response yesterday about BLM and the need to change I thought was fair, at least he is not sticking his head in the sand and in the BLM case he is 5 months into the job and I will judge him by the results we all hope to see.

Yeh his style leaves alot to be desired TBH and he needs to answer alot of questions that are posted all over the shop about CV etc.

But I have to say with this and his response yesterday about BLM and the need to change I thought was fair, at least he is not sticking his head in the sand and in the BLM case he is 5 months into the job and I will judge him by the results we all hope to see.

Not great is Boris but where he differs from Trump is he will do the right thing eventually.

Boris Johnson has just said now, in the briefing, that he only became aware of the campaign today.
Even though it was being said first thing in this morning's ministerial media round that the government wouldn't be extending the scheme, Boris only heard about it today.
Doesn't he have people to do that kind of thing for him?

I wouldn't expect anyone to know every single govt action - especially not such minor stuff as this.

I've found this more and more since i returned to the forum. in several threads i have posted either research, academia or statistics to evidence my point, only for it to be batted away because of opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if someone proves your opinion is wrong, maybe do some research or look into the matter further, instead people just double down further.
You do appear to insist (on a regular basis) that most are forming their views via the Sun and Mail.

I'm not sure if you're generalising or talking about GG posters?

If it's GG posters then I wouldn't expect much response, not after laying that on them.

You do appear to insist (on a regular basis) that most are forming their views via the Sun and Mail.

If it's GG posters then I wouldn't expect much response, not after laying that on them.

Yeh I think thats a fair comment, it is pretty offensive.

I know me and yourself have not always seen eye to eye and maybe said things that could have been offensive, I probably have, but I feel it goes full circle and we all mostly generally conclude on a good note.

I have spoken to a poster on here in private on here and we have many debates but we agree on it being healthy and actually a decent engagement.

There is only one poster I can't abide by on here for a reason I won't go over, but I find regardless of side you sit, there is a fair bunch who all have their own quirks.

Yeh I think thats a fair comment, it is pretty offensive.

I know me and yourself have not always seen eye to eye and maybe said things that could have been offensive, I probably have, but I feel it goes full circle and we all mostly generally conclude on a good note.

I have spoken to a poster on here in private on here and we have many debates but we agree on it being healthy and actually a decent engagement.

There is only one poster I can't abide by on here for a reason I won't go over, but I find regardless of side you sit, there is a fair bunch who all have their own quirks.
Think your posting has been really good recently. You have a view,opinion etc but I can tell you're happy to listen and be open minded.

Think your posting has been really good recently. You have a view,opinion etc but I can tell you're happy to listen and be open minded.

Yeh thanks, look we learn and what I try to get over which I didn't before is my opinion and why I have it, I'm also pretty open why and accept I am wrong where as maybe before I tried to lay my opinion on people. I appreciate the words mate, really appreciate, thanks so much

Anyone who does not agree with a certain view reads the mail and is racist. It is that talking down to people that made so many northerners switch to the conservatives.

Anyone who does not agree with a certain view reads the mail and is racist. It is that talking down to people that made so many northerners switch to the conservatives.

Talking of papers, I saw the Sun, Mail and a few others have run a story that Maddy McCain story is now known and thats an end to the mystery. BUT I have seen nothing since, nothing on TV and the parents haven't started a crowd fund so I imagine its fake news?

Doesn't he have people to do that kind of thing for him?

I wouldn't expect anyone to know every single govt action - especially not such minor stuff as this.

Really? Let's just put to one side the meals for kids issue was raised at Prime Minister's questions a week ago! Never mind. Maybe he forgot? Who knows.

Anyone worth their salt as a politician can see this is a hot potato and needs addressing. It is clear to me at least, that Cummings and Boris are not on it, they don't have a svelt government setup or operation. Yes they are good disruptors and publicists, but they are fuking pants at running a country!

Really? Let's just put to one side the meals for kids issue was raised at Prime Minister's questions a week ago! Never mind. Maybe he forgot? Who knows.

Anyone worth their salt as a politician can see this is a hot potato and needs addressing. It is clear to me at least, that Cummings and Boris are not on it, they don't have a svelt government setup or operation. Yes they are good disruptors and publicists, but they are fuking pants at running a country!
That's not how a govt should run or how I'd want one to.

People are not intelligent on the whole and hot topics tend not to be issues of any real importance - this being the perfect case in point. I wouldn't want a PM wasting his time on whatever it is tracksuit people are talking about today.

That's not how a govt should run or how I'd want one to.

People are not intelligent on the whole and hot topics tend not to be issues of any real importance - this being the perfect case in point. I wouldn't want a PM wasting his time on whatever it is tracksuit people are talking about today.

Yeah over 1 million British children going hungry hardly seems something of national importance..No doubt you used to jerk off to Thatcher posters, yet she found time to get involved in milk for kids.

Yeah over 1 million British children going hungry hardly seems something of national importance..No doubt you used to jerk off to Thatcher posters, yet she found time to get involved in milk for kids.
Cutting expenditure is precisely what a PM should be spending his or her time with. That's the biggest challenge every government faces - how to make itself less costly.

Nice hyperbole BTW. A family being on some kind of benefits is a very, very long way from starving children.

Cutting expenditure is precisely what a PM should be spending his or her time with. That's the biggest challenge every government faces - how to make itself less costly.

Nice hyperbole BTW. A family being on some kind of benefits is a very, very long way from starving children.

No it isn't. Not for those families where children are suffering from hunger, outside of school terms. Not only does this affect their physical growth but it also leads to other mental health issues.

Or are you predictably spouting that all people on benefits are like the family from Shameless?

Back