• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poch and Mitchell admire Jonjo Shelvey

He's a player that I often worry about when he is lining up against us. I do not know where he would fit in and who he would replace but I agree that he is a good player

That's just it... He wouldn't get in our first 11 IMO and isn't any better than the bench. He is a good player but at his level IMO

He's a player that I often worry about when he is lining up against us. I do not know where he would fit in and who he would replace but I agree that he is a good player

he has played close to 120 prem games so he would add more experience to our CM ( which would help), and IF Poch is interested then I would back his opinion.

he has played close to 120 prem games so he would add more experience to our CM ( which would help), and IF Poch is interested then I would back his opinion.

I agree with that but I do wonder who would have to make way to accommodate him

I agree with that but I do wonder who would have to make way to accommodate him

Well I guess that would be up to Poch, however I am still not convinced about Mason and IF Poch is interested I would suggest he must think we need a extra body in CM.

Backup/competition for Alli?

Wouldn't be surprised if we're keeping an eye on him. He has the potential to become a very good player and good enough for us. Very far from that to us wanting to spend the kind of money it would take to make Swansea part with him at this point.

Backup/competition for Alli?

Wouldn't be surprised if we're keeping an eye on him. He has the potential to become a very good player and good enough for us. Very far from that to us wanting to spend the kind of money it would take to make Swansea part with him at this point.

Alli cover seems the most obvious place to me too. Do we have space for him in our current squad or do we need to lose someone to make space for him?

Alli cover seems the most obvious place to me too. Do we have space for him in our current squad or do we need to lose someone to make space for him?

Mason and Dembele would be the most likely replacements/cover for Alli on current form: since Dembele's already consistently in the side, I think Mason would have to be sidelined if we brought Shelvey in. And to be honest, although I rate Shelvey quite highly....I have a fondness for Mason that precludes me wishing to see him replaced.

Decent but I don't think he's better than what we have. He has some great highlights, shots etc. but I don't think he's the real deal. What happened at Liverpool, I can't really remember, was it that he was too young and they had too many good players? Would have thought Brendan Rogers would keep him or was it someone else, can't remember...

Wiki says May 2012 he scored his first Prem goal for Liverpool, July 2012 he signed a new long term deal at Pool but July 2013 he signed a 4 year deal at Swansea.

Perhaps a bit like Sigggurdssson, great moments, good player, but can't make it at the very top.

Swansea manager Garry Monk criticised Shelvey's disciplinary record, telling him to "wise up" and put a stop to an accumulation of yellow cards earned through "laziness".[30]"

he is a highlights player with no discipline, at the beginning of the season it looked like the penny dropped and he was turning into an accomplished plyer. Have not seen him much but looking at Swanseys results I would guess he has returned to type.

He has the tools just not sure about the mentality.

he is a highlights player with no discipline, at the beginning of the season it looked like the penny dropped and he was turning into an accomplished plyer. Have not seen him much but looking at Swanseys results I would guess he has returned to type.

He has the tools just not sure about the mentality.

This ... Siggy is still a far more important player to them, and he didn't make it with us ...

Maybe this rumour is being fanned by us to deflect from another player we are close to sealing in Jan; perhaps even a Swansea player?

Maybe this rumour is being fanned by us to deflect from another player we are close to sealing in Jan; perhaps even a Swansea player?

Wouldn't mind Gomis, if I'm being honest. He is 30, doesn't score much, and he does have that heart condition that brought back terrifying memories of Muamba for all of us a while ago, but he's strong, tall, works relentlessly hard and is a great person (seemingly).

Don't think for one moment it will happen, but I wouldn't mind if it does: that is, provided the medical team and Poch give the all-clear.

Wouldn't mind Gomis, if I'm being honest. He is 30, doesn't score much, and he does have that heart condition that brought back terrifying memories of Muamba for all of us a while ago, but he's strong, tall, works relentlessly hard and is a great person (seemingly).

Don't think for one moment it will happen, but I wouldn't mind if it does: that is, provided the medical team and Poch give the all-clear.

Thank fudge for that.

Gomis%20man%20u(1).jpg

im2.png

:eek::eek:

Back