• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poch and Mitchell admire Jonjo Shelvey

Carroll is 23. You can't send players that age out on loan - you have to back them or sack them.
When did that rule come in? Pretty sure Adebayor was more than 23 years old when we loaned him from Emirates Marketing Project, so the rule must be fairly recent.

Apart from Lamela, Chadli, Kane, Dembele, Carroll, Pritchard and Holtby of course....

Number ten is the last position I would look to strengthen.

You can add Paulinho to that list. Sure, you can find clips on killer passes from those players but one of them is effective in that role for the whole game. Lamela - always loses the ball. Chadli - no creativity in the hole. Dembélé - hold on the ball too long. Carroll - more like a Mason type player. Paulinho - never turn in tight spaces. Holtby - maybe.

Eriksen is also better starting from the left than in the center. I think the no 10 player is the big gaping hole in our squad. I recall a lot of games where we couldn't push forward when Eriksen didn't play well.

Not saying that Shelby is the answer to the problem. But he is fine by me as the backup no 10.

Apart from Lamela, Chadli, Kane, Dembele, Carroll, Pritchard and Holtby of course....

Number ten is the last position I would look to strengthen.

And Mason if we get that CM sorted.

While not urgent, I would bring in a 10 if the right one was available. There's definitely room for improvement.

You can add Paulinho to that list.

He can play there, whether he plays well is up to debate though...

Lamela - always loses the ball.
That will not happen that much if played at 10 imo as opposed to RW.

Eriksen is also better starting from the left than in the center.

Perhaps. He usually starts as a 10 though, so it is not really a problem area for me.
Not saying that Shelby is the answer to the problem. But he is fine by me as the backup no 10.
He is about the same level as all those other back-ups we just discussed, it is a pointless move.

from what I've seen of shelvey he doesn't fudge about, he gets it and moves it on quick, I like that, we have a few players who get the ball and want to beat someone before doing anything else with it

I actually think he's pretty decent. Had a good all round game, and some disciplined coaching would definitely help him.
Sounds thick as brick though when interviewed!

What I've seen of him this season, he's a player that I would rate and wouldn't mind in the squad. However, the question is whose place will he take? We're stocked with CMs and if there's one position we need, it's a DM. Doesn't strike me as one that could fill those shoes. Definitely a creative player, though, and if there one of our current players I'd compare him to, it would probably be Mason.

Always admired Jonjo 'when' he is in the right frame of mind. The trouble is he lacks consistency. But a good player.

Don't think he is very good defensively/tracking back, lacks the ability to get up and down pitch in the press, which I think is a prerequisite for coming to Spurs in 2015.

Always admired Jonjo 'when' he is in the right frame of mind. The trouble is he lacks consistency. But a good player.

Don't think he is very good defensively/tracking back, lacks the ability to get up and down pitch in the press, which I think is a prerequisite for coming to Spurs in 2015.

Having seen him hustle like crazy when Swansea played us last season (I think it was), I respectfully disagree: his work-rate can be phenomenal (especially when covering for someone like Ki alongside him), and he's certainly competent defensively. But, as @alekaras mentioned, I don't think we have the space for him right now, unless something's going on with either Bentaleb or Mason that we're unaware of.

I have seen enough from Poch and Mitchell to trust their judgement on this.To me he I always a player that gives 100 pcent and is tireless.Not the most skillfull but if he helps us then why not.

Always seems to be the catalyst in that Swansea side and with the way Dier and Alli have been recently we need someone to rotate them with. I don't think Mason and Carrol are upto much in all honesty.

Technically very good

Mentally seems to be all over the place (on the pitch)

He had the capability to be a very good player but he seems to be in sown games and out of others. I don't see him being an improvement in any of our options there at the moment

I like him and he is still only 23, I think he would be a good signing for us.

He's a player that I often worry about when he is lining up against us. I do not know where he would fit in and who he would replace but I agree that he is a good player

Back