• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players that were OK in hindsight

was Howells slagged off though?

when i started going to games he started pretty much every week, did the work to let Gazza shine

was Howells slagged off though?

when i started going to games he started pretty much every week, did the work to let Gazza shine
I don't think he was really slagged off by Spurs fans. I do remember non Spurs supporting mates when I was at school always saying he wasn't very good. Mainly when Gerry Francis brought him back into the side to steady the ship. I suppose it was because he wasn't a big/foreign name.
Remember him scoring against West Ham a day or two after his Dad died, always had a soft spot for him after that.

i'd forgotten about that, always thought he was a class act

trick time (for most) when Francis took over but he must have been here a decade by then, its the slightly quiffed late 80's early 90's Howells that I was thinking of

All right mate just for you then... nostalgia it is.

[video=youtube;siS1j1A2gRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siS1j1A2gRQ[/video]

Amazing!

I could put that together with Jurgen Linekers one which involves our journey to Champions League via Eastlands and then the dream of being in the Champions League. Shows how far we have come. Without no billionaire oil tycoon either!!

Some of the players mentioned don't really fit the category.

Corluka was for the most part respected when he was starting and those who didn't don't seem to have changed their minds in hindsight.

Taarabt may have become a decent player after he left us, but never really did anything to change our opinion of him as a Spurs player.

Lee and Ghaly seem the best examples who never got the credit they deserved while playing for us, but can now be recognised as doing a respectable job.

I'll offer Jenas as an example. He actually formed an effective midfield partnership with Carrick and was fairly consistent for us afterwards with various partners. However, I'll admit that people may not have changed their opinions yet, so I'll post date this suggestion (Nov 26, 2014)

LOVE that ETP video. Made me realise how much I adored Keano before he went to Liverpool - he scored wonderful instinctive goals, did so much for us when we needed that kind of quality. A great shame that now we are all a bit "meh" about Keano because he was fabulous for us.

that 4:3 west ham game was is one of my favourite games of all time.

It was, indeed, a cracker...

More than a y other, i remember Falco getting caned by some week after week, yet look back at his record and it is excellent, top top drawer. Scored two belters against Villa in the Charity Shield of 81/82, and was generally a fine finisher...

Mido who has been mentioned was very good a few seasons kept Defoe and Keane out of the team on merit.

I also think Ghaly was a decent player unfortunately that one incident is going to mar his whole career not only with us but he never really got back on track after he left either probably all that time playing no competitive football ruined his career

Also think Etherington is worth a shout not a world beater but has went on to have a decent career on his day he can still be a real threat

Looking back, the Ginger Pele was actually quite awful. Like Ghaly he was willing to put his body on the line though.

Doherty was not very good but he did entertain me. Pleat once said something about Doherty and was it Gardner? being a dream partnership.
That was not that long ago..is the Doc still playing?
Please don't anyone else say that this club has not progressed under Levy.

Back