• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players that were OK in hindsight

I never really not rated a player... except two that we have here right now actually. I would like to think in hindsight that they were even ok... we will see

Loved the Zok, Charlie, Robbo (for a while, really went down hill but, I remember a couple of times he was injured and KC Keller played and the difference was shocking, although I absolutely loved Keller though never knew why, perhaps it was the name - side point but, I can't remember him wearing shorts... only tracksuit bottoms, must have a mental block or something) and I don't know how you lot ranked Steeeeeed but, I loved him. Edman will always be in my heart after THAT goal.

Steeeeeed was class and extremely underrated but I also thought ghaly was a good player who offered something different.

I think we badly miss Pavly now as well. People were slagging off about him being lazy and all. But he was clinical in front of goal. What we need now is a clinical goal scorer like Pavly.

Back in the day, John Pratt came-in for more than his fair share of abuse from the fans.

But he always gave 100% to the Spurs cause and made-up for his lack of natural talent with determination and grit in central midfield (Livermore, anyone?).

Pratt's 331 appearances yielded 39 goals - a pretty good return for someone who was essentially a defensive midfielder - spread over a first team career from 1965 to 1979.

A1256.jpg

Kevin Prince Boateng - has done very well in Italy

He was at the wrong club at the wrong time. His attitude, he admits, was poor at Spurs and it was only at Portsmouth where he sorted it out. Still, who would have thought AC Milan would sign him.......

He was at the wrong club at the wrong time. His attitude, he admits, was poor at Spurs and it was only at Portsmouth where he sorted it out. Still, who would have thought AC Milan would sign him.......
We played him in the wrong position too. He was no DM.

He may have turned out alright, but he was a shower of brick for us.

Jenas could have played a role this season with our midfield injuries. Reckon he'd do a decent job at full back as well.

Ghaly - a good cover in midfield. If not for the shirt-throwing incident, he would have played a few more seasons for us.

Lost possession too easily for me.

Chris Armstrong - he was good when playing alongside a decent partner then we started losing good players and he got blamed for not scoring enough.
A classic example of why booing does not work.

We played him in the wrong position too. He was no DM.

whenever he came on he didn't look like much of anything. All over the place, tricks in stupid positions and messing up the basics. Safe to say he has matured.. doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid of him. At the time he wasn't doing himself any favours.

He also kicked a player in the head while on loan at Dortmund.

He may have turned out alright, but he was a shower of brick for us.

Jenas could have played a role this season with our midfield injuries. Reckon he'd do a decent job at full back as well.

Funny, I've always thought that too.

Back