• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Do not like the transfer fee quoted for Huddlestone. 5 million seems just a tad on the low side. Still, I`m not the one with the inside info on him, so I could be wrong.

Do not like the transfer fee quoted for Huddlestone. 5 million seems just a tad on the low side. Still, I`m not the one with the inside info on him, so I could be wrong.

That's already a 5m investment that's resting on the functionality of his legs/ankles. He had a good 18 month spell of being out and his form before that almost has a mythical ability to divide opinions on this board. 5m is about what we can hope for, is not that pretty much what David Villa went for?

That's already a 5m investment that's resting on the functionality of his legs/ankles. He had a good 18 month spell of being out and his form before that almost has a mythical ability to divide opinions on this board. 5m is about what we can hope for, is not that pretty much what David Villa went for?

More, if I recall correctly. By 500,000 pounds. Still, I was forlornly hoping for a double deal with Rose and Hudd bagging us some 15 million quid, but that'll now have to be scaled down, I suppose.

... I was forlornly hoping for a double deal with Rose and Hudd bagging us some 15 million quid, but that'll now have to be scaled down, I suppose.

I can see Rose being given a chance to prove himself in pre-season. If he doesn't impress, then you'd have to imagine he'll be off to Sunderland.

his injury problems and lack of games would suggest otherwise.

Hmm....but I'm sure you know that a lot of English players with greater injury problems have moved for more money. Michael Owen, for example. And we are talking about an extremely rare player here: an English midfielder with technique and passing ability. If lumps like Carroll and Henderson can move for eight-figure sums with their own attendant injury troubles), then six or seven million for a technically proficient, outstanding long passer with CL experience and more than a few years left in him (due to his relative lack of mobility, but still) doesn't seem all that outlandish to me.

Still, I can see your point.

Hmm....but I'm sure you know that a lot of English players with greater injury problems have moved for more money. Michael Owen, for example. And we are talking about an extremely rare player here: an English midfielder with technique and passing ability. If lumps like Carroll and Henderson can move for eight-figure sums with their own attendant injury troubles), then six or seven million for a technically proficient, outstanding long passer with CL experience and more than a few years left in him (due to his relative lack of mobility, but still) doesn't seem all that outlandish to me.

Still, I can see your point.

Michael Owen was a Ballon d'Or winner and a goalscoring phenomenon. I don't really think he should be in the same sentence, plus he was hardly signed for expensive money when he had his injury problems. He signed for Real Madrid in his prime pretty much, then Saudi Sportswashing Machine signed him and thats where it happened

Surprised Livermore and Townsend are still here thought both would have gone by now.

Townsend is a quality player and should be given time to force his way into the side. Livermore on the other hand is average and we could probably get 4-5m for him. We have a fair bit of tat that needs shifting.

Southampton have reportedly expressed an interest in signing Tottenham Hotspurs full-back Kyle Naughton. The 24-year-old is equally adept in playing on either side of the back four and Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino is looking to purchase the Englishman in order to provide cover and competition to Southampton’s regular full-backs Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne.

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/southampton-interested-in-kyle-naughton-75213

Mmm..very interesting..

Mmm..very interesting..

I'd do the deal if they offer anything above 5 million quid. We have Rose and BAE on the left, and now I feel we should give Smith a step up and establish him as RB competition for Walker on the right. Plus, we need to start selling to balance the books.

Back