• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Naughton does not do it for me..but I was actually more interested in the slight possibility of a deal for Shaw.

Only because I get 10 points because I tipped him as a buy in the prediction thread.

Naughton does not do it for me..but I was actually more interested in the slight possibility of a deal for Shaw.

Only because I get 10 points because I tipped him as a buy in the prediction thread.

Would absoutely love Luke Shaw at the club, but he's just signed a new contract, Southampton will want 30 million or something similar for him and he's a Chelsea fan anyway, with Chelsea apparently interested in him long-term to be Cole's replacement (with Bertrand as back up) once he retires. IF he moves to us, that cancels out the possibility of a direct move to Chelsea, something he could already get at the moment: ergo, I don't think he'd be interested.

No way should we loan out Caulker or even think of selling him. He is still only 21 and is learning more and more. He is a commanding Centre back who is going to get better and better. His only problem at the moment is that he plays in Verts position, so he has strong competition for his place.

I agree. No sale but a loan would certainly help him. Players at that age need to be playing to bring them on, and especially defenders as it is experience they need more than anything.

Caulker will get enough games from rotation and el.... hope these rumours of an 8m bid being accepted are complete guff.

This is a player we need to nurture and hope to improve season on season. no way should we let him go imo.

Caulker will get enough games from rotation and el.... hope these rumours of an 8m bid being accepted are complete guff.

This is a player we need to nurture and hope to improve season on season. no way should we let him go imo.

Maybe, but if this Vlad the Impaler is to sign I think Caulker might find himself struggling for opportunities. PL loans have for the most part worked out for us, including Caulker's own loan to Swansea, so I imagine a half season loan might be on the cards.

Maybe, but if this Vlad the Impaler is to sign I think Caulker might find himself struggling for opportunities. PL loans have for the most part worked out for us, including Caulker's own loan to Swansea, so I imagine a half season loan might be on the cards.

All depends on fitness/injury situation of Kaboul.....

Vlad the impaler........I like that!

Never saw film (game?) but Vlad the Impaler was a real dude, reportedly the person Stoker used as a basis for his character Dracula.

Supposedly some warlord/emperor/ruler that impaled his victims on huge wooden poles to show off/scare people.

Another one who doesn't see a future with us .. playing against MK Dons reserves and watching his equal Caulker going to another Premier League club to star probably putting thoughts into his mind.
It's a make or break time for us with Townsend, either we have faith in him (play him, get rid of Falque) or we must let him go.

SKY:
Andros Townsend impressed on loan at QPR from Tottenham last season, and the midfielder admits it may now be time for him to leave White Hart Lane on a permanent basis.

Ade and Parker, please leave. The weekly wages between the two of them must be at least £160,000. That is a saving of over £8,000,000 a year.

I only saw the first half against the MK Dons, thought Townsend couldn't be arsed. Don't know if he was better against Monaco? My view is that he is still a million miles below what a first team player at Tottenham should be.

I only saw the first half against the MK Dons, thought Townsend couldn't be arsed. Don't know if he was better against Monaco? My view is that he is still a million miles below what a first team player at Tottenham should be.

Looked our best player on the pitch, scored a beautiful goal cutting inside from the right too.

He's a decent squad option, yet to see if he can consistently replicate that.

Andros sulked and talked about a permanent transfer away after that game. Is that his 5th season made to play with the XI team?
You will not see a motivated player in his 20s playing for the XI team. Every opportunity Townsend get in the first team he looks dangerous.
It's time to play him or let him move on, cause there are many other Premier League team that would love to have him.

Back