• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

So Pierre Hojbjerg then....:cool:

Very good player, not top level, but well suited to our current setup. Either a pointy shouty bloke, pretend viking or a leader in the group of players and one of Conte's really trusted men with a great attitude. Depending on who you ask of course, for me definitely more the latter.

"Could be upgraded on" in theory at least, but definitely not easily. Think it's much harder than some others to find someone significantly better than him on the ball with his defensive qualities and mentality. Better on the ball than some give him credit for.

Proper competition in central midfield. There will be rotation, but when the big games come I'd be slightly surprised if his name isn't on the team sheet when fit.

He is certainly resilient which is not something we have had in midfield for erm, well since The 80’s it feels like.

Doesn’t set the pulses running but is often asked to do far too much.

Overall he is earning his keep. He needs reliable partnerships in and around him in that position which I don’t feel like he has always had.

Very good player, not top level, but well suited to our current setup. Either a pointy shouty bloke, pretend viking or a leader in the group of players and one of Conte's really trusted men with a great attitude. Depending on who you ask of course, for me definitely more the latter.

"Could be upgraded on" in theory at least, but definitely not easily. Think it's much harder than some others to find someone significantly better than him on the ball with his defensive qualities and mentality. Better on the ball than some give him credit for.

Proper competition in central midfield. There will be rotation, but when the big games come I'd be slightly surprised if his name isn't on the team sheet when fit.

Could be upgraded, but not a priority right now. And if we advance to the point where it's a priority to upgrade on him (as we currently see him) then it's possible he'll have improved too as the team has developed.

I could only watch the first half of the match yesterday but PEH played really well IMO for that half. Important defensive contributions, some decent midfield progression with a few good forward passes, overall working hard. I'm going to keep praising him while he's performing at this level because he has improved and is keeping up the level of performance. I know some of you disagreed with me about PEH starting with Bissouma ahead of Bentancur but IMO even if Bentancur were fit, that would be my ideal midfield. Of course, I still want Bentancur to play because he's been good too.
To reiterate, it's a tough decision (until injury forces the manager's hand) and it's not like the player's places are set in stone. If PEH's performances suffer, then I'd be advocate for him to be dropped instead but he's just looked back to his best. Also hope that people don't see me deriding other people's opinions. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer from an outsider's perspective (as opposed to someone in the coaching staff who sees the players training every day).

I like the look of Bissouma, very glad we signed him, but for the tactics we are playing right now, Bentancur and PEH are the right pairing.

Would be great if PEH could tidy up his short game, but he’s been a key performer so far.

I like the look of Bissouma, very glad we signed him, but for the tactics we are playing right now, Bentancur and PEH are the right pairing.

Would be great if PEH could tidy up his short game, but he’s been a key performer so far.

Bentancur has concussion allegedly and won't play weds. So looks like bissouma will get his chance.

Indeed a great problem to have, I'm glad the club have backed Conte and given him as many selection headaches as possible. I also really rate Skipp but I can't expect him to displace any starting midfielder after an extended stay out. Also need to make sure he's playing at the same level as he was before his injuries. As for Sarr, he's basically a complete unknown, will be interesting to see how Conte uses him. Maybe start him and the other fringe players for Carabao cup games?

Indeed a great problem to have, I'm glad the club have backed Conte and given him as many selection headaches as possible. I also really rate Skipp but I can't expect him to displace any starting midfielder after an extended stay out. Also need to make sure he's playing at the same level as he was before his injuries. As for Sarr, he's basically a complete unknown, will be interesting to see how Conte uses him. Maybe start him and the other fringe players for Carabao cup games?

Yeah, doesn’t feel that long ago that I considered Skipp our best CM.

I think he has done very well. Was not in my first-choice midfield two at the start of the season, but he certainly is now, mainly for his passing skills. Let's hope he can sustain his current form in this crazy season.

I think Conte's instruction for the midfield has been to not rush it and wait for the opportunity to pass.
Hojberg may have made a lot of progressive passes but not often into space and scoring opportunity for the strikers.

Was not too good against Sporting... hope to see Skipp starting a match soon, I feel like we've missed him a bit.

Bentancur wasn't so great either tonight.
Heard it said he hasn't scored for something like 117 games which I find amazing for a player of such quality.

Back