• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

There’s no truth in the Real Madrid links. There was a chance for him to be involved in the Zaniolo transfer but that didn’t happen. We won’t sell him now as we would need to replace him and with the deadline coming ever closer, and an attacking midfielder arriving soon and a defender being required as main target left then can’t see any players involved with the first team being moved on. That’s just my thoughts based on what’s been happening and has happened.

he's got the right temperament and approach for the premier league but I can't help thinking he'd get sent off quite a lot in La Liga. Even if there was any truth in this.

What's really funny is how many pundits have written of Casimero's signing for utd already - Schmeichel, Sutton, Stat Man, Neville, they all seem to think its wrong - I do wonder if they might eat their words - Utd have several high class players who if they can get a system working could be very very good - and most good teams are built on a holding midfielder - think Kante, Busquets, even our PEH/Bentacour to a lesser extent.

he's got the right temperament and approach for the premier league but I can't help thinking he'd get sent off quite a lot in La Liga. Even if there was any truth in this.

What's really funny is how many pundits have written of Casimero's signing for utd already - Schmeichel, Sutton, Stat Man, Neville, they all seem to think its wrong - I do wonder if they might eat their words - Utd have several high class players who if they can get a system working could be very very good - and most good teams are built on a holding midfielder - think Kante, Busquets, even our PEH/Bentacour to a lesser extent.
They’re probably all the same people who thought “Conte wasn’t the right fit for Utd”!

They’re probably all the same people who thought “Conte wasn’t the right fit for Utd”!

I think the general perception to that statement is that the senior figures within Utd couldn't handle Conte - be under no illusions he's a handful - remember his "I'll leave if its me" tantrum last season?

There's a major changing of the guard going on at Utd and some roles yet to be clearly filled or defined, I'd say that it would have imploded with Conte there.

United have the issue though that they have all come from good title winning sides so yet to be seen if they can or have the temperament for the early hard yards and fight needed at United.

One thing playing for Real with Modric and the likes, another coming in next to Fred and McTominey. Varane has hardly been the top class player I expected and the Sancho of Dortmund?

As for PEH to Real hahah, he would be walked round

Not seen their comments. But think the signing of casemiro is the wrong one. They aren't getting cl this season, so this was an opportunity to properly plan for the future with a new manager. £60-70m for a player that is 31 in feb and huge wages, is just another short term solution to a long term problem at a massively over inflated cost. It seem aimed more at keeping their share price up than any footballing vision of where utd want to be in 2-3 years time.

Not seen their comments. But think the signing of casemiro is the wrong one. They aren't getting cl this season, so this was an opportunity to properly plan for the future with a new manager. £60-70m for a player that is 31 in feb and huge wages, is just another short term solution to a long term problem at a massively over inflated cost. It seem aimed more at keeping their share price up than any footballing vision of where utd want to be in 2-3 years time.

A good short term solution can be an important part of a longer term strategy. Fixing a glaring issue with the team/squad can do a lot of good, including longer term for the players around that player.

Without relative short term success any long term plan gets ripped up. That's part of the balancing act of a good long term plan, get enough short term stuff right or the longer term planning will be of little use.

Definitely agree.

A good short term solution can be an important part of a longer term strategy. Fixing a glaring issue with the team/squad can do a lot of good, including longer term for the players around that player.

Without relative short term success any long term plan gets ripped up. That's part of the balancing act of a good long term plan, get enough short term stuff right or the longer term planning will be of little use.
I agree, get a good short term fix until a longer term option is available. However, with Utd it seems to be constantly short term fixes, especially up front, Zlatan, Cavani, and Ronaldo.
More about names and image than football.

I agree, get a good short term fix until a longer term option is available. However, with Utd it seems to be constantly short term fixes, especially up front, Zlatan, Cavani, and Ronaldo.
More about names and image than football.

I agree. At least with Casemiro they're getting a very good player who I think can fit in well into most systems really. Including what ten Hag may be working on.

It does fit into that "high profile" signing category as well though. So not going to claim that it's part of an improved strategy, though it may be.

Surprised they didnt go for Neves at Wolves. Very good player and only 25. I think he needs to leave Wolves soon as he wont go any further with them

To be fair, if you’re a pundit, opinion on transfers is likely to be hit and miss. Given how spectacularly United have fudged up in the market over the last 10 years, if you’ve to make a judgement call, the odds are this will be a clusterfudge too.

Most of their signings, on the face of it, have looked decent on paper in isolation. Problem is that they’ve signed lads with bad attitudes (Pogba, Ronaldo) or lads who don’t fit into the game they’re trying to play (Ronaldo, Cavani, Maguire, Fred etc). It’s the most disjointed and scattergun approach to assembling a side I’ve ever seen. That doesn’t even take account of the fact that they have had 5 managers since Fergie and no two of them have been remotely similar.

It’ll be a case study one day. How to spend over a billion to go from champions to also rans. They make the Sugar years look great.

Back