• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pet Hates

Players pretending to go in for aerial challenges. Defoe and Ade do it unfortunately. Ball ends up high and the striker will move to it, and attempt a half a yard jump with a limp flick of the head at it whilst the CB has a free clearance. So frustrating, just fudging challenge for the ball instead of trying to look like you're challenging for the ball. Once you notice it you see it all the time.

agree with this one. VDV did it all the time too. Maddening.

Players looking shocked when the ref blows for a freekick after they've just fouled someone. You know the rules, just get on with it.

it's not that weird - players "did a Beckham" for years after her showed how effective his free kicks and crossing style was. changed those two parts of the game in many ways.

what does wind me up is that Bale seems to think he IS Ronaldo incarnate, with all his drifting and movement - he needs to get back to honing and perfecting his skills before (like being able to actually put i a half decent cross or get a shot on target)

i think he is starting to beleive the hype and becoming ineffective as a result.

I don't mean him trying to copy the style of free kicks Ronaldo hits, thats fair enough its the standing in the exact same stance before his run up, surely standing in that way can't have that much to do with actually striking the ball that way, maybe this is why I never made it as a professional footballer! lol

it's not that weird - players "did a Beckham" for years after her showed how effective his free kicks and crossing style was. changed those two parts of the game in many ways.

what does wind me up is that Bale seems to think he IS Ronaldo incarnate, with all his drifting and movement - he needs to get back to honing and perfecting his skills before (like being able to actually put i a half decent cross or get a shot on target)

i think he is starting to beleive the hype and becoming ineffective as a result.

Absolutely this. Been going that way for a long time too imo.

One of mine is players retiring from international football or pulling out of friendlies all the time. undermines the national team massively imo

I hate managers who don't celebrate goals. Get a pulse for goodness sake!

Of course you can go too far the other way too...

dingdongheads who boo the players who are playing for the team they are supposed to support.

....who are often the same dingdongheads who turn up to their seat 5 minutes after the game has started only to go to the bar 5 minutes before halftime. They then return at the 50 minutes mark, before finally fcukin' off 5 minutes before normal time!

Also, whilst I am in "rant mode", why is Bale morphing into Zoolander?

Up your own arse goal celebrations.

+1. And running randomly around the field, slapping away approaches from your teammates who passed the ball to you and facilitated your goal and wish to celebrate with you.

There's a famous quote about American football, attributed to one of several people, along the lines of, "When you score, act like you've been there before."

+1. And running randomly around the field, slapping away approaches from your teammates who passed the ball to you and facilitated your goal and wish to celebrate with you.

There's a famous quote about American football, attributed to one of several people, along the lines of, "When you score, act like you've been there before."

+1.Don't be a twunt, celebrate with the men who helped make the goddamn goal possible.

Winding down the clock in the corner.

Fans pay to see football played. There's enough time wasted in throw ons, goal kicks, free kicks, subs and corners. Let alone these qunts try to waste four minutes in a corner. It's pathetic.

Draw a couple of their players in and then work an attack on the goal but all this grown men standing with their back to each other shielding the ball reminds me too much of rugby.

If we're leading I don't care what we do in the last couple of minutes, as long as it doesn't involve giving the ball back to the other team. Results matter more than performances at that point.

Back