• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pet Hates

Bale's rolling around like he can never walk again every time he gets fouled. At 1-1 against norwich in the final three minutes we are in the attack and he stays down untill the ball gets kicked out of play. He then gets back up and finishes the game without any problems. If we're trying to win a game in the final minutes you'd better be seriously injured if you stay down, in fact at all times you'd better be seriously injured if you stay down to get an injury treatment, but thats another story.
Too right. You'd have thought by now coaches would have got onto him about this. Not doing his image one bit of good.

Too right. You'd have thought by now coaches would have got onto him about this. Not doing his image one bit of good.

Since we've got a portugese manager and a german asst manager they'll see nothing wrong with it.

though to be fair he does seem to get up a bit quicker now a days or just looks at the ref with a expression of what the fudge if he gets fouled now.

Bale's rolling around like he can never walk again every time he gets fouled. At 1-1 against norwich in the final three minutes we are in the attack and he stays down untill the ball gets kicked out of play. He then gets back up and finishes the game without any problems. If we're trying to win a game in the final minutes you'd better be seriously injured if you stay down, in fact at all times you'd better be seriously injured if you stay down to get an injury treatment, but thats another story.

Don't know what's worse, Bale's blatant play acting and diving, or the Spurs fans who always defend him.

The fallacy that its only foreign players who dive. Look at the English players who have a rep for diving in recent years: Ashley Cole, Rooney, Owen, Ashley Young, Welbeck, Gerrard. All serial offenders! For fudge sake, Rodney Marsh used to dive frequently and that was 30 years ago! So it's not a recent occurrence in English football.

This thread is a good idea, getting a lot of things off my chest.

I think that the space in the corner is too tight for them to get a decent run up and wrap their foot around the ball. Have a look the next time someone takes one, they really don't look comfortable..

Doesnt explain why we are crap at corners away as well

don't like the way defoe or lennon simply ignores the play to throw a mini-tantrum when they fail to receive a pass or convert a chance - especially when play continues...

Last edited:
Walker's atrocious crossing tinkles me off. It's not that it's consistently bad; that I could handle, I'm used to seeing Spurs play consistently badly. What utterly infuriates me is that once every ten odd crosses, he'll pull out a fantastic one, send it arrowing towards the penalty spot with grace and balletic precision, curving gently as it sails past the mystified defenders and helpless goalie.

Then, we'll miss the chance. And the next nine crosses will be bloody fire-and-forget SAM missiles aimed at the ****erel on the East Stand.

But you always hope that the next cross will be the beautifully weighted one, because you've seen him do it before. And the next one nearly always isn't. So you continue to be disappointed nine times out of ten.

Defoe's 'shoot on sight' policy - grinds me every time

Lennon's '4 turns before I cross it' move - put in the box first time, son! Don't let them re-group.

BAE's 'corckscrew' turn which often results in loss of possession, substantial pressure at the back, and sometimes even a cheap goal.

Brad's aimless long punts to no-one. Unecessary loss of possession.

Often? No, VERY rarely, literally 1 in 100. I've never seen us concede a goal from it either. Never.

Often? No, VERY rarely, literally 1 in 100. I've never seen us concede a goal from it either. Never.
Don't have a problem with it, gets him out of tight spots quite brilliantly giving him masses of space and making the opposition look stupid, but iirc it HAS been known to get us in to trouble on the odd occasion. Vaguely seem to remember one situation last season when he tried it and got caught out on the edge of the box leaving us exposed. Pretty sure it ended up costing us but cannot remember which match.

Walker's atrocious crossing tinkles me off. It's not that it's consistently bad; that I could handle, I'm used to seeing Spurs play consistently badly. What utterly infuriates me is that once every ten odd crosses, he'll pull out a fantastic one, send it arrowing towards the penalty spot with grace and balletic precision, curving gently as it sails past the mystified defenders and helpless goalie.

Then, we'll miss the chance. And the next nine crosses will be bloody fire-and-forget SAM missiles aimed at the ****erel on the East Stand.

But you always hope that the next cross will be the beautifully weighted one, because you've seen him do it before. And the next one nearly always isn't. So you continue to be disappointed nine times out of ten.

Yeah came into this thread to say Walker's final ball.

His pause thing EVERY SINGLE fudging TIME absolutely does my head in, always gives the defender a chance to recover and get a block in.

I hate cats.

Actually I hate players being described as headless chickens or cliches in general

Last edited:
I hate that every time I go to YouTube to see highlights of our matches all I get are 15 fudging videos of some sad cnuts ProEvolution (or whatever) video football game.

Sorry, not really on topic, but I had to say it.

Oh, and I f***ing hate having to watch our matches against ManU in a bar with 10-15 ManU "supporters" who spend 3/4 of the match staring at their IPhone texting and only look up to celebrate the goals.

This thread is proving to be cathartic, I could go on.

Illiterate, business-school Americanisms and the people who use them, pointlessly recycling verbal nouns back into verbs again, and never using an existing word if they can mangle it into an invented one with at least one extra syllable. Don't do it, Andre.

Walker getting into a position to sling in a quick cross, only to stop to do half a dozen ludicrous step-overs.

Defenders passing back to the goalkeeper when under no pressure, for the goalkeeper to then hoof it upfield giving up possession.

Bale's constant disappearing from the left wing.

AVB's voice (just cough ffs!)

Players pretending to go in for aerial challenges. Defoe and Ade do it unfortunately. Ball ends up high and the striker will move to it, and attempt a half a yard jump with a limp flick of the head at it whilst the CB has a free clearance. So frustrating, just fudging challenge for the ball instead of trying to look like you're challenging for the ball. Once you notice it you see it all the time.

agree with this one. VDV did it all the time too.

Back