• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

2 signings (Porro and Danjuma) would represent an active January window so that's 3 windows in a row of decent activity....just hope these two players turn out as successful as the two last Jan!
It would be decent. I can’t help but feel CB, particularly LCB is getting to urgent status now though, really has to be priority next up.

It would be decent. I can’t help but feel CB, particularly LCB is getting to urgent status now though, really has to be priority next up.
I think it’s more the commanding CB rather than LCB we really need. Davies is solid enough, and I don’t get the sudden criticism for Lenglet since the Emirates Marketing Project game. Yeah he fudged up there, but he was a steady performer before that and good on the ball. I think a CB was always more likely to be targeted in the summer.

Plus by improving our attacking capabilities maybe our defence won’t be under the cosh so much and will look a little better - at least enough to get by until the summer…..

I think it’s more the commanding CB rather than LCB we really need. Davies is solid enough, and I don’t get the sudden criticism for Lenglet since the Emirates Marketing Project game. Yeah he fudged up there, but he was a steady performer before that and good on the ball. I think a CB was always more likely to be targeted in the summer.

Plus by improving our attacking capabilities maybe our defence won’t be under the cosh so much and will look a little better - at least enough to get by until the summer…..
I don’t mind Lenglet, think he’s better than Davies who for me is average, but don’t forget he’s only on a season loan.

I think the fact that in the summer we were only linked with and signed a LCB means that Paratici and Conte thought that was the more pressing position rather than CCB.

my view is we need both positions as a priority (latest the summer window), but I didn’t want to go overboard on my first post! It’s really splitting hairs and a matter of opinion which of the 2 positions is worse.

If it's true that we are agreeing to let him play in the Portuguese Cup Final this weekend do you still think we can announce it before? or do you think it's actually already done but they are just keeping us hanging until after that game?

Agreed.

I think we should strengthen any position we can of the positions where there's real room for improvement either in the best 11 or in the squad.

But if I had a direct choice it would be a new goalkeeper. Think that's more pressing than a CB. Don't think it's likely though.

If it's true that we are agreeing to let him play in the Portuguese Cup Final this weekend do you still think we can announce it before? or do you think it's actually already done but they are just keeping us hanging until after that game?
If that is the case I can see why they wouldn't want to announce it, would also put pressure on him not to shirk any tackles through the game knowing he's leaving?

Plus if they lose it will somehow become another Spurs failure!

Agreed.

I think we should strengthen any position we can of the positions where there's real room for improvement either in the best 11 or in the squad.

But if I had a direct choice it would be a new goalkeeper. Think that's more pressing than a CB. Don't think it's likely though.

No way you are going to sign a quality first choice keeper in January.

Has been a pretty "leaky" negotiation so far it seems. Don't think it's already done.

No idea if we would announce it. Doesn't happen often this kind of thing.

Hope we announce soon just for our sake, these leaky negotiations that take time does something to my nerves.

I don’t mind Lenglet, think he’s better than Davies who for me is average, but don’t forget he’s only on a season loan.

I think the fact that in the summer we were only linked with and signed a LCB means that Paratici and Conte thought that was the more pressing position rather than CCB.

my view is we need both positions as a priority (latest the summer window), but I didn’t want to go overboard on my first post! It’s really splitting hairs and a matter of opinion which of the 2 positions is worse.
Goalkeeper and a CB will have to be our two priorities in the summer. We need top quality signings in those two positions and it's easier to do that in the summer than January.

Goalkeeper and a CB will have to be our two priorities in the summer. We need top quality signings in those two positions and it's easier to do that in the summer than January.

I agree a new keeper HAS to be our first priority this summer, we can blame our CB's till the cows come home ( and i admit they are not the best) but playing in front of a keeper that is not commanding is not easy and one of the reasons they seem to be so unsure what to do.

Lloris has been a top keeper but i have seen the slow decline in his form ( it happens to all of them)

ACL injury incoming! Couldn't be more sexy than that!

One way of structuring it would be to sign the deal conditional on him coming through a second medical on Sunday next week. Therefore we have an 'out' in the event that he has a significant injury

Or alternatively just dont sign the deal til Sunday

I really hope that if we get this guy that we also somehow manage to get udogie now and send udinese sess and tanganga/sanchez on loan for 18 months on favourable terms if that’s what it takes.

Gives sess a chance to develop and replace perisic in the squad in 18 months and importantly our wing backs for the rest of this season would be udogie and porro with perisic and doherty as alternatives.

Emerson then goes to rcb cover and spence goes on prem loan for 6 months and replaces doherty in the squad in the summer.

I really hope that if we get this guy that we also somehow manage to get udogie now and send udinese sess and tanganga/sanchez on loan for 18 months on favourable terms if that’s what it takes.

No chance of them releasing Udogie this window, when fit he has been one of their best performers.

Back