• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Did anyone remember how he played against us?
Also, are those games the only reason we are buying him or has he been tracked for longer than just this season?

I’m not usually one of those “just pay up” kind of people but if this is the one that Conte wants, then just pay up.

I'm rarely, if ever, in "just pay up" mode.

If he is "the one" that Conte wants, yeah, try your best to get him.

My impression is that he's a good player, possibly very good, and the release clause or thereabouts is probably somewhat decent value. Good age, should be a good fit for the system.

He's not extremely expensive even for a wing/full back. Not a Hakimi level fee, but also not a Hakimi level player.

I would be surprised if he's "the one" though. I think most likely Paratici has more than one name on the list and we're looking at deals plural to see what is possible. I don't think he's a "the one" level player.

If Sporting are sticking to the release clause as their overall fee there still may be a lot of negotiation to be done. Who knows if we can afford the release clause as a one off payment the way I think these clauses work?

Most likely that's the overall fee they're asking for. Which installments, can a deal be done with the sell on clause for Edwards etc.

For those reasons I think this will "drag on".

The thing is Sporting are under no pressure to sell, they did not go around Europe trying to flog him, we were the ones that approached them. I truly think we should either pay up or look for an alternative solution. I think it will be amusing if Sporting do not back down, that would put the pressure squarely on us to either pay up or move on.

I'm rarely, if ever, in "just pay up" mode.

If he is "the one" that Conte wants, yeah, try your best to get him.

My impression is that he's a good player, possibly very good, and the release clause or thereabouts is probably somewhat decent value. Good age, should be a good fit for the system.

He's not extremely expensive even for a wing/full back. Not a Hakimi level fee, but also not a Hakimi level player.

I would be surprised if he's "the one" though. I think most likely Paratici has more than one name on the list and we're looking at deals plural to see what is possible. I don't think he's a "the one" level player.

If Sporting are sticking to the release clause as their overall fee there still may be a lot of negotiation to be done. Who knows if we can afford the release clause as a one off payment the way I think these clauses work?

Most likely that's the overall fee they're asking for. Which installments, can a deal be done with the sell on clause for Edwards etc.

For those reasons I think this will "drag on".

Yes, I agree with you. The €40m doesnt feel outragreous for a decent WB, assuming he's at the right level

Would be nice if it could be done quicker given the big games we have coming up, but I share your veiw that this could well be a Jan 31st deal

Yes, I agree with you. The €40m doesnt feel outragreous for a decent WB, assuming he's at the right level

Would be nice if it could be done quicker given the big games we have coming up, but I share your veiw that this could well be a Jan 31st deal
It really does depend on the installments. If that is not an option because you have to pay the buyout clause in full, I just can't see us going with that.

That would be a lot of potential 1st installments for other signings all redirected into one player.

It really does depend on the installments. If that is not an option because you have to pay the buyout clause in full, I just can't see us going with that.

That would be a lot of potential 1st installments for other signings all redirected into one player.
We can offer the club the release fee
But agree to pay it instalments
In effect they are getting what he is worth, for the fee, just not a single sum

Did anyone remember how he played against us?
Also, are those games the only reason we are buying him or has he been tracked for longer than just this season?
Went forward well
Defended like a winger concerned to wing back
Would have the same issues here but we would, in theory, be in the front foot more

We can offer the club the release fee
But agree to pay it instalments
In effect they are getting what he is worth, for the fee, just not a single sum
That's obviously an option, and may be they'll flex to that in the coming weeks. It's not something they find acceptable given the current noises they're making.

The thing is Sporting are under no pressure to sell, they did not go around Europe trying to flog him, we were the ones that approached them. I truly think we should either pay up or look for an alternative solution. I think it will be amusing if Sporting do not back down, that would put the pressure squarely on us to either pay up or move on.
There is some risk here for Sporting. We could in the last moments of the window trigger his clause and leave them short of getting a replacement. That must be in their minds while dealing with this? that being said I don't know what kind of depth Sporting has right now.

There is some risk here for Sporting. We could in the last moments of the window trigger his clause and leave them short of getting a replacement. That must be in their minds while dealing with this? that being said I don't know what kind of depth Sporting has right now.
They won’t care
If we came in late they could buy a player from their own league in a similar way and bank the profit

I think 40m for a RB is pricey personally, not against paying it if they're a super star but it sounds like Porro is a decent but not excellent player from what I can make out.

I think 40m for a RB is pricey personally, not against paying it if they're a super star but it sounds like Porro is a decent but not excellent player from what I can make out.

Hakimi is the most expensive RB/RWB ever I think. 68m euros according to Google. Also one of the best around in that role and a relatively recent transfer so a decent benchmark for an excellent player in that position.

Between half and two thirds of that is quite a lot. If we think he has the potential to really step up, get close to excellent at least it's fine imo. But definitely not a great deal in itself.

Is he's the best RWB we can realistically buy it could be a great deal for us as though.

Hakimi is the most expensive RB/RWB ever I think. 68m euros according to Google. Also one of the best around in that role and a relatively recent transfer so a decent benchmark for an excellent player in that position.

Between half and two thirds of that is quite a lot. If we think he has the potential to really step up, get close to excellent at least it's fine imo. But definitely not a great deal in itself.

Is he's the best RWB we can realistically buy it could be a great deal for us as though.
I guess the key is who else could we get
I don’t know to be honest and that’s paraticis job to decide

They promised their coach they wouldn't sell anyone in jan. Hence if we want him we have to meet the release clause.

Don't think we should get too het up about a transfer fee amount; better to overpay for the right player, than underpay for a brick one. Remember when everyone was taking the tinkle out of Liverpool for waiting and paying £70m for van Dijk? More important to concentrate on whether the player is a good fit - if a £20m player is the right piece for the jigsaw, but their club doesn't want to sell, paying £40m is worth it to us, if that's what it takes.

Don't think we should get too het up about a transfer fee amount; better to overpay for the right player, than underpay for a brick one. Remember when everyone was taking the tinkle out of Liverpool for waiting and paying £70m for van Dijk? More important to concentrate on whether the player is a good fit - if a £20m player is the right piece for the jigsaw, but their club doesn't want to sell, paying £40m is worth it to us, if that's what it takes.

Agreed and I'm not against paying that level of fee it's more is this the right person? We can't afford to get this one wrong otherwise we'll have 4 RBs that we've spent a total of £90m on in the last 3 years alone.

Maybe he is a great rb but general consensus seems to be he's decent but not spectacular, maybe he can come in and do a job now but is he a 5-10 year solution which is what I think we should be looking for.

Back