• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PDC World Darts 2013

If MVG starts well, then Taylor will struggle winning the crowd back. One thing in Taylor's favour is that it is an earlier start than he has had so far this tournament. He was complaining about being too old to be finishing near 11pm each night

Taylor's defence that Barney hit him hard on the back is laughable. No way of telling how hard his handshake was, but he tried to put his arm around him, nothing malicious. If anything it was overly friendly

Van Gerwen is such a massive scorer though and a good crowd please, raising arms in the air after each 180 as well. Can see them getting behind him big time.

Is Taylor generally disliked in the darts world? Or is it a case of people don't like him cos he wins a lot?

RvB seems like a genuine good guy though from what I can see.

I'm gutted I missed the 17 darter from Van Gerwen last night!

It's hard to tell. I've seen Barney talk about Taylor in interviews as one of his closest friends in the world, not just darts. So for them to fall out must have been something. Other players have fell out with Taylor (I think Kevin Painter and John Part have both flared up whilst walking off stage at the end of a set) but he is talked about as being respected more than liked

I always thought it was jealousy but last night he was over the top with his reaction. He often complains about the noise of the crowd, which is inevitably going to cause them to turn on him

Statement from Barney:

“I understood nothing of it and wanted to hug him. He said F*** Off and I didn’t understand. What inspires the man to push me away?” … “I gave him a nudge in his back and then we walked down the stage there are still harsh words back stage” .. “I wanted to congratulate him .. and then this, incredible. I’m sick of it, I don’t understand his reaction at all.” .. ” I have not talked to him! I just received a text message from Phil. He apologizes for his improper behaviour ” .. “I do not know if I’m going to respond. The emotions are running high. Of course I hope Michael wins final.”

It's hard to tell. I've seen Barney talk about Taylor in interviews as one of his closest friends in the world, not just darts. So for them to fall out must have been something. Other players have fell out with Taylor (I think Kevin Painter and John Part have both flared up whilst walking off stage at the end of a set) but he is talked about as being respected more than liked

I always thought it was jealousy but last night he was over the top with his reaction. He often complains about the noise of the crowd, which is inevitably going to cause them to turn on him

He's thought of as a bit of a prick I think, doesn't come across well in interviews and talks down on some of the other players. Those that like him tend to more admire him because of his feats than anything else. He is pretty downbeat, a bit too serious for me. Never smiles or anything, doesn't really engage with the crowd etc. Look at their entrances last night to see the differences between them.

Barney has came out on Twitter saying that Sky pretty much made up any quotes about him and Phil are anything but okay with eachother.

Phil Taylor

Does anybody know why he kicked off?

EDIT: Woops. Sorry didn't realise there was a darts fred

Last edited:
By rights MVG's power scoring should see him win comfortably providing he can back it up with better finishing on the doubles.
But its his first PDC World final, despite winning other majors, that still has to count for something.
Taylor is Taylor, he hasnt really turned it on so far, he really wants this trophy, more than ever this year. This could go all the way to a deciding set

Back