• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

By that same argument, Lamela vs Townsend is a non-starter because in his case we are talking 30mill! How can you bring in money into the argument? He either played better or not...

You bring money into the argument when people are asking why Paulinho is copping all the crap when Mason and Bentaleb played just as badly

You bring money into the argument when people are asking why Paulinho is copping all the crap when Mason and Bentaleb played just as badly
In which case Baldini or Levy should be copping the crap - Paulinho didn't set the transfer fee.

The whole midfield and attack were toss

Paulinho played to the best of his ability whcih clearly has limits. Mason and Bentekab were worse

What worries me is thah Paulinho was meant to be playing number 10... Yet spends most of the game with Mason and Bentelab

Were we playing 4-2-1-2-1???

Exactly. No one has yet been able to say what formation we were supposed to be playing against Burnley. Where was Paulinho actually playing? No. 10? Behind Mason and Bentelab? In the middle of a three? We were literally all over the place. One thing it wasn't was 4231.

Decent performance today. Looks like he could be a decent player if given time on the ball, the game is played at a walking pace and there is no pressure or life in the game.

Hopefully someone will take him off our hands and we don't have to see his sideways and backwards passing next season. Pray

Quite possibly his best game in central/deep midfield for us ever. I know, I know, Saudi Sportswashing Machine... But still.

Would be interesting to know what Pochettino was thinking about the players like Paulinho for next season. Most likely he's one of those we'll be looking to get a fee for, but after some of his recent games I would be a lot less upset about him staying than I would have been in January. Today he actually looked like the kind of player we supposedly signed.

Paulinho has the same amount of assists (5) as PFA Young Player of the Year nominee, Philippe Coutinho.

Quite possibly his best game in central/deep midfield for us ever. I know, I know, Saudi Sportswashing Machine... But still.

Would be interesting to know what Pochettino was thinking about the players like Paulinho for next season. Most likely he's one of those we'll be looking to get a fee for, but after some of his recent games I would be a lot less upset about him staying than I would have been in January. Today he actually looked like the kind of player we supposedly signed.

If you look at lots the clubs official Youtube videos the likes of Paulinho and Townsend are always there trying out set pieces.
I get the impression that Paulinho is doing everything right behind the scenes and this is the only thing impressing Poch.
This is why he is prepared to give him time on the pitch in a post season game.

I've been supportive of Paulinho getting his run in the side since the Leicester game, but as Dubai said, todays performance was good, but not MOTM worthy. Bentaleb for my money had a better game.

Paulinho did play some nice passes into Kane and there were some decent switches of play, but there were also times where is unwillingness to take a risk and run with the ball cost us and slowed us down.

I've been supportive of Paulinho getting his run in the side since the Leicester game, but as Dubai said, todays performance was good, but not MOTM worthy. Bentaleb for my money had a better game.

Paulinho did play some nice passes into Kane and there were some decent switches of play, but there were also times where is unwillingness to take a risk and run with the ball cost us and slowed us down.
I agree with that.

I slated Paulie before the game but he was very good in the first half. 2nd half he kinda disappeared a bit but compared to previous outings that was a big step forward. He's obviously been watching Glenn Hoddle videos too. Bar a few mistakes Bentaleb put in a a very mature performance again. A welcome return to form and probably edged MOTM for me also.

Well the interesting thing is that we sold jake livermore for being a workhorse who wasn't good enough yet he is superior to paulinho in every sense. I have had the misfortune of watching hull quite a few times and Paulinho's performance today would be livermore on an average day. The fact that we are feeling positive by an average performance says it all really.

What was clear is that if the game is slow and he is given lots of time, he can actually pass he ball forward - yet everytime he was put under pressure he shovelled it to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine shirt! Perhaps in a slow paced, average league like Serie A he might be OK but he is nowhere near good enough and it's funny that some local lad from Enfield who was deemed rubbish by our fans would easily upstage him.

The other thing that worries me is why Poch thinks he can bring anything that Dembele can't - I am not a huge moussa fan but he is a much better player

Well the interesting thing is that we sold jake livermore for being a workhorse who wasn't good enough yet he is superior to paulinho in every sense. I have had the misfortune of watching hull quite a few times and Paulinho's performance today would be livermore on an average day. The fact that we are feeling positive by an average performance says it all really.

What was clear is that if the game is slow and he is given lots of time, he can actually pass he ball forward - yet everytime he was put under pressure he shovelled it to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine shirt! Perhaps in a slow paced, average league like Serie A he might be OK but he is nowhere near good enough and it's funny that some local lad from Enfield who was deemed rubbish by our fans would easily upstage him.

The other thing that worries me is why Poch thinks he can bring anything that Dembele can't - I am not a huge moussa fan but he is a much better player
Maybe the game seemed different from up in the stands but I thought Paulinho played well yesterday. His positional sense was very, very good and he supported the defence well when Saudi Sportswashing Machine came forward but also supported our players in attack, always providing an outlet. There was nothing to criticise Paulinho for yesterday
IMO, other than that he seemed to run out of steam in the 5 to 10 minutes before he was replaced.

Back