• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Farewell Paulinho.
You came from Brazil, land of the samba and silky football skills on golden beaches.
Unfortunately you were shiite.
Which is why you used to play for FC Vilnius.

(No offence meant to any Lithuanians reading)

[Disclaimer: Assuming AfricanSpurs is correct]

I'd agree with this sale. I have nothing against the guy, but going forward we need to trim the squad, make some money and invest it into the types of player that Poch needs.

To be honest I see where you're coming from mate. He should be producing more,because I've seen him enough to know he's got something about him and no amount of posters bad mouthing him on here will sway my opinion on that. I can only assume he's not playing in a system that suits him well enough...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

tickle my balls with a feather, when he was played in his best position last season he scored goals ( and we do not get them from our other M/F players). If you watch him during a game his running off the ball into space is first class, but the problem is we do not move it fast enough.

tickle my balls with a feather, when he was played in his best position last season he scored goals ( and we do not get them from our other M/F playeyrs). If you watch him during a game his running off the ball into space is first class, but the problem is we do not move it fast enough.

Don't agree. For one he doesn't move it quickly..... but whilst his running off the ball is good, a lot of it is because positionally he cheats and easentially does what he wants. Everytime he played last year, expect from a few games at 10, his midfield partner looked like a prat as he was completely outnumbered.

Bar a couple of games, he was largely poor last season. Regardless of system, you would still expect a 20m midfielder to have a touch, a passing range, a bit of vision and skill - yet he doesn't. Since Mason has come into the team, we have had some good spells football because we have players with actual ability and awareness playing in there.

Lampard fitted the system well at chelsea yet he brought 10 times as much to the team as this fraud does. He flopped in some dog**** leagues and in retrospect its no surprise that he has been as a poor as he has been. Saying that, does anyone have his agents number, could do with a magician in my life

tickle my balls with a feather, when he was played in his best position last season he scored goals ( and we do not get them from our other M/F players). If you watch him during a game his running off the ball into space is first class, but the problem is we do not move it fast enough.

What do you think his best position is? Number 10 in a 4-2-3-1? One of the deeper two? He has been played primarily as one of the deeper two under Poch when he's been getting games. In the PL both Kane and Eriksen have scored goals from the number 10 position and I think Lamela is very capable of doing the same.

If our problem is that we don't move the ball fast enough, and I think it often is, playing Paulinho as one of the deeper two in midfield is not going to solve that at all.

To me this is yet another player that we have paid at least double what he is worth in the current market. Having seen him live at WHL. a few times and on the box playing for Brazil I for one cannnot see any value he brings to the team or even the squad. Of course I must be wrong as he has continually been picked for the Brazil squad even when playing a bit part at Spurs. And still gets in the Spurs squad but I just cant see what the manager thinks he brings to the side. Imo he is not suited to the Prem, same for Soldado and Lamela, not bad players but not suited to the prem.
I think there are about 10 or maybe 12 players we should ship out and replace with hopefully 4 quality signings if possible and promote acadamy players into the other squad places. I know this is easier said than done, but I think we should stick with the manager even though the jury is still out, but thats what you get when you sign one on the back of one average season.

To me this is yet another player that we have paid at least double what he is worth in the current market. Having seen him live at WHL. a few times and on the box playing for Brazil I for one cannnot see any value he brings to the team or even the squad. Of course I must be wrong as he has continually been picked for the Brazil squad even when playing a bit part at Spurs. And still gets in the Spurs squad but I just cant see what the manager thinks he brings to the side. Imo he is not suited to the Prem, same for Soldado and Lamela, not bad players but not suited to the prem.
I think there are about 10 or maybe 12 players we should ship out and replace with hopefully 4 quality signings if possible and promote acadamy players into the other squad places. I know this is easier said than done, but I think we should stick with the manager even though the jury is still out, but thats what you get when you sign one on the back of one average season.

It never ceases to amaze me that other than Modric, countless times we have proven to be terrible as a club at investing significant sums in the right players. The only mitigating factor would be that we spent a considerable sum on Wilson Palacios and I think overall he would have proven a quality signing if his head hadn't been completely destroyed by what happened to his brother.

Whenever we seem to have a bit of dosh around we continually fail to invest it wisely:

*Rebrov
*Postiga
*Pavlyuchenko
*Bentley
*Paulinho
*Lamela
*Soldado
*Capoue

It's almost like Levy is that guy from the skittles advert in that whenever he has to authorise a transfer over £10m, the player automatically becomes cursed and will remain sh** for the rest of his footballing career.

It never ceases to amaze me that other than Modric, countless times we have proven to be terrible as a club at investing significant sums in the right players. The only mitigating factor would be that we spent a considerable sum on Wilson Palacios and I think overall he would have proven a quality signing if his head hadn't been completely destroyed by what happened to his brother.

Whenever we seem to have a bit of dosh around we continually fail to invest it wisely:

*Rebrov
*Postiga
*Pavlyuchenko
*Bentley
*Paulinho
*Lamela
*Soldado
*Capoue

It's almost like Levy is that guy from the skittles advert in that whenever he has to authorise a transfer over £10m, the player automatically becomes cursed and will remain sh** for the rest of his footballing career.

Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market. I would also argue that Rebrov wasn't really a flop. I think he scored 13 goals in his first season with us - which is a decent return for a first season. Hoddle then came in and moved Rebrov wide right while bringing Sherringham back to the club to play as the number 10 type.

I also thought that Pav was OK. He certainly scored goals, it's just that he wasn't the hardest working of strikers.

*Rebrov
*Postiga
*Pavlyuchenko
*Bentley
*Paulinho
*Lamela
*Soldado
*Capoue

I think you are being a bit harsh on Pav including him amongst that lot

All clubs are guilty of spending money on players that dont make it. But we seem to have a scattwrgun policy, in that if we buy enough players at least one will make it. I dont like making comparisons to other clubs, but I really thought we should have used the money we got from selling Bale Huddlestone and Parker(over £100 mil?) on targeting 3 or 4 quality signings rather than the players we got. To me Lamela and Soldado were huge gambles as that they were unproven in this league. If we had paid at lot less it wouldn't look so bad. I'm sure we could have got a striker like Bony for similar or less money than we paid for Soldado. And the money we paid for Lamela who had a handful of games for Roma is criminal. I'm sure part of the fee was seen as compensation for getting Baldini from them. But who knows, I could be way off the mark.
The other thing is there are players who we will never get as we are not in champions and we dont pay big wages. We may be able to pay the transfer fee but cant match the wages offered by other clubs(Willian for example, having a medical, gets call from another club offering more than twice the wages and its bye bye Spurs)
Last summer we should have gone for Schneiderlin straight away if the manager wanted him. Not waited til they had sold a load of players and banked a pile of money, thereby having no need to sell anyone else.Yes we probably would have paid over the odds but so what? Get rid of Dembele Paulihno Capoue, at least we would have a player the manager knows and wants and is proven at this level.
The other sickening thing is 3rd and 4th place are there for the taking this season, a couple of decent buys and we would definately be in the mix.

What do you think his best position is? Number 10 in a 4-2-3-1? One of the deeper two? He has been played primarily as one of the deeper two under Poch when he's been getting games. In the PL both Kane and Eriksen have scored goals from the number 10 position and I think Lamela is very capable of doing the same.

If our problem is that we don't move the ball fast enough, and I think it often is, playing Paulinho as one of the deeper two in midfield is not going to solve that at all.

Personally I think he is best in the middle of a 3 man CM, he is the one that will find the space and make the runs better then our other options. He is wasted as a deeper two ( imo).

Don't agree. For one he doesn't move it quickly..... but whilst his running off the ball is good, a lot of it is because positionally he cheats and easentially does what he wants. Everytime he played last year, expect from a few games at 10, his midfield partner looked like a prat as he was completely outnumbered.

Bar a couple of games, he was largely poor last season. Regardless of system, you would still expect a 20m midfielder to have a touch, a passing range, a bit of vision and skill - yet he doesn't. Since Mason has come into the team, we have had some good spells football because we have players with actual ability and awareness playing in there.

Lampard fitted the system well at chelsea yet he brought 10 times as much to the team as this fraud does. He flopped in some dog**** leagues and in retrospect its no surprise that he has been as a poor as he has been. Saying that, does anyone have his agents number, could do with a magician in my life

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However after your thoughts on Fazio and you writing him off after a couple of games I see no point in debating this with you has you see things and make rash judgements on players and I would be wasting my time.

This.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However after your thoughts on Fazio and you writing him off after a couple of games I see no point in debating this with you has you see things and make rash judgements on players and I would be wasting my time.

=D>

He will excel somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

Its been a recurring thing the last couple of seasons, playing players out of position. Look at Siggy, goes back to Swansea and has 2 goals and 7 assists already this season, yet in a lot of his games for us he was largely ineffectual although I always thought he was a goal threat for us. Dembele? How many goals did he get for Fulham before he came to us? He now look totally ineffective when he plays now, doesn't do anything, goes past a player or 2 runs into blind alley stops turns back doesn't release the ball. What is his best position? I could go on about various players. What I'd like to know is why can us fans see it but our managers cant?

Back