• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

I like what I've seen in the last two matches, let's give him a few more games - then see what happens in the January window.

He always does I could never understand why some fans have called him lazy, he may not have played well but his commitment to the team is usually good.

Sorry, I disagree with that. Commitment is one thing Paulie has not shown to the Spurs cause. I put a lot of this down to the world cup and not wanting to get injured, but until I see him put his body on the line in at least one committed tackle then my opinion of him will not change.

IMO we should get rid and use the squad spot for someone who deserves it. We should have kept Siggy.

Sorry, I disagree with that. Commitment is one thing Paulie has not shown to the Spurs cause. I put a lot of this down to the world cup and not wanting to get injured, but until I see him put his body on the line in at least one committed tackle then my opinion of him will not change.

IMO we should get rid and use the squad spot for someone who deserves it. We should have kept Siggy.

Well we will disagree, every game I have seen him play he never stops working and looking for space, I agree his overall game has not been top notch but he works hard. I agree about Siggy but he is another player who was written of too quickly by some fans.

That was last season, we saw alot of that from all the Brazilians, even Oscar got blasted for it by Jose. I think they were told to save themselves for the world cup by Scolari.

I do think there is a player there who we can get some of our money back on hopefully.

Did better tonight but has to be sold - he isn't what we bought and 90% of the time has been apalling

Did better tonight but has to be sold - he isn't what we bought and 90% of the time has been apalling

So the consensus seems to be that Lamela (despite showing little progress over many games) should be given more time but Paulinho - who, as you say seems to be getting better with every game - should not be afforded the same???

So the consensus seems to be that Lamela (despite showing little progress over many games) should be given more time but Paulinho - who, as you say seems to be getting better with every game - should not be afforded the same???

plus quite a few people have set out their stalls in defense of the lad from day dot and wont relinquish their position on him. fair play to them

kid does have potential but i personally dont see him being a (bale/modric/berbatov)-esq type difference maker to our team for a number of years

statistically though i have no doubt he will vastly improve ..in the same way chadli has...i.e not the individual guy to raise us by the scruff of the neck but rather the guy that statistically does so along with support from his team

people give this guy way too much stick. bar 1 or 2 games i dont think he has been too bad and always seems to work hard and make himself available

people give this guy way too much stick. bar 1 or 2 games i dont think he has been too bad and always seems to work hard and make himself available

Agree! We should definetly keep Paulinho. Dembele on the other hand.....My GHod he's going backwards in every way and should be offloaded along with Ade in January.

I feel the exact opposite, he's a jogger who goes does a great casper impression.

I would go along with that as well, i am amazed when i hear some fans say he is lazy and strolls about with no effort.

Space .... Rossi

have you guys switch accounts or something. i could have sworn that space called him out a few times in the past and rossi i thought you were his die hard fan? "Sublime pass" and all that?

Must have been doing well in training for him to work himself back into contention from where he was a month or so ago.

I still think he's expendable as the road for him from here to becoming a regular starter seems massive. And despite doing better in recent weeks he's still not influencing games all that much. But good to see a positive reaction from him. If he can keep improving he might still have a future with us.

Space .... Rossi

have you guys switch accounts or something. i could have sworn that space called him out a few times in the past and rossi i thought you were his die hard fan? "Sublime pass" and all that?

I've rarely if ever had anything good to say about Paulinho.

I'm not a die hard Lamela fan either, you're right that I described one of his passes as sublime though.

I would go along with that as well, i am amazed when i hear some fans say he is lazy and strolls about with no effort.

He has looked lazy tracking back and bottled out of tackles several times - he has largely displayed a poor attitude towards to defensive side of the game and his midfield partners has often been left to look average because of this

Back