• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

I'm just thinking about all the times this guy has shown to be an absolute liability in a Premiership midfield. That time when he ducked out of the 50/50 tackle in midfield against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the Lane which led to their winner - i'm getting more and more worked up. You might be able to get away with mincing about midfield doing nothing and popping up to head in the odd goal in the Brazilian league and for Brazil, you certainly can't be a central midfielder in a top European league and get away with how he plays.

I did have my worries when we went for him, given that top European clubs have been looking at him for a while but all passed.

His part in the 2nd goal was disgraceful...he wouldn't have even been hurt had the ball hit him it was going that sloooooow!

He has been a huge disappointment but I don't think he's been particularly helped by Sherwood with his midfield partner and the fact he is completely out of place in a 442!

From what I've seen he seems out of place whatever formation we play or role we give him. To be honest he is not Premier league quality no matter what he's done for Brazil in friendlies and the ultra-competitive Confederations Cup.

He's in Brazil's squad for the world cup. Perform and he could get a move.

Interesting to see Henrique in the squad ahead of Atletico Madrid's Miranda. Diego Costa opting to play for Spain is a bit of a joke considering Fred or Jo are Brazil's strikers.

Goalkeepers: Júlio César (Toronto FC), Jéfferson (Botafogo), Victor (Grêmio)
Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Internazionale), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli)
Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Fernandinho (Emirates Marketing Project), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Internazionale), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Barcelona), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Jô (Atlético Mineiro)

Interesting to see Henrique in the squad ahead of Atletico Madrid's Miranda. Diego Costa opting to play for Spain is a bit of a joke considering Fred or Jo are Brazil's strikers.

Wot - no Hilarity Gormless ?

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Internazionale), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli)
Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Fernandinho (Emirates Marketing Project), Oscar (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Hernanes (Internazionale), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Forwards: Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Barcelona), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Jô (Atlético Mineiro)

I think it's VERY sad that Sandro is not in that squad...i wonder if there will be a big issue with Sherwod now because of that, even in these likely last few days of his tenure...:-k

Wot - no Hilarity Gormless ?

He made it quite clear he didn't give a **** about his career when he chose money over playing every week and turned his nose up at at possible moves over the last few years due allegedly high wage demands.

I think it's VERY sad that Sandro is not in that squad...i wonder if there will be a big issue with Sherwod now because of that, even in these likely last few days of his tenure...:-k

I have a feeling he wouldn't of made it even if he had been playing every week, just take a look at the midfielders that have been chosen, you'd have to say that they are all quite dynamic players that can play more than one role in a formation, something as much as I love Sandro he doesn't poses.

Last edited:

Pretty sure Sandro had fallen out with the Brazilian manager before Sherwood came, I'm sure there are people better placed here who could confirm/deny that....

He made it quite clear he didn't give a **** about his career when he chose money over playing every week and turned his nose up at at possible moves over the last few years due allegedly high wage demands.

I thought it was Levy who had priced Gomes out of a move back to PSV?

Doubt Sandro would have made it anyway, was always facing a huge battle after injury and they have so much talent. I'd have been surprised to see him in there even if he was playing week in week out with us.

Pretty sure Sandro had fallen out with the Brazilian manager before Sherwood came, I'm sure there are people better placed here who could confirm/deny that....

Really?? Wow, that's interesting...i was under the impression that Sandro was one of 'Big Phil''s favourites...

I thought it was Levy who had priced Gomes out of a move back to PSV?

I've read quite a few comments over the months about potential moves back to Brazil and PSV failing due to him not wanting a drop in salary. The guy could have quite easily demanded a loan at the very least this year with the WC coming, I'm sure with Lloris, Friedel and Archer the management would have agreed, but he was quite happy to play 3rd/4th choice and collect his wages every week.

Last edited:

Really?? Wow, that's interesting...i was under the impression that Sandro was one of 'Big Phil''s favourites...

I read it somewhere, SuperHudd also said this in another thread last month:

That is certain. I think he has along the line said something out of turn in he Brazilian media regarding the current coach Scolari, under the previous two managers Dunga and Menezes he was in. Even played as captain.

I don't think Sandro has even been called up to the squad under Scolari. That is certain. I think he has along the line said something out of turn in he Brazilian media regarding the current coach Scolari, under the previous two managers Dunga and Menezes he was in. Even played as captain.

I don't think Sandro has even been called up to the squad under Scolari.

I read it somewhere, SuperHudd also said this in another thread last month:

That is certain. I think he has along the line said something out of turn in he Brazilian media regarding the current coach Scolari, under the previous two managers Dunga and Menezes he was in. Even played as captain.

I don't think Sandro has even been called up to the squad under Scolari. That is certain. I think he has along the line said something out of turn in he Brazilian media regarding the current coach Scolari, under the previous two managers Dunga and Menezes he was in. Even played as captain.

I don't think Sandro has even been called up to the squad under Scolari.

Sandro was apparently on the outskirts of the squad until his injury in January 2013. Not had a sniff since then I don't think

Greg Stobart now also running the story about Chelsea wanting Paulinho: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/05/09/4805418/chelsea-confident-of-completing-deal-for-tottenham-star

One of the more trustworthy journalists around imo.

Fine, let them have him. I'd rather he was half-decent for them than c*** for us, taking up a space.

Stick on the Levy Premium, sell them the extended warranty and the set of mats and that'll do me.

Fine, let them have him. I'd rather he was half-decent for them than c*** for us, taking up a space.

Stick on the Levy Premium, sell them the extended warranty and the set of mats and that'll do me.

Levy Premium and Lukaku please :)

Could just imagine the complete lack of enthusiasm of a Chelsea director as he makes ready to make contact with Levy. "Well, this will take a while" whispered quietly before shouting to his assistant: "Clear my schedule for the next 10 days."

We often mention how Chelsea will never sell to us, but when was the last time we sold them someone? Has there been anyone recently? My mind has gone blank.

We often mention how Chelsea will never sell to us, but when was the last time we sold them someone? Has there been anyone recently? My mind has gone blank.

It's not a move that happens often, mostly because Chelsea were ****e until the criminal rescued them, but probably Neil Sullivan.

In recent years we've taken the likes of Poyet, Cundy, Durie, Grodås, Cudicini and Gallas off their hands.

It's not a move that happens often, mostly because Chelsea were ****e until the criminal rescued them, but probably Neil Sullivan.

In recent years we've taken the likes of Poyet, Cundy, Durie, Grodås, Cudicini and Gallas off their hands.

Frees at the end of their contracts?

Back