• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Really?

There's a whole lot we can criticise Paulinho for this season imo, we're gonna go for how he celebrates?

Really?

There's a whole lot we can criticise Paulinho for this season imo, we're gonna go for how he celebrates?

Agreed. Criticising him for his lack of celebration is pretty petty. There's already **** loads to criticise him for so not really any point stooping that low.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erves-place-Tottenham-team.html#ixzz2xm9msFyi

Some highlights:

‘I pick players on what they are doing in training, not on reputations and price tags,’ Sherwood said.

‘I can’t be worrying if the Brazil national manager wants him to play every week. I am going to do what is best for Tottenham, not any national manager.

‘He knows if he trains well and plays well, he stays in the side.’ Sherwood added: ‘He’s come here from another country and the language has been a problem for him.

The irony of saying the language barrier is a problem, from a man who struggles to be comprehensible in his native tongue. Passion is passion in any language though, right Tim?

Paulinho hasn't performed to the level you would expect of a player of his status, he's struggled with the pace and ferocity of the PL but for someone who Sherwood admits is struggling to adapt to life here, voicing these comments publicly is only going to alienate the player further.

I'm not against a collective questioning of the team in public after some of the performances we've seen this season, but Sherwoods comments about an individual are the kind that should be kept in house. His best response would have been to reiterate that Paulinho is an important player for the club and that he is very much part of the first team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erves-place-Tottenham-team.html#ixzz2xm9msFyi

Some highlights:

‘I pick players on what they are doing in training, not on reputations and price tags,’ Sherwood said.

‘I can’t be worrying if the Brazil national manager wants him to play every week. I am going to do what is best for Tottenham, not any national manager.

‘He knows if he trains well and plays well, he stays in the side.’ Sherwood added: ‘He’s come here from another country and the language has been a problem for him.

The irony of saying the language barrier is a problem, from a man who struggles to be comprehensible in his native tongue. Passion is passion in any language though, right Tim?

Do you think Paulinho's performances have warranted a place in the side? Or are we criticising the manager even for his right decisions now?

I think Sherwood is right to stick to his guns and Paulinho hasn't impressed that much on the pitch although I do think he can succeed. What I do think is an issue is that Sherwood is bringing the dispute into the public domain. Yes Paulinho has already sounded off in the media, but what I think Sherwood should have done is publicly ignore it, whilst telling the player in private that he needs to apply himself better in training.

Do you think Paulinho's performances have warranted a place in the side? Or are we criticising the manager even for his right decisions now?

It's been covered already, but publicly lambasting him is not going to help him settle any quicker. At the start of the season he was impressive, not to the level he is capable of, but considering it is a new league then he was playing reasonably well. He isn't going to improve, or have any inclination to do so, if his manager is calling him out in public.

He hasn't played well, especially since the Adam injury, but it seems to me because Sherwood has a language barrier with him, and is unsure of whereabouts in the midfield to fully utilise him, then he feels he can justifiably play the 'he doesn't apply himself' card.

Im sure many have forgotten his opening day MOTM performance vs Palace, seems like years ago....

It's been covered already, but publicly lambasting him is not going to help him settle any quicker. At the start of the season he was impressive, not to the level he is capable of, but considering it is a new league then he was playing reasonably well. He isn't going to improve, or have any inclination to do so, if his manager is calling him out in public.

He hasn't played well, especially since the Adam injury, but it seems to me because Sherwood has a language barrier with him, and is unsure of whereabouts in the midfield to fully utilise him, then he feels he can justifiably play the 'he doesn't apply himself' card.

Publicly lambasting him? point me to where he's done this.

In reality, what Sherwood has said is 100% spot on. Maybe under DVD, Invisibilinho was used to putting in stinkers week after week and still being selected but he's now playing under a manager that despite his faults, will not tolerate players coasting through games.

Invisibilinho has been a hopeless failure and he probably won't improve in this country. I mean, he's already admitted he's too lazy to even be bothered to try and learn the language so shifting him in the summer is a necessity.

I have a problem with much of what Sherwood has done, but publically questioning Paulinho's right to be playing for Spurs, probably in response to a question from a journo about why Paulinho wasn't in the team? Well I don't have a problem with this.

Invisiblinho may have got away with coasting through games and popping up with the odd goal for Brazil and Corinthians, but if he wants to succeed for a good European club, then he has to buck his ideas up fast, or his second attempt at playing in Europe is going to end up like the first - going back to Brazil with his tail between his legs and his reputation in tatters.

Publicly lambasting him? point me to where he's done this.

In reality, what Sherwood has said is 100% spot on. Maybe under DVD, Invisibilinho was used to putting in stinkers week after week and still being selected but he's now playing under a manager that despite his faults, will not tolerate players coasting through games.

Invisibilinho has been a hopeless failure and he probably won't improve in this country. I mean, he's already admitted he's too lazy to even be bothered to try and learn the language so shifting him in the summer is a necessity.

Spot on. I mean the fact he's actually admitted what we can all see, that he's lazy and just wants an easy ride, means he will not succeed here. A player can adapt to new systems, cultures and ways of playing if they have the right application and mentality.

What Paulinho has said leads me to think that he didn't come here to better himself, to experience a new culture, new way of playing and improve his ability for club and country, nor did he come here to win things.

He came here because Spurs offered him a tidy wedge, that is all he is interested in, he can't be bothered trying to learn English, trying to adapt, trying to train harder, he's going to earn a tidy sum in wages, then go back to Brazil and pi** about in the Brazilian championship with his financial future secured.

I would say Soldado has been even more dissapointing to an extent than Paulinho, but the guy is working really hard and I read he has actually increased the amount of English lessons he is taking to try and improve. So if he doesn't work out, well he gave it his best shot - with Paulinho, he's just come here for the money and an easy ride.

So because someone hasn't learnt English fluently in under 9 months, whilst balancing a professional football career, and a family moving to a new continent you think we should just get rid of him?

He got a man of the match performance for keeping the best midfield of a generation in Iniesta and Xavi quiet, I think it could prove valuable to give him some time to adjust.

His season has been littered with injuries. Don't forget Sandro didn't exactly set the world ablaze when he first moved here, but given time and help adjusting, he is now a mainstay in our midfield. I'm not here saying Paulinho has had a great season, I like many others expected better. However I do feel it would be worthwhile for the manager to keep any grievances he has with his performance in training in house, not talk about his shortcomings publicly, potentially leaving him more isolated than he already feels.

We're criticising him for being unable to keep his gob shut whenever someone sticks a dictaphone* in front of it

*I am aware that using terms such as dictaphone dates me as much as fax does.

Im sure many have forgotten his opening day MOTM performance vs Palace, seems like years ago....

I don't think anyone was particularly good that day, including Paulinho. Sky needed to give motm to someone so picked the new guy, in fact I'd say Capoue was the most impressive player that day despite only playing 20 minutes or so.

So because someone hasn't learnt English fluently in under 9 months, whilst balancing a professional football career, and a family moving to a new continent you think we should just get rid of him?

He got a man of the match performance for keeping the best midfield of a generation in Iniesta and Xavi quiet, I think it could prove valuable to give him some time to adjust.

His season has been littered with injuries. Don't forget Sandro didn't exactly set the world ablaze when he first moved here, but given time and help adjusting, he is now a mainstay in our midfield. I'm not here saying Paulinho has had a great season, I like many others expected better. However I do feel it would be worthwhile for the manager to keep any grievances he has with his performance in training in house, not talk about his shortcomings publicly, potentially leaving him more isolated than he already feels.

Man of the match by who? Mr and Mrs Paulinho? :) Fred was motm, Paulinho was probably the weakest Brazil player on the pitch.

Anyway, I don't like Paulinho that much as I'm sure you can tell but I'll give him another season. I imagine he's best off in a 433 with a worker and a passer alongside him so he can be freed up to break into the box. He seriously needs to up his effort though, on and off the pitch.

I don't think anyone was particularly good that day, including Paulinho. Sky needed to give motm to someone so picked the new guy, in fact I'd say Capoue was the most impressive player that day despite only playing 20 minutes or so.

Man of the match by who? Mr and Mrs Paulinho? :) Fred was motm, Paulinho was probably the weakest Brazil player on the pitch.

Anyway, I don't like Paulinho that much as I'm sure you can tell but I'll give him another season. I imagine he's best off in a 433 with a worker and a passer alongside him so he can be freed up to break into the box. He seriously needs to up his effort though, on and off the pitch.

Depends where you read really. Neymar has got it from certain places

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/114883/brazil-vs-spain/player-ratings

Doesn't seem like he was the worst from this. And I don't recall him being the worst

Back