• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

So AVB asked the club to sign him? Can we lay the AVB never got any of the players he wanted claim to bed now?

No wonder he played him every game (even when he was continuously ****e). There was no way he was going to drop one of his own signings.

never known a player so weak in the tackle - his physique is alright so its got to be his heart. hes just such a *****. hes not any better than jenas - and at least he turned up for the NLDs.

Charlie Adam has ruined him. Paulinho just needs to take a leaf out of David Luiz' book and clatter the next Stoke player that he comes across regardless of if it's Adam or someone else.

Even Pauliho was good tonight. You can see what he could be when he's gliding around the pitch - he moves really nicely and does have good touches. I got the distinct impression tonight that he was making a conscious effort to step up - even his body language was much, much improved. I think maybe the criticism has gotten through to him and he realises he doesn't have time to pi$$ around any more.

They've played together for us haven't they?

Not as often as I'd personally like. I think both could gel well and Sandro's defensive capabilities could be a good springboard for unleashing the attacking potential of Paulinho. They did play with Dembele in a three a few times too.

The Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho three worked well in the earlier games of the season. The problem was that Paulinho and Dembele both seemed to struggle to pick out the right pass when released through into space.

Best game was Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Dembele on the right, Paulinho behind the striker and Bentaleb holding, although would like Sandro there.

Fcuk we have too many midfielders.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine we played with Capoue holding and both Paulinho and Bentaleb were given licence to affect the game further forward.

Paulinho played well tonight, we look a much better team with him and Eriksen making forward runs than we do with Dembele and Bentaleb.

Paulinho played well tonight, we look a much better team with him and Eriksen making forward runs than we do with Dembele and Bentaleb.

To me our midfield really should be Sandro - Eriksen in every major game, +1 wide player, +1 ball player next to Eriksen

If you play 1 up front, you could potentially have a player like Paulinho in the mix, Dembele to me flatters to deceive, no end product (and not just goals).

With the midfield we have, the mandate this summer must be to create better balance/mix, plus create two midfields (play one in Europe & Cups, one in PL)

I've noticed Paulinho is quite like Siggg in that both are always getting into the box and trying to get a touch on a cross or shot.

Often someone will score and Paulinho is right behind the scorer, just about to apply the finishing touch, e.g. last night when Kane tapped in IIRC.

Paulinho had a good game on Saturday and unlike most fans i think he has been a good but not great buy. Fair enough, sometimes you do forget that he's playing and he does drift in and out of games but he has a goalscoring instinct which not many of our players have and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. His positioning is very good and whilst he can't dictate a game like Dembele can, he is a threat in the opponents box which many of our midfielders are not. 7 goals for a centre mid in his first season in English football is not too shabby.

I didn't get to watch the Fulham game. Do you guys think this is a good description of how he played?

I only saw the TV broadcast so cannot comment on all of his work off the ball.

To be honest, I mainly noticed him on those occasions when he overran the ball in midfield and came close to being dispossessed in a dangerous position. He strikes me as more of a runner than a player, and he put in a decent shift. File under: David Platt.

I didn't get to watch the Fulham game. Do you guys think this is a good description of how he played?

I gave him a 6.5. He was pretty decent tbf overall and actually got involved in general play for once....it was clear he was given more defensive responsibility and he did well.

In possession he was his usual poor self though but i'm not going to moan when i see that he's not hiding and is actually trying.

Article says he "stole the show" and was MOTM, which is seriously pushing it.

But there's no doubt there were definite signs of improvement in product and application.

Just rang my dad like usual after a Spurs game, he told me this, one of his work mates sister works for pickfords removals, they have just had a job come in to pack up of all Paulinho's house next week,now he may be moving to another house, but may also be off and not coming back after the WC, we shall see

Back