• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Paulinho *OFFICIAL*

Paulinho now has 2 goals and 1 assist. Not bad for a midfielder ! Just imagine, Sandro took 80 matches and 3 years to score 2 goals ! Forget about Soldado and Eriksen, suddenly Paulinho looks like our best signing ! =D>

Soldado was the hero after the two first games, with Capoue being praised highly for a 30 minute cameo racking up more interceptions than five other teams put together, and Chadli creating second most chances in the PL behind Hazard in the first two-three games. A lot of positives with the buys so far.

Now Eriksen has stepped up to the plate and Lamela hasn't even started a game in the PL yet. Chiriches with a hattrick in his debut? ;)

Soldado was the hero after the two first games, with Capoue being praised highly for a 30 minute cameo racking up more interceptions than five other teams put together, and Chadli creating second most chances in the PL behind Hazard in the first two-three games. A lot of positives with the buys so far.

Now Eriksen has stepped up to the plate and Lamela hasn't even started a game in the PL yet. Chiriches with a hattrick in his debut? ;)

let´s not forget Townsend, he looks like a new 20m signing!!

If you want to be right about him being the unsung hero you really have to stop praising him, it's catching on!

Players who score goals regularly, and he seems like he will be one of them, are rarely unsung heroes btw ;)

Heh, always love a bit of linguistic pedantry :)

Forget about the pass; that swivelling backheel, on the run, was a class class finish. 9 out of 10 times, the forward would either have used his front foot to poke the ball towards the near post (which the keeper or defender would have blocked), or the ball would have run behind him and been mopped up by the right back.

I love how he fights to stay in front of the defender when he runs into the box - real determination there!
And then he tops it off with a sublime finish! Power and technique - brillantly done!

(also well played and a great ball in from Lamela)

“I’m delighted because we played so well and it was important to get the three points,” he said.
“It’s my first goal in the Premier League and I want to say thanks to everyone. I’m so happy.
“When I scored I went to the fans because our fans are the best.
“I feel very good, a little tired but very happy!”

Naw, we are the best aren't we. LOVE Pauly.

Futsal, a variation of the game that encourages use of ball skills and close control in a smaller space, is hugely popular in Brazil, where the midfielder played the game as a youngster.

The programme is run at Haringey Sixth Form Centre in Tottenham, giving 16-18 year olds the chance to play the sport while studying for BTEC qualifications.

It follows the same model as the Sports Industry Award-nominated Education and Football Development Centre programme, using the hook of the game to get young people who have dropped out of full-time education back into College.

Paulinho took part in some ball skill exercises and a Q&A with the group, many of whom originally hailed from Brazil.

The summer signing from Corinthians said: “It was important for me to see the group, who are at a very early stage of their career, and explain to them that they must make sacrifices to make something of their lives.

Tottenham Hotspur means so much to me having joined in the summer, and it is great to know that the Club runs projects like this.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/paulinho-goes-back-to-his-roots-230913/?

love you too

The club seems to be so ball-achingly well run these days that all new players coming in seem very impressed. Sounds like Spurs is about as professional an operation as it's possible to find anywhere. Certainly the training centre alone is evidence of that. Boy, we're going to miss Levy one day.

The club seems to be so ball-achingly well run these days that all new players coming in seem very impressed. Sounds like Spurs is about as professional an operation as it's possible to find anywhere. Certainly the training centre alone is evidence of that. Boy, we're going to miss Levy one day.

I don't think we can ever under estimate the massive job AVB has done in helping re-organize the club from top to bottom to run along lines he feels are true. These are the things no-one saw during his first few months but which needed to be done. For me, he is a legendary manager, as much for the structure he's created as anything else. And yes, we will miss DL for sure...

:lol:

We've seemingly signed a lot of players with great attitudes in recent years, Paulinho certainly fits that description.

As some of these true professionals and leaders keep settling into the club hopefully the overall mentality will continue to shift as well.

That finish was a truly excellent piece of skill, made all the harder as he was tussling with the defender. Helped by the pace of the delivery of the cross but as biased as I am that goal should be goal of the month!

Twitter / WhoScored: GRAPHIC: Premier League Team of the Week - Gameweek 5
BU1ca4ECcAAR-gq.png

whoscored had Christian Eriksen as our third worse outfield player against Norwich though,
a game most agreed he was out best player.

How is Marshall not in the team of the week? That was one of the best goal keeping performances i have seen in the prem since Joe Hart on the opening day a few seasons back.

That finish was a truly excellent piece of skill, made all the harder as he was tussling with the defender. Helped by the pace of the delivery of the cross but as biased as I am that goal should be goal of the month!

even better in slo-mo!
iKxCQf7xC3bG9.gif

wow that slo-mo shows just what a brilliant finish that was.....outstanding improvisation =D>

Is it wrong that I find that particular .gif as mesmerizing as some gifs that would have to be posted in the vice den part of this forum?

It's just beautiful. Poetry in motion.

Back