• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Which says a lot about Paulinho as a player as well. The guy is what? 26? And he is already willing to waste his career in freaking China. You won't see me complaining about it though, but it kind of makes you u derstand why he failed here.

or so desperate to escape spurs that he'll take anything

I guess if you are Brazilian Scolari is one of those coaches you want to play for

Got nothing against Paulinho but he really didn't seem up to playing in this league (or as Coys300 says maybe he just couldn't be bothered). My mates who support other clubs said they thought he looked a pretty good player which just goes to show how good MOTD can make players look when they do nothing but come up with the occasional goal.

Even in the games where he did score the majority of the time you couldn't tell he was playing till he scored.

Got nothing against Paulinho but he really didn't seem up to playing in this league (or as Coys300 says maybe he just couldn't be bothered). My mates who support other clubs said they thought he looked a pretty good player which just goes to show how good MOTD can make players look when they do nothing but come up with the occasional goal.

Even in the games where he did score the majority of the time you couldn't tell he was playing till he scored.

Bang on for me. Reminded a bit of Jermaine Jenas, there is a definitely a player in there who had the potential to get goals, but he just didnt seem to ever step up a gear to the next level

Bang on for me. Reminded a bit of Jermaine Jenas, there is a definitely a player in there who had the potential to get goals, but he just didnt seem to ever step up a gear to the next level

Now you come to mention it he was very similar to Jenas!

tbf, i thought he was going to really good at the beginning. The last gasp goal against Cardiff away and the following celebrations!! fantastic

iKxCQf7xC3bG9.gif

article-2426898-182C2B9300000578-970_634x390.jpg

Verts face still cracks me up ))))))))

I'll be gutted now if this doesn't go through. He's the one player at the club I really want to see the back of.

Before he joined us he looked ok for Brazil at the confederations cup.

It was only after a few games for us I started to question what he did, he's not a tackler, he doesnt drive at the opposition like YAYA he just ghosts around and popped up with a few goals.

I dont think he ever got over how physical the game is here, he might suit Spanish or Italian football better, really shocked he's off to China that can only be because of wages which again like others have said makes you question his attitude

Before he joined us he looked ok for Brazil at the confederations cup.

It was only after a few games for us I started to question what he did, he's not a tackler, he doesnt drive at the opposition like YAYA he just ghosts around and popped up with a few goals.

I dont think he ever got over how physical the game is here, he might suit Spanish or Italian football better, really shocked he's off to China that can only be because of wages which again like others have said makes you question his attitude
Has anyone heard anything beyond ESPN Brazil that he's actually going to China? Many seem to be talking as if it's actually happening....

I'll be gutted now if this doesn't go through. He's the one player at the club I really want to see the back of.
Really? He's probably 5th or 6th on the list for me... which is a sad indictment of the amount of players at the club that are... "surplus to requirement", to put it as politely as I can.

Really? He's probably 5th or 6th on the list for me... which is a sad indictment of the amount of players at the club that are... "surplus to requirement", to put it as politely as I can.
I guess everyone has their list in a different order ;)

Any player that shows commitment to the club I have time for and even if it doesn't really work out for them at Spurs, if they at least try they will gain some level of respect from me. I don't personally dislike any player at the club, and how could I? I've never met any of them, but Paulinho comes pretty close for the cowardly performances he turned in during the run up to the world cup . He wasn't exactly flying into tackles at any other time either but those few months before the WC he put in one cowardly display after another. Players who put themselves before Spurs are top of my list to get rid.

or so desperate to escape spurs that he'll take anything

I guess if you are Brazilian Scolari is one of those coaches you want to play for

Only been in the job for two weeks after replacing Fabio Cannavaro.

They've won the league 4 years in a row and are currently top at the halfway stage. Won the Asian CL two years ago.

Four other Brazilian players and a mostly Brazilian coaching staff. Add in obscene wages and what's not to like from Paulinho's POV?

I know what you mean, I think I could easily name at least eight who I'd actively like out and other than Kane and Lloris I can't think of any other players I'd be truly sorry to see go. But I do hope that we do things correctly and don't get rid of a ton of players just to sign loads more again. That didn't work well last time and would set us back to square one were it to happen again.

Back