• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4034551.stm

The Holland international said: "I know Frank and Martin Jol very well, and I really hope something will happen.

"Spurs are a big club, a sleeping giant, and I want to join them," van Bommel told the Daily Mirror.

Van Bommel knows Arnesen from the Dane's days at PSV and added: "I'm 27 now and the time is right for me to move.

"I've achieved everything in Holland and I feel I need a new challenge."

Do I need to do any more?

How do you know he's due to join us at the start?

He's just completed an international competition, likely he'd get an extra week off in my mind.

Stobart at least said this on twitter: (Initial question about Paulinho being allowed to stay for another game or two) - Spurs have still said no. Gets a 2/3 week holiday then due in London

Makes sense to me, he's just finished a fairly intensive international tournament and the season has been ongoing in Brazil hasn't it? He'll need a few weeks off and he might not need the first couple of weeks of physical work as he's already at full match fitness.

------------------------------

Superted: I can't remember any of those situations having the player in question alongside the chairman or a representative for his former club announcing that he's leaving and saying goodbye to the fans?

Edit: Those quotes are more similar to what Paulinho said earlier last week when he said he couldn't turn down Spurs.

I don't remember Paulinho having a guided tour of the stadium or dedicating one of his goals for Brazil to Spurs fans either.

All we have with the Paulinho situation is the clubs coming to agreement on a fee. If FC Barnet offered us 100 mill for Adebayor, we'd have an agreement as well. Doesn't mean he'll sign for them.

As I said, there is nothing to stop Chelsea, Man U, Real or whover ringing up Corinthians and Paulinho's agent and scuppering the deal.

I'm not saying he won't sign, I think he will, but I'm not certain of it. Stranger things have happened.

I don't remember Paulinho having a guided tour of the stadium or dedicating one of his goals for Brazil to Spurs fans either.

All we have with the Paulinho situation is the clubs coming to agreement on a fee. If FC Barnet offered us 100 mill for Adebayor, we'd have an agreement as well. Doesn't mean he'll sign for them.

As I said, there is nothing to stop Chelsea, Man U, Real or whover ringing up Corinthians and Paulinho's agent and scuppering the deal.

I'm not saying he won't sign, I think he will, but I'm not certain of it. Stranger things have happened.

And that's why this thread is still in the transfer rumour part of the forum I suppose.

I doubt the Ade to Barnet situation is comparable by the way. I'm almost certain we're a fairly long way towards agreeing terms with Paulinho and his agents.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2237943,00.html

"I met with Glenn Hoddle with my agent Willie McKay in Madrid three weeks ago and discussed a possible move to Tottenham.

"He is a nice man and I really admired him as a player.

"I like the way his teams play and I would be keen on a move to White Hart Lane.

"That is when I scored against England and nut-megged Sol Campebell I was thinking of Tottenham and I would like to dedicate those moments to Tottenham fans."

Once bitten, as they say ...

Where's 'Arry when you need him?

And that's why this thread is still in the transfer rumour part of the forum I suppose.

I doubt the Ade to Barnet situation is comparable by the way. I'm almost certain we're a fairly long way towards agreeing terms with Paulinho and his agents.

You would assume so, based upon the 'contractual requirements' part of the press conference.

That's all I'm saying. The door may be shut on this one, but there's still a slight draught coming through.

Last edited:
I'm sure we've all but had him sign on the dotted line. He has admitted that he's leaving Corinthians, Corinthians have wished him well and stated that we are the club, there's talk of contractual requirements...all 3 wouldn't have happened if the deal wasn't virtually done.

Paulinho would look silly saying goodbye if there was a risk that he wouldn't agree to our terms. Plus, he would have weakened his bargaining power with us so would have to accept lower wages if he was to join.

Do people really think this is not going to happen? The fee has been agreed and the Corinthians board have said he is on his way to Tottenham.

To many paranoid people on here.

Do people really think this is not going to happen? The fee has been agreed and the Corinthians board have said he is on his way to Tottenham.

To many paranoid people on here.

Essentially what we have is a verbal agreement based on the terms on offer.

Corinthians have also confirmed the transfer on their official site.

Spurs OS will announce it when he's signed the agreement, whether thats pending or after the medical has been completed.

It's not rocket science.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I know a guy that does logistics for one of the large clothes manufacturing plants down in Guangzhou in China. Apparently they just sent off a couple of Spurs shirt with 'Paulinho 8' on the back to Brazil.

Apparently UA wants to "leak" a part of the shirt as a part of the Paulinho announcement as part of the PR campaign, and the holdup is about getting those shirts to Brazil and do the photo shoot as Paulinho will have part of his holiday there before flying over to London to get settled and join up with the squad

All of the above is obviously flimflam if that wasn't clear enough

Don't shoot the messenger, but I know a guy that does logistics for one of the large clothes manufacturing plants down in Guangzhou in China. Apparently they just sent off a couple of Spurs shirt with 'Paulinho 8' on the back to Brazil.

Apparently UA wants to "leak" a part of the shirt as a part of the Paulinho announcement as part of the PR campaign, and the holdup is about getting those shirts to Brazil and do the photo shoot as Paulinho will have part of his holiday there before flying over to London to get settled and join up with the squad

All of the above is obviously flimflam if that wasn't clear enough

Perilously close to ITK I'd say ;)

I know it's flimflam.

Sandro: "Welcome to Tottenham, Paulinho! I'm very happy. I'm here to help him. I'll try to do the same thing Gomes did when I arrived here. If Paulinho needs any help, I'm here to help him. He's going to help Tottenham and his arrival would make us even more stronger."

the center of Brazil's WC starting XI potentially both Spurs players - which im sure is/was an added incentive for Paulhino to sign for us - strike up a formidable partnership with Sandro over the coming season and it would benefit his chances at cementing his place in the team

Or he could risk losing his spot in the national team as brazilians and especially their managers doesn't watch many english teams outside of Champions League.
Talk about Sandro with a brazilian football supporter and he think there's 4-5 others before him in the queue and that they'd rather play David Luiz out of position.

Back