• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Or he could risk losing his spot in the national team as brazilians and especially their managers doesn't watch many english teams outside of Champions League.
Talk about Sandro with a brazilian football supporter and he think there's 4-5 others before him in the queue and that they'd rather play David Luiz out of position.

Don't believe this. There is no way Scolari doesn't keep an eye on the EPL ....especially going into a World Cup year ...there are probably 50-70 players in the EPL with a chance of playing in the competition. Scolari and his team will be 'scouting' a wide range of EPL games all season.

If you walk about scouting of opponents, national team managers tend to watch every game of the teams they are going to face, seldom will they watch club football for individual oppositional players.
They'll stay generally updated, but there's only so much football they can watch and their priority is likely to be Champions League football where most of their own players are involved and where there's "international quality" football.
If anything they'll watch spanish club football, not Premier League games. Seems unbelievable to us, but there's actually a chance that Sandro won't even be in the World Cup squad if he has a good season.
Let's hope Paulinho joining will force the manager to keep a track of them.

If we have a good season then we will have won a trophy or finished top 4 or both and if that happens Sandro will be a big reason for that. I expect him to be in the team of the season if he's fully fit for the whole season, he was an absolute beast for us and I think top 4 would have been had but for his injury.

Argentina legend Riquelme: "Paulinho is like a black Lampard, but he also scores a lot of goals with his head. After the Libertadores game vs Corinthians, I came to Paulinho & told him you're a phenomenon, & asked him for his shirt."

Paulinho: "I had received offers from Russia, but I believe football is more important than money, so I didn't hesitate choosing Tottenham. Sandro is a great player who has been at Tottenham for some time now. I hope we can make an impressive duo as I did with Ralf."

So....is this Fernando Morientes all over again? There should be an article saying "DEAL AGREED" and "[...]subject to a medical." by now..Jesus :D

I think it's weird that Corinthians confirm it on their official website, while Spurs don't even care about having a "DEAL AGREED" on the official website.

Last edited:
So....is this Fernando Morientes all over again? There should be an article saying "DEAL AGREED" and "[...]subject to a medical." by now..Jesus :D

I think it's weird that Corinthians confirm it on their official website, while Spurs don't even care about having a "DEAL AGREED" on the official website.

Surely the hold up is due to an Halilovic/Jedvaj/Soldado/Villa mega announcement?

Argentina legend Riquelme: "Paulinho is like a black Lampard, but he also scores a lot of goals with his head. After the Libertadores game vs Corinthians, I came to Paulinho & told him you're a phenomenon, & asked him for his shirt."

Paulinho: "I had received offers from Russia, but I believe football is more important than money, so I didn't hesitate choosing Tottenham. Sandro is a great player who has been at Tottenham for some time now. I hope we can make an impressive duo as I did with Ralf."
But he's not even black
:lol:

Our partnership with Real means after the medical we have to run it past them first to see if they want first dibs.

I'm just surprised that Zidane hasn't talked about how good Paulinho is and how we will serve as a good place for him to gain experience before his move to Real Madrid in 2015.

I'm assuming it's just a case of Spurs choosing not to announce until after the medical...? It's on the Corinthians site and there are quotes from Sandro and Paulinho himself confirming it. Or is there some other hold up I'm not aware of (work permit?)

I'm assuming it's just a case of Spurs choosing not to announce until after the medical...? It's on the Corinthians site and there are quotes from Sandro and Paulinho himself confirming it. Or is there some other hold up I'm not aware of (work permit?)

Levy is in Madrid kicking Perez toadlike ass....\o/

I'm just surprised that Zidane hasn't talked about how good Paulinho is and how we will serve as a good place for him to gain experience before his move to Real Madrid in 2015.

He's too busy rubbing one out over Bale's Esquire photos. Maybe next week....

I respect the fact that we won't put it on the OS until it is signed, sealed, medical-ed, suitably shirted and delivered.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8803048/Transfer-news-Tottenham-s-Sandro-ready-to-welcome-Paulinho-to-White-Hart-Lane

Transfer news: Tottenham's Sandro ready to welcome Paulinho to White Hart Lane

By Paulo Freitas. Last Updated: July 2, 2013 11:52pm

Tottenham midfielder Sandro believes the arrival of compatriot Paulinho at White Hart Lane will help them challenge for UEFA Champions League football.

Brazil international Paulinho is expected to complete a £17million move in the coming days after confirming that north London was his next destination.

The 24-year-old, who helped the 2014 World Cup hosts secure Confederations Cup glory, is set to line up alongside Sandro in Andre Villas-Boas' midfield next season.

Having narrowly missed out on a top-four finish last season, Spurs will hope to challenge Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United once again.

Sandro told Globo Esporte: "I think he has what it takes to do well here.

"This is a club with a great structure. It has been fighting for the top positions in the last few years and playing in European competitions.

"Paulinho will certainly help us become even stronger."

And the former Internacional man, who missed the second half of last term with a serious knee injury, has vowed to help his fellow countryman settle in England.

He added: "I can only say 'welcome to Tottenham, Paulinho'.

"I am very happy, I will try to do the same thing Gomes did when I arrived. He was very important when I came and helped me adapt.

"If Paulinho needs me, I will help. I welcome him."

=D>

i had a feeling that paulinho was simialr to frank. tactically it made sense

and it actually proves more what i was saying about how avb is going to set up

Back