• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Rumour has it Paulinho's medical was due to take place on Monday but he wasn't aloud to board the plane to London with Xavi & Iniesta still in his pocket.

While we all agree a striker is a huge priority, I don't think people should underestimate the value of this signing.

While I'm not saying I'm an expert on the guy, he's young, key part of a good Brazilian team who is keeping some fairly decent players on the bench.
We should also realize while Sandro/Dembele was extremely effective last season, once one of them was injured we looked a lot less effective, so this guy allows us more cover and more flexibility, he also brings a few goals with his head (addresses two big issues for us, very few people on team score goals with their head, and very few of our players attack the box)

5-6 years ago, people would have laughed at Spurs fans for even saying we would sign a guy like this, now, we are "meh, decent player but not a priority"?

Lloris signing should have shown people, if you have a chance to sign a good young player, even if you have the position covered, go ahead.

Lloris signing should have shown people, if you have a chance to sign a good young player, even if you have the position covered, go ahead.

Exactly.

If anyone has a problem with the Paulinho signing because we need to sign by priorities then they need a brain transplant, opportunities to sign players of this quality don't come very often, especialy when you're not in the CL but most importantly of all we've needed a midfielder of high quality since Modric left and we've now found him.

By sounds of what Edu said in the link below about his mentality he reminds me of Dave Mackay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23195610

Last edited:
Spurs are clearly missing out on a fabulous marketing opp. for their official site.

There should be a live cam view of a chimney - with a sponsor logo prominently plastered onto it - at WHL. When a new signing is about to be announced, white smoke can be emitted from the chimney.

Great way to prolong and promote our signings and play up another religious link. Parading him down High Rd. led by a fife and drum band with one of them baton flingers, past a chorus of veiled ululating women, would make us virtually ecumenical.

Last edited:
The deal may be all done but there aint gonna be a picture of him holding up a shirt because we have to wait until Monday for the new shirt 8-[

While we all agree a striker is a huge priority, I don't think people should underestimate the value of this signing.

While I'm not saying I'm an expert on the guy, he's young, key part of a good Brazilian team who is keeping some fairly decent players on the bench.
We should also realize while Sandro/Dembele was extremely effective last season, once one of them was injured we looked a lot less effective, so this guy allows us more cover and more flexibility, he also brings a few goals with his head (addresses two big issues for us, very few people on team score goals with their head, and very few of our players attack the box)

5-6 years ago, people would have laughed at Spurs fans for even saying we would sign a guy like this, now, we are "meh, decent player but not a priority"?

I agree but ONLY if you have the money and the time to go ahead to purchase the priorities. I dont know how it works at Spurs but I imagine Levy is the only one who can authorise and ourchas eplayers which means he has to be involved in ALL negotiations. No doubt being involved in one signing means it may have an impact on signing the priorities. Then again all deals will be running concurrently and all at different stages etc which means that, like you say, we can go for those players

Back