• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Patrick Roberts the new Bale?

I like this guy, and I've watched him play for the England U17s, U18s and U19s. He's got excellent close control, a low centre of gravity (expected in such a physically slight lad), and a lightning fast turn of pace, although I don't think he's particularly good in an extended sprint: and, admittedly, and he does have several glaring weaknesses (bit selfish, lack of physicality, takes on opponents when passing around them would probably be the better option). Still, I think he could fill a hole in our youth production line (I don't think we have many dedicated RWs coming through: Azzaoui is the only similar player I can think of, and I'm pretty sure he plays on the left), and I'm sure he'll do really well at the senior level if he focuses on improving like, for example, Bale did. All his faults can be coached out of him or will resolve themselves given time, and if we can get him for the same price we paid for Bale (7-odd million), I'd say it's a gamble well worth making. Don't think it will happen, though.

ha ha dont label me ITK.. I do get to hear stuff at times but I also hear/get told lots that also dont work out or probably not even true (agents like to blag and players repeat stuff to one another like any mates do). So yes I have heard stuff before it hits the papers or forums but would be guessing to try and pick the accurate stuff out.. Again I have to be careful what I say about Spurs stuff but for example I knew George Thorne was signing for Derby as I was with one of his mates working at his house when he had him on speaker phone talking to George when doing the medical roughly two weeks before announced.

Patrick Roberts - As said we are in heavily but behind City and United. My take on it is that he waiting to see what they offer and PSG in the mix so pretty much as reported elsewhere other than havent seen the United stuff..

Last edited:
I don't know why the title says "The New Bale" he looks more like a new Messi with that dribbling ability.

He's 18 and the chance to train with some of their top players will be good for him, but ultimately I think he will need to get some regular game time in the next two years. I'd imagine him going out on loan in the next couple of years.

And he now has the "£11m after 22 apps" tag, so unless he starts like Ronaldo the press and many fans will write him off.

i would have gladly got rid of Townsend and then signed this lad. Yes he needs time, but he looks to have a natural talent that you cannot ignore

I bet we do hear a fair bit about him.. Very down to earth kid with a good family and lots of talent.

Fulham boss Kit Symons has confirmed young midfielder Patrick Roberts is in serious talks with Emirates Marketing Project over a move to the Etihad Stadium

Serious talks eh, something along the lines of, we need English players and here is £100k a week

Thanks where is the pen ??

Back