• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Patrick Roberts the new Bale?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Did anyone watch the F.A. youth cup and also the under 17's the other night?

This guy looks to have so much potential and when you can control the ball at that speed you have a gem on your hand. Everyone knows playing against pace is so difficult, and I believe the modern Tottenham way is with pace. We certainly look better when we have pace in our team.

So does anyone think we should go for him, a lot of clubs are aware of him a bit like Bale when he was at Southampton. Not sure what his fee would be but for a young player a high fee is not always a bad thing. Sometimes signing a player without much first team football is not always a risk if they show as much talent as this guy has.

Phil Jones is the last one I can think of who was signed without playing for his parent club, was a bold move by man u. I think we should sign Roberts and loan him back for a season, the kid has so much talent. When I think how much we spent last summer I would rather we went for younger players with potential but not massive fees like with Lamela. Eriksen was probably my ideal transfer for his age,experience and fee.

Roberts would be slightly more of a gamble but we showed with Bale it can come off beautifully sometimes and I think it would with this lad.

His goal was outstanding, never watched the game though so I'm not too sure how he was throughout the game.

Could be a good time to go for him and possibly other young Fulham players with them getting relegated. Could perhaps also work in some loan deals with one of our youngsters that could help them in their promotion chase next season.

Would probably be expensive, we'll have a new manager coming in that will probably want to make signings for the first team so resources will be limited. We seemed to have funds for Halilovic though, so if the club rates him highly enough I think we could afford a proper bid.

this shows a bit more of what he's about. Looks good I suppose but theres always a kid that looks head and shoulders above the rest but amount to nothing when they become more senior, so won't get too excited for now!

[video=youtube;Pr6ICJ6p2OQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6ICJ6p2OQ[/video]

Just going on that video, you have to say that his close control is outstanding. Don't see a lot of senior pros who dribble at that speed with control that close. Obviously, don't know anything about him, but he looks impressive in that video.

Just going on that video, you have to say that his close control is outstanding. Don't see a lot of senior pros who dribble at that speed with control that close. Obviously, don't know anything about him, but he looks impressive in that video.
Agreed. Two great feet and lovely balance. I think the three 'tap ins' against Spurs also showed good awareness and desire. I can't see Fulham parting with many (if any) of their talented crop of youngsters however. I think they'll need to be promoting them up to the first team as they look to shed some of the high earners and regroup.

Very very nice footwork. I'd think he'd be best served by staying at Fulham for the next 2 years and play a part trying to win them promotion. If he's still in the Championship then then he'd be better off moving, but I think right now he's probably better off getting regular football.

Very very nice footwork. I'd think he'd be best served by staying at Fulham for the next 2 years and play a part trying to win them promotion. If he's still in the Championship then then he'd be better off moving, but I think right now he's probably better off getting regular football.

Though your right I do not really care about him but care about Tottenham, maybe a buy and loan back then a guarantee of a prem loan the following season, then into our first team. Might be a hard sell to the lad that.

Or we could sell Paulinho, siggy and lennon and tell Roberts he would be our right winger next season and lamela would be our number 10. Maybe tell him the right wing position is between him and townsend and with europa league matches he would get game time. He excites me as a player, I can see him turning into the new bale.

Lol, I'm talking like I'm the lad's career advisor. If we did get him, I'd worry it would stifle his development.

He looked good last night against Portugal in the semi final. We won 2-0

Final is Wednesday night on Eurosport at 17:45 vs Holland.

Yes you read that right, England have made a fookin final!!

Though your right I do not really care about him but care about Tottenham, maybe a buy and loan back then a guarantee of a prem loan the following season, then into our first team. Might be a hard sell to the lad that.

Or we could sell Paulinho, siggy and lennon and tell Roberts he would be our right winger next season and lamela would be our number 10. Maybe tell him the right wing position is between him and townsend and with europa league matches he would get game time. He excites me as a player, I can see him turning into the new bale.

Perhaps just telling him he is joining the mighty Yids would suffice, I cannot believe anyone would turn that down, unless already offered a place at Utd or Arsenal.

He reminds me of that other kid who just joined Barcelona for 10m Alen Halilovic. We got played by his parents IMO.

[video=youtube_share;E39MjZD41K4]http://youtu.be/E39MjZD41K4[/video]

he might get a few games next year in the Championship under Magath.

I hope Magath plays a youthful side for Fulham, likes of Woodrow, David, Dembele, Roberts. Then a bit of experience in the likes of Hangelaand, Parker, Duff etc.

he might get a few games next year in the Championship under Magath.

I hope Magath plays a youthful side for Fulham, likes of Woodrow, David, Dembele, Roberts. Then a bit of experience in the likes of Hangelaand, Parker, Duff etc.

Duff has left Fulham.

Back