• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Passing across the back/to the keeper

Benny is a good player but since his return from injury he reminds me too much now of the Benny of a few season ago. He didn;t sseem 100% focused in that game.
He needs to up his game to pre-injury levels when he was playing fantastic or he should be dropped.

Were you expecting tears?

He knew he made a silly challenge and that it was a blatant penalty, why moan about it? It's just one of those things, it shouldn't even have got to that stage anyway, if Defoe wasn't so terrible we probably would have got a point in the end.

this.

what remorse etc. its a contact sport, not a soap opera.

Benny is a good player but since his return from injury he reminds me too much now of the Benny of a few season ago. He didn;t sseem 100% focused in that game.
He needs to up his game to pre-injury levels when he was playing fantastic or he should be dropped.

i think that rogers outfoxed avb on this one. he's seen us do the pass back thousands of times, and he knows in suarez and sturridge he has the fastest forwards in the premiership.

Were you expecting tears?

He knew he made a silly challenge and that it was a blatant penalty, why moan about it? It's just one of those things, it shouldn't even have got to that stage anyway, if Defoe wasn't so terrible we probably would have got a point in the end.

With Suarez's reputation I'd expect a reaction of shock and screaming at the player to get up whilst making diving motions at the ref.

May not have been enough to change the ref's mind but was worth a shout.

More of a dive for me. Two distinct movements. You can clearly see where he throws his legs up.

8544763167_d44449c487_o.gif

no idea why he hasnt headed it out for a corner.

but it shouldnt even have come to that.

More of a dive for me. Two distinct movements. You can clearly see where he throws his legs up.

8544763167_d44449c487_o.gif

For me, Benny should pull right out and allow the covering defender to put the challenge in (Dawson)...he's handing Suarez the opportunity to brush against him and fall, which we can see is what happened, and thus win his team a pen. Of course Benny should've been more in tune in the first place and not been caught out like that, regardless of the absurdity of Defoe's touch.

I hate it when defenders put there hands up too. Carvalho did it all the time, that ****.

For me, Benny should pull right out and allow the covering defender to put the challenge in (Dawson)...he's handing Suarez the opportunity to brush against him and fall, which we can see is what happened, and thus win his team a pen. Of course Benny should've been more in tune in the first place and not been caught out like that, regardless of the absurdity of Defoe's touch.

Yes, Benny should be way more careful, and yes, Dawson was coming in to challenge so Suarez still had to control the ball, beat Dawson, beat Lloris... but BAE just scythes him down pointlessly.

Yesterday on the radio someone* said you must never double-up on mistakes, and that they kept repeating that mantra in training. Meaning that if you make one mistake, just see the play out and don't make a rash mistake trying to sort things out.

This is what Walker does every time - if he makes a mistake he then charges in to try and atone, and kills someone.

And that is what Benny did yesterday - Defoe's mistake was bad enough, the last thing we needed was some Kung Fu on Suarez.

*It was a rugby player but the point stands

Mulletperm, I too dislike the pass back to the keeper. The choices are either for a defender to try a 40 yard pass, or the keeper to try an 80 yard pass.

Back in the day, you could play it back to the keeper, he would pick it up, bounce it, kill time, the whole team resets and he hoofs it at the big lad up front.

Nowadays the keeper just smashes it back upfield - it would be WAY more useful if the defender played a pass into a channel, WAY more chance of hitting one of our men.

I too saw Walker refusing to pass to Parker when he was free - I believe it was because Parker would almost definitely have played it straight back to him, the one-man-wall-pass.

First time I've seen that.
Dive all day long.

Even the match commentators felt there was only a minimal contact but Suarez made the most of the tackle to get the penalty. But you have to blame the stupidity of BAE for conceding the goal. Why do you need to go into tackle like that when Suarez has always dived to get the freekicks and penalties ? I think Dawson could have covered Suarez from having a free shot at the goal.

Because he's not very good

I have never been impressed with BAE's way of defending until now. He takes too much risk in defence and resort to too much showboating to become a reliable defender. I will always prefer a simple and effective safety-first defending. I think BAE is more suited to help our attacks than defence.

I have never been impressed with BAE's way of defending until now. He takes too much risk in defence and resort to too much showboating to become a reliable defender. I will always prefer a simple and effective safety-first defending. I think BAE is more suited to help our attacks than defence.

Agreed - let's hope Levy would be willing to open the purse next summer and lure in a top class replacement - i.e. Baines, Pereira, Coentrao (this one is highly unlikely granted)

I'm sure Reading or QPR would offer 4-5m for him in return

I'm struggling to see what Baines would add to our team.

He's good alongside Pienaar (who was terrible at Spurs), he is a good set piece taker, but so is Bale, I imagine he MAY if he is lucky get penalty duty, his defensive ability are hardly the best, he is weak and has a brick hair cut. But hey, he's doing alright at Everton, lets get him in for £10m+

Periera now too? :lol: I'd be more willing to sign him than Baines though, at least he has previous with AVB so he will know all about it. No idea who we could get at left back, Ashley Coles and form Patrice Evras dont just fall out of the sky.

What? Baines is the best left back in the league. Solid defensively, strong in the air, comfortable on the ball, good passer, good crosser... why wouldn't you want him?

Back