• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
Fans who never go to any of the games, including many who have only been once or twice in their lives. The Football Manager playing generation.

Well i hardly miss a game home or away and i would pick Sandro ahead of Parker everytime and so would most of the fans i sit with.

May as well put it here, Sandro was the fudging man yesterday. Good to see him back doing what we know he can do. Great game from him, will need a similar performance at the Reebok.

?

Just because Sandro has the legs of a human and not a Shetland Pony, it doesn't mean he's running any slower. Sandro also has the advantage of better positioning so he doesn't need to run as much.

Useful workrate they're on a par. Running around all over the place, chest thumping and covering their shorts in mud? OK, Sandro loses that one.

Parker reads the game better, also you call it covering shorts in mud, I call it workrate. Distance covered I'd give that one to Parker too (I'm sure someone could get some stats on that)

I'm not sure Parker reads the game better but it's likely he covers more distance. Sandro seems to sit a bit more, guard his zone and pounce when there's a threat, whereas Parker goes off bombing out of his zone to try and win the ball. Considering their midfield partner is Modric I'd rather have the player that holds the shape better, this is why Hudd did well alongside Modric despite defending and mobility hardly being amongst his biggest strengths.

comparing them like for like is pointless - each player has his strengths and Harry will have them playing to them each game. Parker runs about a lot closing down opposition because that's his game - Sandro will sit and guard the center of the pitch because that is his game etc etc

Great to see Sandro play really well for us again, because frankly, he's not been that good this season when he's been given his chance. But we know what he's capable of, and yesterday he showed it.

For me, instead of trying to compare the two and decide whos better, I'm thrilled that we have two such good players like Parker and Sandro in the same position. They are both excellent players, different in style, but with great quality. Obviously Sandro is the more exciting one, because he is young and will hopefully improve further - possibly learning from the experienced Parker in the process.

Great to see Sandro play really well for us again, because frankly, he's not been that good this season when he's been given his chance. But we know what he's capable of, and yesterday he showed it.

For me, instead of trying to compare the two and decide whos better, I'm thrilled that we have two such good players like Parker and Sandro in the same position. They are both excellent players, different in style, but with great quality. Obviously Sandro is the more exciting one, because he is young and will hopefully improve further - possibly learning from the experienced Parker in the process.

how many games has he played where he is clearly the only / or primary DM?

Last edited:
Sandro is immense. For me, Parker is way more consistent and is much better at reading the danger, Sandro is a little more hung ho but is tackling is unreal at times. Sandro has the potential to be way better, him at his best now is better than parker. But Parkers consistency is more important I feel. amazing to have both to be honest

Sandro. It's a no brainer. There's no area of the game in which Parker is superior to Sandro aside from the attribute of being a triffic lad. Even in terms of positioning and awareness, which you'd expect a more experienced player like Parker to win, Sandro is much better.

Workrate.

I disagree, I think the only things Parker has over Sandro is consistency and discipline, otherwise they are evens or Sandro wins for me

I disagree, I think the only things Parker has over Sandro is consistency and discipline, otherwise they are evens or Sandro wins for me

Ok, lets try and put this one to rest.

Any statto's out that that can show tackles made in a game(successfull tackles too), distances covered etc between Sandro and Parker ?

I think either player gives it all they can, I cant fault either for work rate. It might be that Parker has more stamina, and therefore covers more ground (or vice versa) - but thats nothing to do with workrate rather physical limits.

Number of tackles etc is not a stat to see in isolation, different opposition, systems, home/away... so many things to effect that.

I think Parker is much more capable of playing at a higher level game after game than Sandro. I think Parker is much better at playing a restrained, disciplined way as well.

Sandros performances veer from the sublime to the ridiculous, and he does have a tendancy for a 'rush of blood to the head'.

Neither can be proven, it is of course subjective...

I think either player gives it all they can, I cant fault either for work rate. It might be that Parker has more stamina, and therefore covers more ground (or vice versa) - but thats nothing to do with workrate rather physical limits.

Number of tackles etc is not a stat to see in isolation, different opposition, systems, home/away... so many things to effect that.

I think Parker is much more capable of playing at a higher level game after game than Sandro. I think Parker is much better at playing a restrained, disciplined way as well.

Sandros performances veer from the sublime to the ridiculous, and he does have a tendancy for a 'rush of blood to the head'.

I would agree with this assessment, however i would put it down to experience. Which is partly why i think they should be rotated when they are fit, Sandro is going to get better, the same cannot be said of Parker.

I'm not sure Parker reads the game better but it's likely he covers more distance. Sandro seems to sit a bit more, guard his zone and pounce when there's a threat, whereas Parker goes off bombing out of his zone to try and win the ball. Considering their midfield partner is Modric I'd rather have the player that holds the shape better, this is why Hudd did well alongside Modric despite defending and mobility hardly being amongst his biggest strengths.

Exactly this, Modric Roams, Parker roams the midfield loses it shape. I'd rather have the more creative player roaming.

Parker when he came was far more dynamic and attacking. Sherwood has changed him into a more talented version of Sherwood himself. What Parker will never have though is the power, strength and capacity to dominate an entire CM like Sandro did yesterday and like Huddlestone has done before. Sandro and Huddlestone is the CM of our future, much as Caulker and Kaboul will be our central defence.

I agree with most of that, but I'm sure we can both agree that were lucky to have them both.

you see if sandro is sandro is ill disciplined i think its cause he is playing along side another DM or another player that can substitue for DM...and he breaks forward at the right times IMO

however when he is the focal point of the defensive end of the midfield...i think he's very disciplined.

but i could be wrong cause i've always liked him, maybe thats blinding me abit

I often felt the same Affy, but realised at one point I was just making excuses for him.

I do think when he plays a disciplined game he is very good, and I agree he often times his forays forward exceptionally well -- but I do feel he is inclined to getting caught up in the moment and going off full steam for a while without thinking.

No, affy is right. This apparent positional indiscipline has only come about from when Harry has been playing Parker, Sandro and Modric together. It's clear that the way Harry's lined them up is with Parker sitting and Sandro and Modric ahead of him with license to get forward. When it's just Sandro and Modric like we saw yesterday and the last 10 or so games last season he is very disciplined, holds his position and hunts anyone down that dares to enter his zone.

Back