• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
Workrate.

?

Just because Sandro has the legs of a human and not a Shetland Pony, it doesn't mean he's running any slower. Sandro also has the advantage of better positioning so he doesn't need to run as much.

Useful workrate they're on a par. Running around all over the place, chest thumping and covering their shorts in mud? OK, Sandro loses that one.

?

Just because Sandro has the legs of a human and not a Shetland Pony, it doesn't mean he's running any slower. Sandro also has the advantage of better positioning so he doesn't need to run as much.
Useful workrate they're on a par. Running around all over the place, chest thumping and covering their shorts in mud? OK, Sandro loses that one.

Parker's positioning is way ahead of that of Sandro's. Sandro's tackling is better than Parker, but half the reason Sandro makes these great visual tackles is the same reason why Sol Campbell used to as well. Because they are alongside their man rather than facing him off. And why is that? Because they aren't positioned correctly in the first place.

But then I have been waiting for this. I knew the first bad game Parker had or the first really good game Sandro had that all of a sudden Sandro has to start. He is the internet fans darling boy, where Parker is Harry's choice. And no choice of Harry's will ever be good enough for forum fans.....

some people just like to have another dig at sandro. and again with being condescending is second nature when they feel THEIR favourite is criticised even if he isnt

yet somehow all this stuff will escape people's minds when they feel like pointing fingers and sticks at people for hating on their favourite players

hypocrites are among us (including moi tbh)

But then I have been waiting for this. I knew the first bad game Parker had or the first really good game Sandro had that all of a sudden Sandro has to start. He is the internet fans darling boy, where Parker is Harry's choice. And no choice of Harry's will ever be good enough for forum fans.....

Has absolutely nothing to do with that, as far as I can see.

Sandro is highly regarded for doing things like dominating Milan's midfield in huge Champions League games, not because people want to use him to have a pop at one of Redknapp's favourites.

Just because people don't agree with your opinion on a player, doesn't mean there is some sinister Machiavellian conspiracy behind it.

Sandro is highly regarded for doing things like dominating Milan's midfield in huge Champions League games, not because people want to use him to have a pop at one of Redknapp's favourites.

Just because people don't agree with your opinion on a player, doesn't mean there is some sinister Machiavellian conspiracy behind it.

Then why is it that most Sandro fans belittle Parker's contribution and those same fans tend to be Harry's most vocal detractors? :-k

Sandro is a very good player, and as I have stated countless times before he should be our first choice defensive midfielder next season, and possibly for the rest of this season. But the revisionist nonsense that Parker is nowhere near as good as Sandro, or that Sandro does everything better than Parker, or that Sandro should have been our first choice all season is utter nonsense.

Parker has done a magnificent job for us this year and is comfortably our player of the year. And yet people just want to dismiss his performances or make out that Sandro is miles better than him? What a fudging joke.

Then why is it that most Sandro fans belittle Parker's contribution and those same fans tend to be Harry's most vocal detractors? :-k

You're just being selective to suit your own agenda. Every poll I've seen (including this one) suggests that a huge majority rate Sandro above Parker. For it to be that large a percentage, it would include have to include fans that have all sorts of different views on Redknapp.

As for player of the year, I'd agree with you on the basis of the first half of the season - he'd walk it - but Parker's form in the second half of the season has been average. Maybe he'd still get it, as there are few outstanding candidates. It could just as easily go to Bale, whose form has similarly been patchy but has still hit some big highs.

now shifting the goal posts a little bit more. just waiting for it to be shifted juuuuuust a little bit more......

cant remember who but someone called me coward for saying something they considered 'negative' about parker despite the fact that i acknowledge what i consider his good qualities, something about not having the nerve to say what i really think?. can't remember who but wouldnt it be a hoot if they said sandro isnt good at some things but is still a good player / contributor o the squad?

wondering what the difference is. maybe its an age or race thing? Nah seriiously doubt it but you do have to wonder why one man doing something is wrong and another man doing the exact saame thing is considered right....i dont know, funny old world we live in

Rather than coming out with pointless posts like this attacking mine, have you actually bothered to read the thread and seen some of the brick in it? My comments were not directed at you. I thought we had agreed to stay out of each others way? But a new day and here you are stalking me and doing your best to provoke me. What a shock.

Except the last poll on here doing this where Parker or Sandro was the option and Parker won it it comfortably. Now all of a sudden one great game against an awful team that didn't put any pressure on us in midfield and Sandro is vastly superior to Parker.

Using the Milan game as an example, one game? Really? Especially a game where the whole team defended deep?

For the record I think Sandro is a fantastic talent. He lacks a little discipline and is sometimes a bit TOO adventurous for a defensive midfielder but he has superior technical ability over Parker, as well as being better in the air. In terms of the mental side of the game, Sandro is behind Parker. Parker is also better at supporting our players when we are in possession, as well as better at covering our players without possession.

Rather than coming out with pointless posts like this attacking mine, have you actually bothered to read the thread and seen some of the brick in it? My comments were not directed at you. I thought we had agreed to stay out of each others way? But a new day and here you are stalking me and doing your best to provoke me. What a shock.

i actually deleted that last post because you are right,i was stalking you trying to provoke you. i apologise for that in a 'trying to be civil' sense. there was no need for it and it was uncalled for

but i wont lie to you, the way you came at me in the parker thread rang soooo true of the way i remember you in the past, and to see you do the exact same thing here. its actually annoying. VERY.

and when did i say i was going to stay out of your way? i've totally forgotten that..would have been nice if you thought about that before calling me a coward (of speaking my mind on an internet forum which is odd)..., a stupid guy with no common sense, and other things...in that thread.

trust me, after that.......i would stalk. why the hell wouldnt i?

Do you think the results would be reversed if I'd made this poll on Saturday?

I think it would have been a lot closer. Parker has never been a popular figure among the online fans though so the poll doesn't shock me. He doesn't fit what many of those wants to see. He is too old for a start, not glamourous enough.

I think it would have been a lot closer. Parker has never been a popular figure among the online fans though so the poll doesn't shock me. He doesn't fit what many of those wants to see. He is too old for a start, not glamourous enough.

Could you clarify what "online fans" means? Last I checked, we're all, yourself included, online fans.

The timing of this poll hugely favours Sandro.
This should have been done at the end of the season,not 5 minutes after Sandro delivered a MoM performance in the first half.

Fans who never go to any of the games, including many who have only been once or twice in their lives. The Football Manager playing generation.

Ah, that old trick.

Just because people disagree with you, doesn't mean that their judgement is impaired by a lack on knowledge, experience, reasoned thought process or anything else for that matter. They simply don't agree with you.

If you have some backing to your arguments, please use them. Hopefully other people will do the same and we can have a discussion rather than a slanging match.

wish nigerian or at least african supporters stuck in the country for political or financial reasons knew this (same goes for anyone that doesnt live here and csant go to games. or even thhose that do live here and cant go to games), being considered as less than the english fans because they dont go to games. guess their opinions dont matter much

shame.

anyway, onwards and upwards.

Back