• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
This poll is so stupid.
Straight after a great game from Sandro; The results are blatantly going to be biased.

Why not have it after Sandro's majestic performance at Emirates.

Exactly. It's just a stick to beat Parker with. Rather than celebrating the fact we have two excellent defensive central midfielders, we have to try and belittle one in a direct way. Apparently we aren't allowed to like both.

As for Sandro's performance today, was superb. But it did tail off a bit when Blackburn changed their formation 25 minutes into the game and Sandro had less space to operate in. But defensively, Sandro was simply faultless today and deserves to start the next game in front of Parker if Parker is fit. Don't change a winning team.....

Sandro offers far more against lower teams, as he has some offensive play. Against the top teams i would still use Parker because he's an out and out dm, far more experienced and far less likely to make mistakes.

I have high hopes for Sandro, some of you say he runs hot or cold, but honestly name me one member of any squad that doesn't?

Bale has some amazing performances, and then he has performances like today, it happens.

Ridiculous poll results. Of course he made forward runs against the a team that produced the arguably worst performance of any Premier League team so far this year. In other games his forward runs have cost us badly.

We've covered this once or twice this season. Parker is better, Sandro has the potential to be far better. I agree with MK though, Sandro is the man in possession and should start the next game but I hope that there continues to be room for both of them in the squad.

Sandro is a young guy and needs consistent games in order to progress - in the short term you want Parker but it will be more beneficial for us to play Sandro as much as possible IMO (in the long term)

Yeah, it is a bit biased. For me though, the second Parker came in i was worried for Sandro, as i see Sandro as a player with a hell of alot of potential, come on people he is only 22/23, he has a lot of time to grow into the game!. He has a cracking tackle, always seems to get them perfect in my opinion! Even against QPR ( i was right in front of it) the free kick he supposedly gave away was not! It was a great tackle. He also offers ALOT more going forward, he has a cracking shot! only problem is he does have a bad touch sometimes, but can easily work on that. He is a great mid, engien, height, got a good head.

Don't get me wrong! Parker has been fantastic for us! But sometimes i hate that we live completely in the now... Parker is getting on, we need to give Sandro all the experince we can so he can take over the helm of the break up mid. Parker is fantastic, good at tackling, also an engien.

But for me Sandro edges it because he has everything Parker has but with more (shoting, height and most importantly age). Parker has been fantastic for us though! So, overall, i am happy Parker is with us but i wish 'Arry would play Sandro a bit more as he will be fantastic for us!

The worry is that Parker is holding Sandro's development back.
Tbh I dont think both of them can exist at the same club together. They don't suit playing in the same midfield and neither deserves or will happy for long being back up.
Parker will be good for the next 3-4 years at least. I think if proper offer comes in for Sandro we'd be better off taking the money for once.

Tbh I dont think both of them can exist at the same club together. They don't suit playing in the same midfield and neither deserves or will happy for long being back up.
Parker will be good for the next 3-4 years at least. I think if proper offer comes in for Sandro we'd be better off taking the money for once.

I would be surprised if Parker is first choice over Sandro next season. Sandro is 23 years old, an age where really he should have his first team place cemented. I think if he hadn't suffered injuries he already would have.

That's a ridiculous suggestion, sell the player who could be our midfield beast for the next 10 years and keep Parker who has 2 or 3 years left. Incredibly short term vi .... wait, Harry? that you?

If we have Champions League football next season there will be plenty of opportunities for them both (and Huddlestone) to play.

That's a ridiculous suggestion, sell the player who could be our midfield beast for the next 10 years and keep Parker who has 2 or 3 years left. Incredibly short term vi .... wait, Harry? that you?

Parker is only 31 he plays in a position where he could easily play to the same high level until he's 35. That's 4 seasons with us. I can't see an ambitious player like Sandro (who seems to have an eye on Spain) wanting to stay with us longer than the next 2 seasons.

If we have Champions League football next season there will be plenty of opportunities for them both (and Huddlestone) to play.

But which of them do we play in the big games? One of them will always be second choice. Sandro is not gonna hang round Tottenham being second choice while he's in demand.

But which of them do we play in the big games? One of them will always be second choice. Sandro is not gonna hang round Tottenham being second choice while he's in demand.

That would depend on fitness and form. If Sandro can establish himself as first choice, Parker would be one hell of a player to have for 15-20 games a season.

That would depend on fitness and form. If Sandro can establish himself as first choice, Parker would be one hell of a player to have for 20 games a season.

I do not think Parker would be great as second choice, he would be playing against the lesser teams, and we need someone with more threat going forward in those games really..

Exactly. It's just a stick to beat Parker with. Rather than celebrating the fact we have two excellent defensive central midfielders, we have to try and belittle one in a direct way. Apparently we aren't allowed to like both.

As for Sandro's performance today, was superb. But it did tail off a bit when Blackburn changed their formation 25 minutes into the game and Sandro had less space to operate in. But defensively, Sandro was simply faultless today and deserves to start the next game in front of Parker if Parker is fit. Don't change a winning team.....

Agreed.

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 11 - Sandro won 11 tackles vs Blackburn today, the most by a PL player since Mascherano vs Wigan in March 2010. Terrier

Sandro is a young guy and needs consistent games in order to progress - in the short term you want Parker but it will be more beneficial for us to play Sandro as much as possible IMO (in the long term)

Agree.

Although I'd possibly play Parker for the remains of this season as we must win all our games I would be looking to begin next season with Sandro

I do not think Parker would be great as second choice, he would be playing against the lesser teams, and we need someone with more threat going forward in those games really..

I don't think he offers much less than Sandro. Sandro has a brutal shot on him and has a physical presence that unnerves defenders but this only comes good once or twice a season, other than that, I see them as much of a muchness going forward.

I think Parker has the edge in games where we see less of the ball, but contributes almost nothing against a team who sets out to defend against us.

Sandro is going to be great and it's a shame that injuries and fitness have prevented him from featuring more. I dont think that Parker should be automatic first choice in every game if both are fit.

Back