• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Seeing some of his clipped passing this evening in the highlights...excellent performance from the guy

As most of us suspected, Sarr is well capable of contributing, and should have been given some game time to alleviate the stress on Bentancur's knees and Hojbjerg's index finger.
With him and Skipp there's no excuse for no rotation. Can't understand how Bissouma was getting chances in front of the two of them.

He played a pass tonight out to the right hand side that amazed me.

As he was lining it up I was wondering what the fudge he though he was doing - the pass just wasn't on, even with the clearer angle from the TV cameras.

He bent the pass through two Milan players and right to Royal's feet.

*Clapping hands gif*

We also don’t see training
But Sarr as soon as he came in looked like he was made for this
I was delighted with the signing of Bissouma, was really good at Brighton, but it hasn't worked for him so far (still early days).
We seen what Skipp can do last season, much better than what Bissouma has shown for us.
The only reason that Skipp wasn't getting the nod can be fitness issues, otherwise I don't know what Conte sees.
Then again, I don't understand a lot of what Conte sees.

I was delighted with the signing of Bissouma, was really good at Brighton, but it hasn't worked for him so far (still early days).
We seen what Skipp can do last season, much better than what Bissouma has shown for us.
The only reason that Skipp wasn't getting the nod can be fitness issues, otherwise I don't know what Conte sees.
Then again, I don't understand a lot of what Conte sees.
Bissouma will come good I'm sure of it. And I love Skipp. Just worried we are getting ahead of ourselves with Sarr, he's still so young and needs protecting imho. I know it's not a popular view but the much maligned Hojbjerg really does contribute to winning the ball up the pitch and starting attacks. He's not a great defensive midfielders but he weighs in with more goals than the others.

Bissouma will come good I'm sure of it. And I love Skipp. Just worried we are getting ahead of ourselves with Sarr, he's still so young and needs protecting imho. I know it's not a popular view but the much maligned Hojbjerg really does contribute to winning the ball up the pitch and starting attacks. He's not a great defensive midfielders but he weighs in with more goals than the others.
Hojberg is much better than some fans see. Sarr is already showing qualities and skipp played as well as he has done for some time
These are good options to have
Our issue is that in a conte set up we still need all the pieces to work and the midfield may be the least tricky one if your left side is now dying when they get the ball …. It’s not one issue it’s many and I don’t think Hojberg is one of the problems myself

I think Bissouma's injury (the type of injury it is) suggests he's been carrying something for a while. A bit like Son did when he had his crap first season too.

Paratici is a good talent spotter isn't he. This is the type of signing we've not made since Alli and Dier
Sarr was much much higher rated than those when we signed him. Playing international football and top level in France
Doesn’t mean it wasn’t good work and letting him stay there worked a treat

As he was lining it up I was wondering what the fudge he though he was doing - the pass just wasn't on, even with the clearer angle from the TV cameras.

*Clapping hands gif*

Yeah that was exceptional. There was another one first half where he had a couple of easy, safe options and he pinged one past their midfield into Kane that most players wouldn't have even attempted.

He's quality.

*Clapping hands gif*

I gasped. It was not only excellent, it came at a moment where he’d been quite safe. Agreed!

Sarr really showed an all round game - it had it all.

Think I liked the most the fact that the lad can play - good touch, showed for it, took it in difficult areas and hard to dis-possess. Real vision to see some challenging progressive passes and then the ability to pull them off. He also kept it very simple a lot and progressed the team solidly around the park while interlinking neatly with Skipp - lots of neat little touches.

Then the engine he's got on top of that - dynamic, got around the park. Battled for so much and won most of his duels whether they were 50/50s or from aggressive pressing, the latter also demonstrating his ability to read what's happening in front of him. Got into advanced positions on occasion too and pinged a shot wide.

All the pressure on, CL game in the San Siro, he just went about his game like it was in the park. Serious potential fears... I'd love to see what he looks like next to Bentancur, sadly won't be till next season... but he and Skipp showed promising signs of a solid CM partnership well suited for the Conte system!

Back