• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

He played a pass tonight out to the right hand side that amazed me.

As he was lining it up I was wondering what the fudge he though he was doing - the pass just wasn't on, even with the clearer angle from the TV cameras.

He bent the pass through two Milan players and right to Royal's feet.

*Clapping hands gif*

Was that the one where the ball was bouncing or in the air? I remember a couple, but the one where the ball was in the air was really impressive to me, much harder skill when the ball isn't rolling/under control.

Some excellent tackles, some good tidy possession, seemed to find good areas to operate. And then some really lovely passes mixed in. Kid has a shot in him too even though that wasn't visible yesterday.

Made even more impressive by the magnitude of the game, playing next to another younger player (Skipp also did really well), they haven't played competetively together and the team around them not exactly fully functional.

Great to see. Hope he gets a lot of game time going forward.

He had a very good game but I don't get the major surprise that you can actually play a 20-year-old in a football match. He just played at the World Cup FFS.

If Conte actually rotated and trusted players more, we'd have seen his talent much earlier (indeed, we got a peak at it in the Palace match.)

He had a very good game but I don't get the major surprise that you can actually play a 20-year-old in a football match. He just played at the World Cup FFS.

If Conte actually rotated and trusted players more, we'd have seen his talent much earlier (indeed, we got a peak at it in the Palace match.)

I don't think it's a major surprise. But I think acknowledging the circumstances whey evaluating his performance is useful.

On the flip side if we'd seen him much earlier he may not have been as far into his development and adjustment and looked worse. His talent seems crystal clear, but imo at least there's a clear difference between the player we're seeing now and the player we saw in preseason.

Just like there's not a huge surprise that a 20 year old can play well it's not exactly surprising if a 19/20 year old that's new to the club, system/role and the level of competition needs half a season to settle in before he gets going.

I’m not certain if it’s a lazy comparison, but there seems to be a touch it the Vieiras about his game IMO.

Carries and uses the ball so well for someone of his age, he looks a real talent with composure belying his years.

An exciting performance from him.

Getting carried away early with a young player klaxons, but his tackling reminds me of Sandro. And that's a bloody awesome thing to see.

I don't think it's a major surprise. But I think acknowledging the circumstances whey evaluating his performance is useful.

On the flip side if we'd seen him much earlier he may not have been as far into his development and adjustment and looked worse. His talent seems crystal clear, but imo at least there's a clear difference between the player we're seeing now and the player we saw in preseason.

Just like there's not a huge surprise that a 20 year old can play well it's not exactly surprising if a 19/20 year old that's new to the club, system/role and the level of competition needs half a season to settle in before he gets going.

I’m not really sure why any of that is relevant to what I said.

Was that the one where the ball was bouncing or in the air? I remember a couple, but the one where the ball was in the air was really impressive to me, much harder skill when the ball isn't rolling/under control.

Some excellent tackles, some good tidy possession, seemed to find good areas to operate. And then some really lovely passes mixed in. Kid has a shot in him too even though that wasn't visible yesterday.

Made even more impressive by the magnitude of the game, playing next to another younger player (Skipp also did really well), they haven't played competetively together and the team around them not exactly fully functional.

Great to see. Hope he gets a lot of game time going forward.
Not sure. From memory he got the ball with his back to goal and flicked it out to his left between two closing players.

Great start from him for sure, but lets not put any pressure on him to be a star for us ( he may well be). Lets just hope that Conte uses him and lets him progress. To be honest i have seen a LOT of young players during my time supporting our great team and they got a lot of praise when they first came into our side but never carried it on.

Lets hope he does though.

Not sure. From memory he got the ball with his back to goal and flicked it out to his left between two closing players.
As I said in the match fred, he looks like he knows what he will do with the ball before he gets it. If you're reading the field like that, it makes these passes look like they're exceptional, while for the player they're probably pretty straightforward.

Great start from him for sure, but lets not put any pressure on him to be a star for us ( he may well be). Lets just hope that Conte uses him and lets him progress. To be honest i have seen a LOT of young players during my time supporting our great team and they got a lot of praise when they first came into our side but never carried it on.

Lets hope he does though.

Indeed, who can forget Tanganga's debut against Liverpool.

Back