• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

One of the types of runs he's just so good at. Become a norm from him, but still work pointing out. That cross is outstanding though, stumbling a bit, but then finds his balance and delivers a brilliant cross.

He's a bit inconsistent with it, but he shows great ball striking technique at times. Hope he can develop that into even more consistent top level ball strikes.

One of the types of runs he's just so good at. Become a norm from him, but still work pointing out. That cross is outstanding though, stumbling a bit, but then finds his balance and delivers a brilliant cross.

He's a bit inconsistent with it, but he shows great ball striking technique at times. Hope he can develop that into even more consistent top level ball strikes.
He will. He's already done it at junior levels. He has great striking technique which he just needs to hone. I see him getting at least 2 long rangers a season when he matures further.

One of the 1st names on the team sheet for me each week
100%
He offers the running that others can’t
When people were clamouring for Bentacur to come back in, I couldn’t see it being instead of Pape because of how he plays but people said I was wrong 😉

bencatur is class and will have many games for us in a variety of roles but he can’t do the running Pape does. The only player we have had with a simailr engine that springs to mine was Jenas who never maximised his potential

100%
When people were clamouring for Bentacur to come back in, I couldn’t see it being instead of Pape because of how he plays but people said I was wrong 😉

bencatur is class and will have many games for us in a variety of roles but he can’t do the running Pape does. The only player we have had with a simailr engine that springs to mine was Jenas who never maximised his potential
Think Sissoko and Zokora got around the pitch just as well in CM, but didn’t have the same quality on the ball (understatement)

Think Sissoko and Zokora got around the pitch just as well in CM, but didn’t have the same quality on the ball (understatement)
I’m not sure they did
I guess because they maybe ran but never had or got the ball it’s hard to tell
Eriksen used to have our best running stats but you only really noticed him in the final third
Sarr crops up everywhere and is like a magnet for tidying up things whilst then being a creative driver with his running
his passing will improve As shown with his stunning cross and he will score more goals im sure
he will be a real beast for us

100%

I still think Bentancur could overtake him when fully fit and match fit. But probably more a question of different games and game states needing different things. I also think a fully fit Bentancur can do a lot of the same running as Sarr.

None of that is or has been a criticism of Sarr, I rate Bentancur really highly and Sarr is at a really impressive level made even more impressive by his age.

Back