• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Think we locked him till 2030 mate, lots of brick the club can do better, but protecting it's assets isn't usually an issue
Yeah we are good at improving contracts once players have proved themselves.

Think the Ndombele thing made us learn you don't give big contracts until they have proved they can cope with the league.

Sarr is quality, starting to feel the same type of love for him as I did my favourite ever spurs player Ledley.

Good shout, lets hope he has the sucess that Vieira had.
If he's half the player that Vieira was, we'll be doing well. Much as it pains me to say it, late-Vieira Arsenal was one of the best teams the Premier League has seen. He was one half of a 2-man midfield pairing that dominated Prem midfields, often playing against a 3. Is it fair to say that he, Makalele, Kante, Keane and (to a lesser extent) Gerrard are the most dominant central midfielders in Premier League history?

Anyway, if Sarr proves fit to be mentioned in the same breath as any of the above, it'll be because we've come damn close to winning the Prem.

Last edited:
If he's half the player that Vieira was, we'll be doing well. Much as it pains me to say it, late-Vieira Arsenal was one of the best teams the Premier League has seen. He was one half of a 2-man midfield pairing that dominated Prem midfields, often playing against a 3. Is it fair to say that he, Makalele, Kante, Keane and (to a lesser extent) Gerrard are the three most dominant central midfielders in Premier League history?

Anyway, if Sarr proves fit to be mentioned in the same breath as any of the above, it'll be because we've come damn close to winning the Prem.
No, because that isn't three.

Is he really like Vieira? Vieira was a tough tackling hard man. Athletic, sure, but very different to Sarr from what I remember (I was in my early teens when Vieira was playing so happy to be wrong.)

Last edited:
Is he really like Vieira? Vieira was a tough tackling hard man. Athletic, sure, but very different to Sarr from what I remember (I was in my early teens when Vieira was playing so happy to be wrong.)

Actually reminds me more of Diaby for them, who was a ridicously good player, injuries just done him in .

He was much more than that. Got about the pitch really well, received the ball well, including when under pressure and also used the ball very intelligently. He won the ball through good positioning more than through being a tough tackler (though he was pretty tough)

Unfortunately you are only classed as a top player if you have the silverware. Sarr could get to Vieiras level but will never get the recognition if he doesn’t win multiple accolades.

Not really

- Social media idiots/fans of other clubs trying to score cheap points? yes
- Regular media "journalists" running click bait brick or following the herd narrative? yes

Did anyone with a modicum of football knowledge not think Kane was world class before he left Spurs? or that he isn't world class despite Bayern highly likely to win nothing this season?

If he gets to Vieras level, RM will come sniffing

Not really

- Social media idiots/fans of other clubs trying to score cheap points? yes
- Regular media "journalists" running click bait brick or following the herd narrative? yes

Did anyone with a modicum of football knowledge not think Kane was world class before he left Spurs? or that he isn't world class despite Bayern highly likely to win nothing this season?

If he gets to Vieras level, RM will come sniffing
Kane's quality is questioned more than it would be if he'd won some things. I rarely see him put in the conversation of greatest ever PL striker despite him having that kind of quality. It's because there aren't any memorable moments (for outsiders) to hark back on. So you can be rated without trophies but you will be rated lower than if you have them to go with your qualities.

Last edited:
Kane's quality is questioned more than it would be if he'd won some things. I rarely see him put in the conversation of greatest ever PL striker despite him having that kind of quality. It's because there are any memorable moments (for outsiders) to hark back on. So you can be rated without trophies but you will be rated lower than if you have them to go with your qualities.
100%
There is a debate was to who is the way best there has been and he is right in it, but it’s not unreasonable to argue winning nothing takes him down the ranking

Back