• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Club signings are fine if they've been identified intelligently and more importantly you have a coach that is willing to work with unheralded players.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Been saying for a while we need to go back to buying the walkers and bales. We seem to be doing that. Not all will be a success, but you sell them off and get as much money as you can. Obviously keep the ones that do work.

Been saying for a while we need to go back to buying the walkers and bales. We seem to be doing that. Not all will be a success, but you sell them off and get as much money as you can. Obviously keep the ones that do work.
We are of the same thinking. I've always said that is the market we should be working in. It's a massive part of my dissatisfaction with ENIC not to go over it all again but they haven't understood what has worked for them and what hasn't.

This model is the one that works but it has to be cohesive. The scouting, the coaching team, expectations and targets from above and the reasonable and brave work from the recruitment team all need to be in harmony for it to work. Hopefully we are now back on track.

We are of the same thinking. I've always said that is the market we should be working in. It's a massive part of my dissatisfaction with ENIC not to go over it all again but they haven't understood what has worked for them and what hasn't.

This model is the one that works but it has to be cohesive. The scouting, the coaching team, expectations and targets from above and the reasonable and brave work from the recruitment team all need to be in harmony for it to work. Hopefully we are now back on track.

Also fans need to buy into it. Realsie it might take a while for the players to fully develop.

The important thing is to be constantly doing this regardless of who we have in their position. On top of that, we have to be a club that can compete with other clubs in player contracts, so if these prospects turn out to be good, we need to reward them and maximize their value.

Very good performance from Sarr yesterday but he does still need to develop in terms of getting his head up and passing. On several occasions in the game yesterday he had a ball on to release Son either one on one or even in behind with a likely shot on goal and he held onto the ball instead,

Hopefully he’ll get played back those occasions on the video analysis and can use that to improve. His ability to get about the pitch is remarkable and he has a decent touch and lots of confidence so has an awful lot to work with.

Very good performance from Sarr yesterday but he does still need to develop in terms of getting his head up and passing. On several occasions in the game yesterday he had a ball on to release Son either one on one or even in behind with a likely shot on goal and he held onto the ball instead,

Hopefully he’ll get played back those occasions on the video analysis and can use that to improve. His ability to get about the pitch is remarkable and he has a decent touch and lots of confidence so has an awful lot to work with.

He is just 20 years old, saying he needs to develop is kind of stating the obvious ;)

He can play those passes. I watched him for bits at Metz and the AFCON. In those teams he played more of a hybrid b2b/regista role. He has got the pass on him but he's very measured and mature so isn't taking undue risks yet. As he gains more comfort in his surroundings I think we will start to see a bit more of his passing range as well as his rather good long range shooting.

I had him as a heads up player - but you’ll really only see that during break down transitions - if we have control of the ball he’ll be following the main plan giving it or Maddison etc.

A goal against united and a majestic assist, both coming on his weaker foot isn't bad going for the first 3 games in his proper first run in the team.

Great to see and it confirms Ange's ballsy decision to have him in ahead of PEH. I appreciate many called it a while ago on here but for me at least I just hadn't seen very much of him apart from the Milan games where he looked good but Sarr is a pleasure to watch.

A goal against united and a majestic assist, both coming on his weaker foot isn't bad going for the first 3 games in his proper first run in the team.

Great to see and it confirms Ange's ballsy decision to have him in ahead of PEH. I appreciate many called it a while ago on here but for me at least I just hadn't seen very much of him apart from the Milan games where he looked good but Sarr is a pleasure to watch.

I love seeing players evolve and given chances, some pay off some don't but for me its at the heart of the game seeing it happen. Seeing someone like Sarr come through and play like he has played for years is really something.

Back