• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Think it's something to do with having africans from africa.

Any possibility of losing a section of our players while the season is ongoing should be avoided or mitigated. People throw up the racism thing should be wary, because if it is obviously not racist like in this instance then they run the risk of trivialising real racism when it happens.

Any possibility of losing a section of our players while the season is ongoing should be avoided or mitigated. People throw up the racism thing should be wary, because if it is obviously not racist like in this instance then they run the risk of trivialising real racism when it happens.

Well past that point.

Well past that point.

fudge me lord of tedium, it was a joke from Naija. Your post of "think it's something to do with having Africans from Africa makes no sense". We're all from Africa anyway, read a book.

@Danishfurniturelover Naija literally responded with his next post specifically quoting your AfCON post saying he agreed with it, don't be so precious!

Edit - I changed tediousness to tedium as that is the correct noun form of tedious, as I currently understand it, as I openly accept and embrace my mistakes.

Last edited:

FFS mate, get a grip. You have posted nearly 12000 times on this forum but you obviously have not been paying attention. :rolleyes:

One year the NationsbCup is in the summer and then come the next tournament it is in Jan/Feb.
Does seem to be a completion that has to change when it is now more and more as they vary the locations
I don’t have an issue with as when you sign elite powers you know they will have competitions to play in and they at3 always governed by the relevant local authority

fudge me lord of tedium, it was a joke from Naija. Your post of "think it's something to do with having Africans from Africa makes no sense". We're all from Africa anyway, read a book.

@Danishfurniturelover Naija literally responded with his next post specifically quoting your AfCON post saying he agreed with it, don't be so precious!

Edit - I changed tediousness to tedium as that is the correct noun form of tedious, as I currently understand it, as I openly accept and embrace my mistakes.

It is not precious to worry about racism, it should not be allowed.

Who has said it should be allowed petal? Probably worth a quick reread of the thread as you appear to be a bit confused.

In so many posts you steam in an argumentive fashion and have pops at people for name calling. Then patronising call me petal and precious. You need to be consistent in your approach.

I did not say nor did anyone else racism is ok. But racism is the most heinous crime in society and can not be joked about. That has been the prevailing view in our society for the last couple of decades, and rightly so. So if someone says one of my posts is racist I would like to know why. Anyway when I get home I will report myself and my posts and then the mods can decide if I was racist.

Love Sarr looks like a promising player and want Kudos and the Watford Sarr as well, but I would worry about losing 3 players for a month. I'm not director of football though so it doesn't matter.

In so many posts you steam in an argumentive fashion and have pops at people for name calling. Then patronising call me petal and precious. You need to be consistent in your approach.

I did not say nor did anyone else racism is ok. But racism is the most heinous crime in society and can not be joked about. That has been the prevailing view in our society for the last couple of decades, and rightly so. So if someone says one of my posts is racist I would like to know why. Anyway when I get home I will report myself and my posts and then the mods can decide if I was racist.

Love Sarr looks like a promising player and want Kudos and the Watford Sarr as well, but I would worry about losing 3 players for a month. I'm not director of football though so it doesn't matter.

I can't remember the pops at people for name calling necessarily but you're absolutely right on the consistency front. I didn't know that calling you precious would upset you so much so will refrain from doing so moving forwards.

We'll agree to disagree on the view of what can be joked about, and the joke evidently still has gone over your head but there's no need to report yourself.

I agree with the last paragraph entirely, probably good to bring the discussion back to Sarr, an exciting talent as was generally known.

i feel that conte tends to clip the wings of the players a bit too much.
from what i've seen, i think sarr has a lot more to offer. he is still holding back and that's not a bad thing for a young player. but his decision making and the way he moves seems to give him a fraction of a second advantage on the pitch that he doesn't fully exploit yet.
i predict that sarr and bentancur will be our best midfielders in the near future.

i feel that conte tends to clip the wings of the players a bit too much.
from what i've seen, i think sarr has a lot more to offer. he is still holding back and that's not a bad thing for a young player. but his decision making and the way he moves seems to give him a fraction of a second advantage on the pitch that he doesn't fully exploit yet.
i predict that sarr and bentancur will be our best midfielders in the near future.

To me it seems that Conte and the coaching staff are doing a really good job with Sarr.

Bit over half a season since he arrived. Having started 22 games in the previous season for a team in League 1 that got relegated. Iirc often playing a slightly more advanced role than central midfielders do in our system.

20 years old. Holding his own (and more) in a CL knockout game against Milan. Doing rather well in the NLD. Getting some sub appearances as well and looking good. All of this in a deep midfield role.

Of course most of that is on him. Tells us that he's a really talented young footballer probably doing a lot of hard work to improve. But I think it also points to good work from the manager and coaches.

I know Pochettino had some glorious examples with Alli and Dier in particular. Sarr is at a similar age now to what Dier was when he broke through for us and the competition for places is significantly harder now.

I don't think he's looked like his wings have been clipped. I do think he will have more to offer as he continues his development, but he's 20 that's just reality for 99% of players at that age. I think he looks to be settling in about as well as we could have hoped for.

View attachment 15160

Edit - it doesn't seem like the gif has worked, for any kind souls, how would I go about posting a gif I've found on Google?
elmo-sesame-street.gif

Use the 'image' button to post the URL to the gif instead of uploading it.

Back