• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our strikers next season

I think we were willing to stretch to around 100k for Modric and Bale. Depending on other factors (like added TV money) we might be willing to expand our structure a bit for the right striker I think.

Should put us into a position to compete for most players outside the top 10-15 richest clubs around I would think. As seen with us picking up Soldado in the summer. Apart from the top 2-3 clubs in Spain, France, Germany and Italy as well as the biggest 4-5 clubs in England we can compete financially with just about anyone in the world.
for Bale maybe yes, but i very much doubt Levy would have gone that far for Modric. Also, you have to remember that both were proven for Spurs, proven in the PL. I think Levy might be more reluctant to hand out big 100k a week contracts to new players

Yes I can see Baldini with his feet up doing our scouting watching motd.

If he's been watching motd then benteke is definitely out.

As is, we have a problem. Ade can be inconsistent and soldado can't seem to perform the solo striker role. So by and large it depends which way Tim wants to go with it.

If he wants two up top, then we need another big man to replace ade when he's not with it.

If he wants to go one up front I struggle to see where soldado will fit in given how much he has shown over the past season. And then we'd still need another big man to replace ade when he's not with it.

The easy answer is "lets buy the next Suarez"

The smarter is answer is how do we build a team that delivers enough quality chances that Ade/Soldado/Lamela can capitalize on and each deliver 15+ goals a season?

A lot depends on Eriksen's development, but honestly an upgrade on Rose/Townsend/Siggy is more likely to get us goals that the next flavor of the month striker.

I'm of the opinion our strikers arent a problem area of our team. We have decent options and personnel there. Yet people love talking about it because strikers are sexy and the easy solution to everything. We don't need three 30m strikers. We need to sort out our terrible defence and get a midfield that can pass the ball.

Did you read my first post in this thread?

do we?? Ade 75k, Soldado 65, Eriksen 50k, Lamela 40k are considered the top earners

If you have the figures in front of you you're probably right but I was under the impression that Lloris and Soldado were on above 75k and Ade was getting 100k off us and 40k off city.

I'm still hoping deploying Lamela at some point in an extremely advanced role will solve the potential problem of numbers.

I think that he lacks a bit of conviction to play there but maybe that is just because he hasn't played much and lacks confidence.

I'd be happy with Ade + Soldado + a youngster that can play LF and CF.

It's our left-side that needs sorting in the summer rather than our forwards IMO.

Can't you see Levy cashing in on Ade? He'll be 30 in the summer and is out of form as often as he is in. This could be our last chance to get a decent fee for him.

Yes but you cant play both sides. You cant say we need to improve the other areas of our team and then next post suggest we drop 20-30m to get Michu ahead of Arsenal, United and Chelsea.

Then you also see that in addition to arguing for a "complete forward" if we want to continue playing a lone striker I also say that there are reasons to think that at least one of Soldado and Ade might be sold.

I really don't think it's that far fetched for us to sign a striker with Soldado leaving without us having a massive net spend in the process.

We'll also see what happens, I'll be very happy if we avoid selling a star/nailed on starting player personally. But I'm not convinced that will happen. We might come across a large sum of cash again. If if not we have a fairly large squad with some fairly valuable squad players in it, essentially for every player signed we will probably sell a player. Potentially even sell more than one if we don't get CL football and we want to continue blooding some youngsters. Of course if we do get CL football we'll also have some money to spend.

Players like Capoue, Sig, Chadli and Townsend are all players that could get us a decent transfer fee if we decide to sell them.

Long story short I really don't think saying that I want us to sign a starting striker and a starting left back along with either a an up and coming central midfielder or a young centre back come the summer is way out of line. Although we're obviously not going to pay £30m for Michu if that's what it takes to get him.

Can't you see Levy cashing in on Ade? He'll be 30 in the summer and is out of form as often as he is in. This could be our last chance to get a decent fee for him.

I could easily see that.

If we do go for van Gaal I could also easily see van Gaal wanting to work with a striker that isn't Ade so to speak.

I could easily see that.

If we do go for van Gaal I could also easily see van Gaal wanting to work with a striker that isn't Ade so to speak.

Let's face it, he would have been sold last summer if he had reached agreement with Galatasaray.

Defoe will be gone, nogoaldado can join him, Ade should be kept based on talent alone but i can see why we might be tempted to cash in.

Defoe will be gone, nogoaldado can join him, Ade should be kept based on talent alone but i can see why we might be tempted to cash in.

Do you think Levy will be prepared to take a huge loss on a 26m transfer? There's no way we'll get anywhere near that in the summer. I can only see Levy giving him another season to get his transfer fee back up.

Do you think Levy will be prepared to take a huge loss on a 26m transfer? There's no way we'll get anywhere near that in the summer. I can only see Levy giving him another season to get his transfer fee back up.

But that extra season see's him hit 30 years old and his value will drop even further. Also, wasn't a massive chunk of the transfer fee performance/appearance related? If he is sold back to Europe this summer we may be able to come away breaking even if thats the case.

It was £13mil up front wasn't it?

Wonder if we might do some loan deals next season. That chap Everton got from Monaco looks goodish and could do with another loan next season and maybe if Chelsea do not view us as a threat we could get Lukuka next season on loan.

Back