• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our strikers next season

Same here, if we can get him playing like he did for Roma, behind Soldado, playing like he did for Valencia, we'll be back in business.

Wow! thats a lot of if's, but's and maybe's. But I hope you are right. If all that comes true then it wont have been 56m wasted on two no hoper's.

I don't think we really need to go for another striker. If we are playing a 433 next season then we will only need to get in another young back up behind Ade and Soldado and for me that's all.

Need some variety and not to be reliant on Adebayor. Whilst Ade is playing well at the moment, next season he could easily turn back into the 2012/3 Adebayor

Michu is a good shout.

Some changes at Swansea, he's stayed on for a second season and showed some loyalty. Some of the air seems to be escaping from the Swansea baloon and Michu isn't the youngest - if he wants some success in his career this might be the time for it.

Versatile player that can play up front on his own, but can also fill other roles. Good mix of physical strength, skill and goalscoring ability.

One of the best available PL options imo.

I'd like to see Adebayor, Soldado, Michu and Kane/another youngster. I think Adebayor can player alone, and Michu and Soldado together is interesting.

This the same Benteke who can't hit a barn door this season?

i think its a bit much for a young striker to carry a sh!te team for two consecutive seasons!!......Benteke has shown he can perform in the PL, and im sure he will have many good seasons ahead of him if he remains in this league.

people have to remember that any striker that comes in will have to fit in with the wage structure, 65-75k for the top earners. That severely limits the class of striker we can afford.

Depends on how we are set up to play.
Most people here would not be happy if our only strikers were Mandzukic and Pizarro yet that's good enough for an all conquering Bayern team because of how they play.

people have to remember that any striker that comes in will have to fit in with the wage structure, 65-75k for the top earners. That severely limits the class of striker we can afford.

I think we were willing to stretch to around 100k for Modric and Bale. Depending on other factors (like added TV money) we might be willing to expand our structure a bit for the right striker I think.

Should put us into a position to compete for most players outside the top 10-15 richest clubs around I would think. As seen with us picking up Soldado in the summer. Apart from the top 2-3 clubs in Spain, France, Germany and Italy as well as the biggest 4-5 clubs in England we can compete financially with just about anyone in the world.

Depends on how we are set up to play.
Most people here would not be happy if our only strikers were Mandzukic and Pizarro yet that's good enough for an all conquering Bayern team because of how they play.

Mandzukic, Pizarro and the option of Muller and of course Pep loves a false nine option. And of course they're not quite happy with their options themselves seeing as they've already agreed a deal for Lewandowski!

Personally I would love Mandzukic as our first choice player.

Either way comparing our playing style to the CL champions expecting us to emulate that any time soon seems rather unrealistic.

Remember there's a tidal wave of new TV money coming. We can afford to splash out even without CL.

I'd be happy with Ade + Soldado + a youngster that can play LF and CF.

It's our left-side that needs sorting in the summer rather than our forwards IMO.

Yes I can see Baldini with his feet up doing our scouting watching motd.

I think signing 7 players from outside the PL this summer was a mistake.

We need a mix between players that will most likely need time to fit in, but perhaps with more potential, and players that we can trust to do a job straight away.

Getting a PL proven striker like Michu could be excellent for us I think.

Remember there's a tidal wave of new TV money coming. We can afford to splash out even without CL.

Sorry - Daniel's already spent it on the stadium.

It's sell-to-buy this summer, just like it has been for the last dozen window.

The only way we'll get another senior CF is if Lloris and Verts both get cashed in on.

Mandzukic, Pizarro and the option of Muller and of course Pep loves a false nine option. And of course they're not quite happy with their options themselves seeing as they've already agreed a deal for Lewandowski!

Personally I would love Mandzukic as our first choice player.

Either way comparing our playing style to the CL champions expecting us to emulate that any time soon seems rather unrealistic.

I'm of the opinion our strikers arent a problem area of our team. We have decent options and personnel there. Yet people love talking about it because strikers are sexy and the easy solution to everything. We don't need three 30m strikers. We need to sort out our terrible defence and get a midfield that can pass the ball.

Back