• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

When transfers like that happen completely out of the leftfield, I dont know whether to think the buying club are crazy, or if literally no other scout even knew the lad existed. Anyone know anything about him?

When transfers like that happen completely out of the leftfield, I dont know whether to think the buying club are crazy, or if literally no other scout even knew the lad existed. Anyone know anything about him?

I heard about him a while back from a Dundee Utd fan who rates him highly and claimed that he'd be making a big move soon. Sporting Lisbon know a thing or two about young players so he must have something about him.

Great move for him. He'll learn a lot more (and a lot better) about the game in the Portuguese league than he would in the SPL and he'll be at a club which every top scout in Europe follows very closely. What's the betting that he'll be in the Premier League within three years?

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have snapped up former Tottenham defender Kevin Stewart.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9369141?

Almost certainly on Alex Inglethorpe's recommendation. That's two of our "rejects" they've snapped up recently - Lawrence Vigouroux being the other. From what little I saw of Stewart, he looked to be a solid and versatile defender but nothing special. It's a no-lose punt for Liverpool, I guess. If he becomes a useful squad player for them, it will have been a good bit of business.

We were linked to the lad once this year. He's small, nippy and one hell of a dribbler.

Marouane Fellaini’s World Cup campaign has essentially become one big Barclays Premier League audition after it emerged that new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has instructed the club to sell him.

Fellaini — an unmitigated disaster during his first season at Old Trafford last term — scored when coming on as a late substitute in Belgium’s opening game here in Brazil. He has played every minute of the three victories that have followed.

But it is understood that Van Gaal has told associates Fellaini is ‘not a United type of player’ and has instructed chief executive Ed Woodward to sell him before the season starts.

Old Trafford sources have revealed this week that Van Gaal has been quite clear about who he wants and doesn’t want and has told Woodward already.

All that remains to be seen is whether United can sell Fellaini for anything near the £27million they paid when buying him from Everton last September.

Sacked United manager David Moyes consistently defended Fellaini last season and used to say that the 26-year-old was Belgium’s ‘stand-out player whenever I went to see them play’.

Now it appears that Fellaini must show that form during the remainder of this tournament if he is to get a decent move ahead of the Premier League season, which starts next month.

With Belgium through to face Argentina in the last eight of the World Cup, it is unlikely Fellaini will join United on their two-week tour of America that begins on July 21.

Therefore, he is unlikely to have any chance to impress Van Gaal at close quarters and change the Dutchman’s mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2678419/Marouane-Fellaini-offloaded-Louis-van-Gaal-says-27m-dud-not-Manchester-United-player.html

"Therefore, he is unlikely to have any chance to impress Van Gaal at close quarters and change the Dutchman’s mind."

Except if Belgium beat Argentina in the World Cup Quarter Final & The Netherlands dispose of Costa Rica in their Quarter Final...

"Therefore, he is unlikely to have any chance to impress Van Gaal at close quarters and change the Dutchman’s mind."

Except if Belgium beat Argentina in the World Cup Quarter Final & The Netherlands dispose of Costa Rica in their Quarter Final...

I'm guessing by close quarters they don't mean just in a game, but rather in training over a period of time.

They have 80m to spend. :lol:

But you're right some good signings, better than the dark days of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.
The 7 signings we made with the Bale money seemed to look good business too. Liverpool will probably make the same number of buys so let's see how it works out.

Maybe it would be better for them to make just 2 or 3 really top top world class signings instead with the Suarez windfall. They have CL football, the prestige of their name/history, they pay big salaries, so I don't think it would be too hard for them to attract a couple of stars.

The 7 signings we made with the Bale money seemed to look good business too. Liverpool will probably make the same number of buys so let's see how it works out.

Maybe it would be better for them to make just 2 or 3 really top top world class signings instead with the Suarez windfall. They have CL football, the prestige of their name/history, they pay big salaries, so I don't think it would be too hard for them to attract a couple of stars.

think they are making the same United mistake, they don't need to buy a lot of good players, just 1-2 great ones.

United won the league when they bought RVP, buying Shaw won't quite be the same thing. Pool similarly, a few good buys (not too many that would be out of Spurs league, which is the problem)

think they are making the same United mistake, they don't need to buy a lot of good players, just 1-2 great ones.

United won the league when they bought RVP, buying Shaw won't quite be the same thing. Pool similarly, a few good buys (not too many that would be out of Spurs league, which is the problem)

dumbest thing I've ever read

Back