• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Liverpool's signings remind me a lot of us last summer, a lot of 'solid' and 'potential' players either young or at least under 26, but no real world class signing. They've chosen the same route we did, rather than reinvest the Bale/Suarez money on one or two top drawer replacements, both clubs have chosen to use the money to try to improve the overall quality of the squad across the board.

I think they may find however, that without Suarez, its the same as with us in that there is just that lack of something, its a big miss, you've been relying on this guy for a few seasons and now he's not there, and suddenly there's a tonne of players of similarish quality in his place and you've got to make them into some kind of team.

More than anything, I just don't get how you stick Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho, Can, Lallana, Lambert, Sterling all in the same team and again, there are some nice players in there, same as you'd look at our squad and say there are some nice players like Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby etc.......there's just no star player anymore, no Van Persie type talisman that you can fall back on to dig yourself out of a hole if need be.

I actually think Liverpool are making a bigger mistake than we are as i think CL is more important for their branding and their club than it is for us and I have to say LVG has impressed me so much in this world cup and United are going to be right up there next season again, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are sure things for top 4 and you have to say if Arsenal get Sanchez then with him, Cazorla and Ozil, they will definately have that star quality that both us and pool won't have if they lose Suarez.

Liverpool's signings remind me a lot of us last summer, a lot of 'solid' and 'potential' players either young or at least under 26, but no real world class signing. They've chosen the same route we did, rather than reinvest the Bale/Suarez money on one or two top drawer replacements, both clubs have chosen to use the money to try to improve the overall quality of the squad across the board.

I think they may find however, that without Suarez, its the same as with us in that there is just that lack of something, its a big miss, you've been relying on this guy for a few seasons and now he's not there, and suddenly there's a tonne of players of similarish quality in his place and you've got to make them into some kind of team.

More than anything, I just don't get how you stick Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho, Can, Lallana, Lambert, Sterling all in the same team and again, there are some nice players in there, same as you'd look at our squad and say there are some nice players like Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby etc.......there's just no star player anymore, no Van Persie type talisman that you can fall back on to dig yourself out of a hole if need be.

I actually think Liverpool are making a bigger mistake than we are as i think CL is more important for their branding and their club than it is for us and I have to say LVG has impressed me so much in this world cup and United are going to be right up there next season again, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are sure things for top 4 and you have to say if Arsenal get Sanchez then with him, Cazorla and Ozil, they will definately have that star quality that both us and pool won't have if they lose Suarez.

theres always the chance that a big name signing may fail.

i think that both approaches are fine, the only difference being that AVB didn't get the players he wanted but it looks like Rodgers will. makes a lot of difference to me, though i can see the pros and cons either ways.

unlike us liverpool has got a more cohesive team and some momentum to go on, but i agree that its tougher than it looks.

theres always the chance that a big name signing may fail.

i think that both approaches are fine, the only difference being that AVB didn't get the players he wanted but it looks like Rodgers will. makes a lot of difference to me, though i can see the pros and cons either ways.

unlike us liverpool has got a more cohesive team and some momentum to go on, but i agree that its tougher than it looks.

But we had a very cohesive team in AVB's first season with Bale.

The cohesion disappeared when we sold Bale and bought 7 new players in- that's my point!

Also AVB didn't get all his FIRST CHOICES that's different from getting players he didn't want.

Rodgers isn't getting all his first choices they've already been pipped by Arsenal for Sanchez so they've gone for Markovic instead.

Unlike us Liverpool are signing a mix of PL proven players and probably cheaper talents from abroad.

Unlike us Liverpool are in a position where they had to increase their squad size even if they didn't sell Suarez. Going from no European football to Champions League they had to sign several players. Assuming the Suarez money is incoming that might have allowed them to sign higher quality players for multiple positions than they otherwise could have.

I'm not sure we could potentially have signed a proven world class player after selling Bale. Liverpool are in a stronger position having returned to the CL and being a bigger name than us, but I'm still not sure they could compete for players I would classify as World Class.

But we had a very cohesive team in AVB's first season with Bale.

The cohesion disappeared when we sold Bale and bought 7 new players in- that's my point!

Also AVB didn't get all his FIRST CHOICES that's different from getting players he didn't want.

Rodgers isn't getting all his first choices they've already been pipped by Arsenal for Sanchez so they've gone for Markovic instead.

We were defensively cohesive yes, and we continued to be for most of AVB's second season too. We were far from cohesive when attacking during that first season and continued not to be during the second season.

Unlike us when we sold Bale Liverpool have shown a lot more attacking team play with and without their star player.

I agree its a very similar approach to us last season. Again I agree with how you fit all these players into the team? I know its a long hard season but you need balance in your team and I dont see that. Rodgers enjoys attacking teams and with Suarez he had a player who would score and create a chance out of nothing to cover up the fact that Liverpool are very suspect at the back.

I think Liverpool will be in for a far more tougher season without Saurez (stating the obvious) they have lost a clinical, star player and replaced him SO FAR with decent players.

I do like Markovic tho he's looked a very good player, Im surprised Chelsea didnt take up the option on him

I agree its a very similar approach to us last season. Again I agree with how you fit all these players into the team? I know its a long hard season but you need balance in your team and I dont see that. Rodgers enjoys attacking teams and with Suarez he had a player who would score and create a chance out of nothing to cover up the fact that Liverpool are very suspect at the back.

I think Liverpool will be in for a far more tougher season without Saurez (stating the obvious) they have lost a clinical, star player and replaced him SO FAR with decent players.

I do like Markovic tho he's looked a very good player, Im surprised Chelsea didnt take up the option on him

Yeah, Chelsea do look extremely light weight in the midfield department, so wouldn't be surprised if they get maybe thirty or forty players to strengthen a bit.

Looking at his youtube clips he looks **** and its very hard to look **** in a 3 minute clip.

Well I'm not judging players from youtube clips, I have seen Markovic play many times, live and on TV. He has a lot of pace, great technique and understanding of the game. We'll regret that we didn't go in for him, mark my words.

Well I'm not judging players from youtube clips, I have seen Markovic play many times, live and on TV. He has a lot of pace, great technique and understanding of the game. We'll regret that we didn't go in for him, mark my words.
Don't underestimate the pressure of a 20 mill plus price tag on a young player, any player in fact

So where do you think Rodgers will play him? Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling will take 3 of the 4 attacking positions and they are still in for Sanchez apparenty. So where does Markovic fit?

Don't underestimate the pressure of a 20 mill plus price tag on a young player, any player in fact

So where do you think Rodgers will play him? Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling will take 3 of the 4 attacking positions and they are still in for Sanchez apparenty. So where does Markovic fit?

To compete at the top with the Chelseas and Citys of this world both domestically and in CL you need two top players in most positions, the front 4 will easily all get a lot of games....

Oh and Can and Coutinho :)

Sturridge, Lambert, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Can........plus Sanchez/or someone else similar, also apparently they want Bony too.

Its looking good for them on paper but they all need to be kept happy.

That's still 2 players / position and you need depth in order to compete in all competitions. Markovic can play anywhere in the midfield or as a striker. In my opinion, he is most effective on the wings where he can utilize his speed and dribbling skills.
Don't think Sanchez will go to Pool as he prefers ****, and now Juve are in the hunt as well.

Should go for a cheaky bid for Negrado or Dzeko at Emirates Marketing Project. Get rid of Ade.

Back