• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Great soundbite except Levy actually fought him on aging fish to the bitter end, as they are often high-wage players with no long-term benefit. I do believe Neville would've been a good squad player and Harry proved me wrong on Parker short-term (who I thought was too injury-prone) but sadly, we knackered him due to lack of proper rotation IMO!

Did we really need to rotate last season? We played hardly any games, especially considering the contempt we showed the Europa League. I read somewhere in one of the rags that most Utd, City, Chelsea first teamers played more games than our players last year, and I think the last four games proved we weren't tired or fatigued. I don't think we can use lack of squad rotation as an excuse last year, because we simply didn't need to rotate players due to how few matches we played.

Wrong. We judge him by his soundbites. That's far more important than the overall league standings.

I judge him fairly, and losing that 3rd place was simply not good enough. That, the 1 FA cup and the string of flimflam that follows him around are merely garnishes on a brick salad. On the other hand, I do not understand why he left but I do recall a disgusting afternoon at wembley.

If he was as good as he says he is, he would be at a big club and won something more than a cup. It's his attitude, nobody trusts him and in the modern game that's even more important.

I judge him fairly, and losing that 3rd place was simply not good enough. That, the 1 FA cup and the string of flimflam that follows him around are merely garnishes on a brick salad. On the other hand, I do not understand why he left but I do recall a disgusting afternoon at wembley.

If he was as good as he says he is, he would be at a big club and won something more than a cup. It's his attitude, nobody trusts him and in the modern game that's even more important.

I agree about losing 3rd place. He deserves his share of the blame. But we still finished 4th, above Chelsea and would be in the CL if it wasn't for some horrendous bad luck: Fulop, Messi and Robben missing penalties etc.

Whether people like it or not, getting top 4 is as important, if not more so than winning trophies in modern football. You simply can't attract top players without CL football and/or money. So if people are going to hold it against him for not getting 4th, then they should at least give him credit for 09/10 when we did achieve it in spite of Emirates Marketing Project outspending us by significant margins.

Now you are just being silly;)

I don't care if people hate the guy personally. But I fail to see why some fans can't recognise what a good job he did at Spurs, despite his faults.

David Moyes for example has never won a trophy or managed at one of the top clubs, but he's still a great manager.

8th, 4th, 5th, 4th are Harry's achievements at Spurs. There's only 3 managers currently managing in England who have bettered that in recent years.

I don't care if people hate the guy personally. But I fail to see why some fans can't recognise what a good job he did at Spurs, despite his faults.

David Moyes for example has never won a trophy or managed at one of the top clubs, but he's still a great manager.

8th, 4th, 5th, 4th are Harry's achievements at Spurs. There's only 3 managers currently managing in England who have bettered that in recent years.

He was superb for us and Id always thank him for what he did and the fantastic football I saw for fair chunks of his 3 1/2 years

I agree about losing 3rd place. He deserves his share of the blame. But we still finished 4th, above Chelsea and would be in the CL if it wasn't for some horrendous bad luck: Fulop, Messi and Robben missing penalties etc.

Whether people like it or not, getting top 4 is as important, if not more so than winning trophies in modern football. You simply can't attract top players without CL football and/or money. So if people are going to hold it against him for not getting 4th, then they should at least give him credit for 09/10 when we did achieve it in spite of Emirates Marketing Project outspending us by significant margins.

Harry GETS THE CREDIT for what he did. I for one have NEVER denied him 09/10. Somewhere in the mists of these recurring discussions about the man's tenure, something further gets lost in translation...but just as you get aggravated by a perceived inability to see his plusses, I get aggravated by those who don't recognize his mistakes and weaknesses.

He's waiting for a managerial job in London to open up, step up qpr, fly for free with fernandes's air asia (love the stewardesses on their flights ;-))

Harry GETS THE CREDIT for what he did. I for one have NEVER denied him 09/10. Somewhere in the mists of these recurring discussions about the man's tenure, something further gets lost in translation...but just as you get aggravated by a perceived inability to see his plusses, I get aggravated by those who don't recognize his mistakes and weaknesses.

This is what I feel. The situation currently feels like what happened to Venables and Clough with England. Both great coaches, both great players and commanded respect. But they were of a kind which says I'm in charge, and the FA feared for their lives when Venables got the team to the semi finals of 96. If we had won, the FA would have been in deep brick, because they couldn't sack him. They admitted this, and sacked him. Same reason Sugar got rid, same reason ( I think anyway ) that Levy got rid. A successful coach takes over, and that says to me that won't happen at Tottenham.

Was Venables sacked as England manager? I thought it had already being decided that he was stepping down after Euro96, because of his business troubles.

The Venables-Sugar relationship was far more complicated. They were suing each other in court about their falling out which was at boardroom level as Venables had already stepped upstairs.

Both of those examples you give are the product of power struggles. Complicated or not. Whatever the level of detail you apply to it ( doesn't have to be Venables but any coach ), the coach wants to be in charge and success brings power. Take wenger if you don't like one example. Unsackable, won nothing in donkeys and this week admitted hes not bothered about domestic trophies over the CL, which he won't ever win.

HARRY REDKNAPP is a shock target to take over as boss of UKRAINE.

The Euro 2012 co-hosts are ready to make a sensational move for Redknapp after they were snubbed by Andrey Shevchenko.

Redknapp, 65, was sacked by Tottenham in June and has been linked to QPR, Blackburn and Scotland.

A Ukraine spokesman said: “We took the decision to begin talks with Redknapp’s representatives relating to him working in the post of chief coach of the national Ukraine team.”

Ukraine are currently fifth in their 2014 World Cup qualifying group.

Former boss Oleg Blokhin quit in September after taking the Dymnamo Kiev job.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4655334/Harry-Redknapp-is-a-target-for-UKRAINE.html

There are 20 teams in the EPL and HR would do a great job in about 14 of them. Every time there is a story about HR being linked to some club up north or abroad eg Sunderland or Ukraine I look at possible vacancies nearer to where he lives.

Back