• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*ORMT* SPURS v WBA

January 2012. Jermain Defoe scores in a 1-0 win. Can't believe that that was actually the last time we beat West Bromwich Albion at the Lane! Our record against them at home in the PL era is pretty poor considering that they've always been relegation strugglers / lower mid-table at best - only four wins from nine games.

They've taken points off everybody in the top half this season except for Emirates Marketing Project. Going to be a tough nut to crack, even if they've been playing brick lately. Imagine we'll be in for a stressful evening.

January 2012. Jermain Defoe scores in a 1-0 win. Can't believe that that was actually the last time we beat West Bromwich Albion at the Lane! Our record against them at home in the PL era is pretty poor considering that they've always been relegation strugglers / lower mid-table at best - only four wins from nine games.

They've taken points off everybody in the top half this season except for Emirates Marketing Project. Going to be a tough nut to crack, even if they've been playing bricke lately. Imagine we'll be in for a stressful evening.

This season has very little to do with other seasons. We never beat United at home remember?

This season has very little to do with other seasons. We never beat United at home remember?

Indeed.

Why has no one suggested that we rest players against WBA so that everyone is fit for the Chelsea game? And is Bassong suspended?

Although I am comforted that there is endless and repetitive discussions about who qualifies for CL if an English team wins the CL. So the World is the same, but different.

And on that basis, we win 1-0. Defoe to score the winner.

I would say West Brom are going to be far more like that stubborn defensive outfit that has frustrated us so many times over the past few years than Man Utd were like the old Ferguson teams who tore us apart with devastating attacking football.

We're going to stuff them. I never stick my neck out and say that, but today I do believe we'll be rolling over them. This team is just too good and motivated. I can't see us losing any points today, unless we're extremely unlucky (which of course is a possibility).

Be interesting to see what the mentality is tonight. Everyone is saying its wrapped up, so will we lose intensity? Our only chance IMO is that Leicester take their eye off the ball, and believe they have won it.

We're going to stuff them. I never stick my neck out and say that, but today I do believe we'll be rolling over them. This team is just too good and motivated. I can't see us losing any points today, unless we're extremely unlucky (which of course is a possibility).
This has echoes of Mumorn's 'if we don't win this comfortably, I'll leave the board' post (we lost 1-0). Same opposition too IIRC!

Be interesting to see what the mentality is tonight. Everyone is saying its wrapped up, so will we lose intensity? Our only chance IMO is that Leicester take their eye off the ball, and believe they have won it.

I don't think that will be the case at all. The players will be well drilled to be mentally focused and will know that we need to keep winning, just in case Leicester do drop points. It keeps the pressure on Leicester if we win our games - and makes it harder for them to settle for any draws in the remaining games. And if Leicester don't drop points, we still have 2nd place to secure.
Plus I could imagine that Poch's reaction to anyone putting in a less than 100% committed performance is probably something the players would want to avoid.
I expect the players to be as mentally strong as ever. I hope the crowd is equally committed and loud.

This has echoes of Mumorn's 'if we don't win this comfortably, I'll leave the board' post (we lost 1-0). Same opposition too IIRC!

Yeah, I know. I don't usually stick my neck out and say we're going to win comfortably. We might not win comfortably, but I think, as long as we give it our best (which we have done for I don't know how many games now), and aren't insanely unlucky, we should win this. WBA just shouldn't have enough quality to contain us.

Having said that, if the nerves start to get to us if we don't score for a long time, we're unlucky with a few situations, get an early goals against etc, things could change. I'm just quite optimistic for a Spurs-team for once. We've been that good lately, and shown the right mentality game in and game out.

The fact that we play WBA shouldn't mean a thing. We're a different team now, they're a different now. They're not enough of a bogey team for us for that to matter.

Sandro hoping to halt former side Tottenham's title challenge

Former Tottenham midfielder Sandro is delighted to see his old side doing so well, but is hoping to derail their Premier League title challenge when West Brom visit White Hart Lane on Monday Night Football.

Sandro left Spurs in 2014 after four years at the club, and heads back to White Hart Lane for the first time as they continue their pursuit of Leicester.

"I'm really excited. It's the first time I'll have been there since I left," Sandro told Sky Sports News HQ ahead of Monday Night Football. "I had a good four years there. Now they can win the league so it's been a massive change!

"Am I surprised by how well they've done this season? Yes, a little bit. It's not just the attackers who are doing well, it's the midfielders, the defenders, the manager.

"They've improved, you can see they're enjoying their football. I'm happy for them but now I have to try and stop them!

"For sure [I want them to win the league]. But we have to go there and try to stop them and try to win points. It's a special game but I will try to stop them."

Sandro was also full of praise for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, whom he saw rise through the ranks at the club before making his Premier League debut as a substitute for him in 2012.

"Sometimes you have players in the youth team who then don't do very well when they come into the first team," said Sandro. "But Kane could do for the first team what he did for the U21s.

"Everyone was also asking whether he could do for a second year what he did for the first but he's showing he can do it for a long, long time."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/10257091/sandro-hoping-to-stop-former-side-tottenham

------------------------------------

Didn't realise Sandro is at WBA now. He used to be a very capable midfielder for us. Wonder what kind of reaction he will get from Spurs fans. Anyway, let's hope our midfield have no problem overcoming him and his team.

Sandro hoping to halt former side Tottenham's title challenge
Professional footballer in "wanting to win a match" shocker.

It's weird. I'm not used to Spurs getting this much media coverage. We're everywhere at the moment. But it'd just take one loss, tonight, and we'll be back to "same old Spurs".

Didn't realise Sandro is at WBA now. He used to be a very capable midfielder for us.

Yes. Capable. Typical of that era. Hardworking, decent, mid table premiership player. The sort of player that Pochettino cleared out. (And Klopp will need to at Liverpool).

WBA will have to be stubborn, hardworking and very lucky to get anything out of this game. I can't see them being that motivated.

With Leicester winning their game against Swansea, the pressure is back on us now. This is a must-win game if we want to stay in the title race. Anything other than a win will virtually give the league title to Leicester. But this is not going to be easy as we have a poor home record against WBA in recent years. We have failed to beat them in our last 3 matches at home. But we cannot let out past record affect us as we have to beat them somehow. We did well to beat Stoke 4-0 convincingly last week. Hope we will put up a similiar performance here and get the all-important win !

We will need an early goal to help us settle down.Kane will be our key player again in this match. He has been in great form lately, scoring 7 goals in his last 5 matches for us. Hope he can continue that good run here. With him at 24 goals now, it will help our league title race greatly if he can reach the 30 goal mark in the remaining matches. Afterall, he needs to score more goals to finish as the league's top goal scorer above Vardy and Aguero. Eriksen and Lamela too has been in great form lately. But both really needs to score more goals in their remaining matches. Lamela too has been in great form lately, scoring 1 and assisting 2 goals in his last 2 matches. But he only has 4 league goals this season. He really should score atleast 2 more goals in the remaining matches.

As in other matches, we have to control the midfield to win this match. Dembele, Dier and Alli has done really well this season. Let's hope they will finish the season in fine form as well. For all his good performances this season, Alli was fully deserved to win the the PFA Young POTY award. Hope that award will boost his confidence to excel even higher for us. Too bad Njie is still not fully fit to start for us. He would have give us more options in midfield. Wish players like Chadli and Son can come on and have a positive impact as well.

Our defence did really well to keep clean sheet in our last 2 matches. Hope they can keep the clean sheet in all our remaining matches as well. That will help us greatly in our title race. Lloris, Alderweireld and Vertonghen should not get complacent in this match. Teams like WBA can hurt other teams if taken lightly. Afterall, they have drawn with Leicester and beaten ManU in recent matches. So, hope we will give them due respect.

We have no choice but to win this match to stay in the title race. Hope we will turn up with with right mentality and get the all-important win !

Add the name of Tony Pulis to the ever growing list of tacos in the game, that have voiced their wish that Leicester City win the title.

For this reason, not only do I want to beat his team, I want to give them a damn good thrashing. Same too, when we play the annoyingly clamish Chavs next week.

Thereafter, I'd settle for two 1-0s against Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I want see pain inflicted on this anti-football WBA outfit.

Love the Spurs, love you'll... COYS!!!!

Back