• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Some team from somewhere in Europe

Anyone else getting really bored of our performances this season ?

Results haven't been overly bad, but performances in all but a couple of games are really boring for the majority of the game. And when I say boring, it doesn't have to mean bad... Chelsea won the league boring everyone to death.

I was going to post similar about our performances. After tonight I can't be bothered to spend my time watching football. We really don't seem to have much of a plan in the final third. It's as if passing alone will create opportunities.

It is dull super fudgein dull (except a couple of good halves namely Manure and Reading) but I think we just need two or three additions still. Someone like Moutinho will help mix things up and definitely another winger and a striker oh and someone behind the striker. We lack creativity in the last third.

Anyone else getting really bored of our performances this season ?

Results haven't been overly bad, but performances in all but a couple of games are really boring for the majority of the game. And when I say boring, it doesn't have to mean bad... Chelsea won the league boring everyone to death.

+1 . Hugely disappointed. I expected a high line, fast passing and team pressing game. Cant see any of that. We dont have a Plan A at the moment never mind a Plan B. IMV there hasnt been any improvement on tactics, free kicks, corners etc. I was expecting to see a much better organised team - and I cant.

Plus, I HATE bringing all 11 back to defend corners and freekicks. its just plain daft.

Now we have Soton (A), Norwich (A), Wigan (H) and Maribor (H) before City. You won't get a nicer run than that, so I hope to see some improvement in our performances. We do need one or attacking players that can play a more patient passing game and be creative.

Now we have Soton (A), Norwich (A), Wigan (H) and Maribor (H) before City. You won't get a nicer run than that, so I hope to see some improvement in our performances. We do need one or attacking players that can play a more patient passing game and be creative.

Any more patient and we would all be asleep. I agree creativity is what we need - but running off the ball would help.

I have noticed a distinct breakdown between Lennon and Walker. Its as if they wont pass to the other when the other makes a run. Do I detect they dont perhaps like each other much.? I cant see any other explanation. I think we should be told.

Any more patient and we would all be asleep. I agree creativity is what we need - but running off the ball would help.

I have noticed a distinct breakdown between Lennon and Walker. Its as if they wont pass to the other when the other makes a run. Do I detect they dont perhaps like each other much.? I cant see any other explanation. I think we should be told.

We don't really move the ball around all that well IMO. We are far too hasty to get the ball up the pitch. Directness is good if the team moves ahead of the ball, but we don't. There is no cohesiveness to our play. We rely on moments of individual brilliance to create something. Sloppy passing and lots of ball losses makes for dull watching.

I must be losing it, didn't watch it, just followed the text on yahoo supplied by eurosport. When i read us falling behind, then replying, i was hoping we'd sneak a win.

I am becoming indifferent to this competition. When do we play next, in 2 days in the BPL ? I'd protect some of our players.

Disappointed with the draw but not really surprised we struggled again in Europe. I think we simply lack quality to win the EL this season. With Bale and Dembele missing, there was no one who could inspire us against Maribo. I think many of the players in our squad don't have the stamina to play 2 matches per week. Players like Defoe and Lennon already looked tired. But unllike the past years where we can play almost a new team in Europe, we can't afford to rest too many players nowadays. There was no one from the bench who we could have called upon to inspire us. Certainly not Dempsey. Falque did well to help create the goal for us. But don't think he can do it regularly.

Despite the lack of quality, still want us to give our best in Europe. Don't want us to rest too many players. Just hope Bale and Dembele will come back to inspire us in our remaining 3 matches.

we're dramatically less effective without bale and dembele. that's a huge cause for concern, which requireds AVB's game plan and ALL the players on the pitch yesterday and in the Chelsea game to be questioned. We need to understand why we can seize the initiative as a collective whole, and not just rely on individual brilliance.

We don't really move the ball around all that well IMO. We are far too hasty to get the ball up the pitch. Directness is good if the team moves ahead of the ball, but we don't. There is no cohesiveness to our play. We rely on moments of individual brilliance to create something. Sloppy passing and lots of ball losses makes for dull watching.

I remember also hearing that a lot during Redknapp's end-days, though I hasten to add that Redknapp had Modric, VdV and a fit and firing Ade at his disposal, while we currently have a Hudd made impossibly slower by his massive hair-do and...erm...Livermore, to fill the creative spots alongside Sandro.

As long as we don't pick up any injuries the EL to me is about AVB having the chance to check out players and systems. Sadly Townsend was toilet tonight. Perhaps explains why he didn't start him against Cheat$ki last weekend.

AVBs game plan? No evidence of one last night. If he modes have one I wish he would tell the players what it is.

Didn't realise we were already playing CL dropouts last night. Makes the competition even more ridiculous than I thought it was.

Back