• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

What a bloody shame to not win that. Arsenal were better with 10 men

Dier, Alli and Eriksen were very poor. I've lost my Patience with Eriksen. He has too many poor games.

Arsenal showed more Heart and determination to win than us. That's what very disappointing. When they had 10 men we didn't push on. We looked scared and
Nervous.

Such a big shame
Once again Arsenal get the upper
Hand again over us. We could have been 6 points ahead of them. They could have been the outsiders for the league.

I think Arsenal will take this and go on to win the league. They will be out of cl so league would be their focus.

A real shame and a real chance gone for us.

So so disappointing

It might not feel like it now but a draw isn't a bad result. I would have settled for a draw before the game.
It is one of our toughest games out of the way, not only are Arsenal always up for it, but they are also one of the few teams that can pass their way out of the press.
And it is been a strange season all round, so I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs before it ends for all the main contenders. We are not out of it yet.

Problem is, we have no shortage of tough games. Liverpool, United and Chelsea still to go.

I'm actually sanguine about our overall position, because I never really got my hopes up with all this title talk. We're still too weak as a squad and a team, with a lot of it being down to being callow and young and having inexplicably awful spells like the last twenty today.

But we are in pole position for a top four spot. 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses will get us to 70, an eminently achievable total. Hell, if we finish with 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (I'm assuming we'll drop points to United, Liverpool and Chelsea, plus an unexpected draw or loss somewhere else along the line) we'll finish with 73, a record points total for us in absolute terms and a stunning achievement in and of itself in this topsy-turvy season.

What the team say and what reality dishes out are two separate things. I would guarantee that if we keep this squad together, and add to it, that in a similar situation we see a game like this out and come away with all 3 points.

Sure, you have a point, but we can't start making excuses for a team that doesn't want them made. Part of learning and growing is accepting when you were dogsh*te, and we definitely were dogsh*te in the last twenty minutes today, and laboured at best prior to the sending off.

Well feel a little gutted...

negatives:
- we struggled to fashion chances until the sending off
- we dropped off and did not utilise the the one man advantage effectively
- we failed to bury the goons into the dirt and attain top spot, defo 2 points dropped
- we were fortunate Dier was not sent off
- we looked shaky defensively today

positives:
- we kept going, Kane got back amongst the goals
- It was a game they needed to win more than us although really the draw does neither any favours
- seeing Dembele back was good
- we did not lose

This result and a tough April means we have to attain max points against Villa and Bournemouth. Really hope these two missing points dont come back and haunt us.

'Not ruthless enough'

Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal

450c6776-00c6-443e-b555-a27b955c3670.jpg

Garth Crooks

Former Spurs striker on Final Score

Posted at14:46
"Tottenham have had a chance to crush their nearest rivals there and they let it go!

"If you are going to win the title you have got to be ruthless but Spurs weren't ruthless enough. Looking at some of the players walking off they don't look like they've let a lead go.

"It looks like Spurs are happy settling for a top-four finish."

--------
Lamela, Rose, Dembele were big players with them off, we lost something. Chadli, a little older, might have been helpful.

+ives Scum are further from winning the PL and we could have easily lost that after being 0-1 down, and at 2-2. But in both games against them, I thought we should have beat them.

Wimmer's been terrific coming in cold. But our tight defense has lapsed a little in the last few games.

We need to believe, we can do it, but that is a feeling you have inside.
I don't know if we have it.
i dont believe we can do it. you can imagine the defeats started to pile up now.

we HAVE to win the next two. if we dont i dont think we'll get top 4. can we beat man utd at home? i dont think so. chelsea away? also not.

i hope the players believe more than me, because i think we maybe dont lack the mentality, but certainly the quality.

First time in months I've been quite angry with the team. First time in months I've thought we won't win the league.

Champions would win that. Champions would take that one man, one goal advantage and absolutely ruin the opposition. Still can't believe we let them back into it. What the hell were we doing.

Maybe it's a Derby and form and other expectations go out of the window. As I said earlier in the thread, we've beat them when we've been worse and when they've been better...but Damn, right now I feel so disappointed in the team. The effort was there but I cannot believe we didn't win it.

I'm trying to see the positive - maybe it's a good thing to not get into a sort of pole position for the title just yet. Let the pressure heap on Leicester. We're still ahead of scum.

A letdown, obviously, but we'll be back. Still 1/4 of a season left. :)

Sure, you have a point, but we can't start making excuses for a team that doesn't want them made. Part of learning and growing is accepting when you were dogsh*te, and we definitely were dogsh*te in the last twenty minutes today, and laboured at best prior to the sending off.
I am not denying the quality of today's performance and I am not using age as an 'excuse', but as a reason. Young (inexperienced) team, young (inexperienced) head coach = lots to learn.

Also, I am getting really f*cking annoyed by us going a goal up and then casually swanning around trying to slow the game down and play it across the back.

It's good game management, in theory. But we cannot implement it in practice, we're rarely good at it and at best it makes everyone in the ground nervous: at worst, it leads to ten-man Arsenal dominating us and scoring a deserved equalizer as we desperately try to hang on under siege in our own half.

A time will come when we are proficient at it. That time is not now.

It's not the result we wanted and I'm going to feel like we lost until our next game but let's keep supporting and not giving up hope. F*ck the goons, they now have another player missing...

We have bigger concerns and more games to worry about.

This season is transitional (it really is!) and if we make it into the ECL then more the joy for us.

I'm tinkled of no doubt and struggling to be positive however we worked hard and it just didn't fall for us in the end...

It's more than the goons now - we're in a title race.

(YES! I REALLY WANTED TO FINISH TOP FOR EVEN A SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:)

I am not denying the quality of today's performance and I am not using age as an 'excuse', but as a reason. Young (inexperienced) team, young (inexperienced) head coach = lots to learn.

Well, in the circumstances of today's game, the two are closely related, I'd suggest. 2-1 up against ten men with twenty minutes to go, I don't think anyone can really justify a near-collapse of the magnitude we saw in a way that doesn't come off as excusing our failures. Which, as mentioned, is something the team doesn't want to do, and is something that won't be beneficial to them in terms of learning from this experience.

The team is young. They fought but nothing was coming off. Scum came with a plan and it worked to a certain degree. That goal that was a millimetre from a goal is just nuts. We played average at best but created more chances. They took the only two they had.

Loris has cost us three points this week. It feels like a defeat but we deserved to win. We can still win the league. The players will learn from these games.

I still believe.

It's not the result we wanted and I'm going to feel like we lost until our next game but let's keep supporting and not giving up hope. F*ck the goons, they now have another player missing...

We have bigger concerns and more games to worry about.

This season is transitional (it really is!) and if we make it into the ECL then more the joy for us.

I'm tinkleed of no doubt and struggling to be positive however we worked hard and it just didn't fall for us in the end...

It's more than the goons now - we're in a title race.

(YES! I REALLY WANTED TO FINISH TOP FOR EVEN A SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:)

I do wish people would stop hanging this albatross around our necks.

No, we are not. This is the third time this season we have had an opportunity to go top, and this is the third time we have blown it.

We are better when we're unnoticed and there's no pressure on us. Please, can forget the title and concentrate on finishing top four first?

Back