• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Didn't Swansea used to be good?

I couldn't watch the match yesterday but even at 1-0 down I was telling my mate we would turn it around. Poch has turned this squad into winners.

So many players in form and playing their best football, how do you even pick a player of the season? Everyone of them deserves it. It's not about the individual with us it's about the team and I fudging love that!

What a time to be a Spurs supporter. COYS!

Honestly I was a bit worried when we hadn't scored yet after 60 minutes, but what I really like about this team now, is that there is never any sign of panic. They just keep on playing, not trying to force something, or resorting to hoof balls. Fantastic team effort, and it will be more of the same on Wednesday.

I have to say just a few weeks of being called title contenders has really made me appreciate just how good those Fergie teams were how they won titles and competed year after year, playing teams every week who just sat back. They used to pummel those sides into submission. Would be incredible if we could continue on this trajectory.

In Poch we trust!

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/ne...week27-spurs-vs-swansea-post-match-stats.html

Spurs have won 17 points after going behind in 2015/16, the most in the Barclays Premier League. In fact, of the 10 BPL matches in which they have gone behind, Spurs have won five of them.

Tottenham Hotspur's win, which puts them only two points behind league leaders Leicester City, is their sixth consecutive league victory - the first time they have recorded this feat since December 2011.

Sunday's match highlighted Mauricio Pochettino’s reputation of bringing younger players through the ranks, with his starting line-up having an average age of 24 years and 103 days, the second youngest in the BPL this season. The youngest starting XI average age this season was the team Spurs picked for their fixture against Emirates Marketing Project in September last year: 24 years and 39 days.

@SpursStatMan
Spurs' 34 shots vs. Swansea is more than any other side has managed in a Premier League game this season.
The 14 that they hit the target with is also a record for this season, the previous highest was 12.
Spurs completed more sprints (603) and covered more distance (122.1km) than any other Premier League side this weekend.

Last edited:
I have to say just a few weeks of being called title contenders has really made me appreciate just how good those Fergie teams were how they won titles and competed year after year, playing teams every week who just sat back. They used to pummel those sides into submission. Would be incredible if we could continue on this trajectory.

Funny. The comparison I thought of us when watching us play Swansea was some of those United teams. It just looked inevitable that we would score... Of course I watched the game later in the evening knowing the score ;)

But still... The way we just kept creating chances, kept believing, kept the ball moving... And the pressure we managed to generate on our opponents.

Crowd were the best player for me. After years of sitting with the biggest moaners in the world it's getting a pleasure to be at WHL.

Could not agree more with this, the crowd were fantastic all the way through and really got behind the team and the players really do appreciate it. Funny enough sitting there I just knew we would win the game, in years gone by when we have gone behind the team did not know what to do and started to panic hitting long balls and such.

Now the team just keep doing what they are good at and know that sooner or later they will score, I can not stress enough what a GREAT job Poch has done with these boys.

Could not agree more with this, the crowd were fantastic all the way through and really got behind the team and the players really do appreciate it. Funny enough sitting there I just knew we would win the game, in years gone by when we have gone behind the team did not know what to do and started to panic hitting long balls and such.

Now the team just keep doing what they are good at and know that sooner or later they will score, I can not stress enough what a GREAT job Poch has done with these boys.

This. I have been at WHL many, many times when the team have been booed off at half time when 1-0 down. Not this team, yesterday they went off to a standing ovation at HT. There is a belief, a trust, a knowledge that we can beat any team. We absolutely pummeled them into submission the way that I have seen Fergie's Man U do to us too many times. It is truly wonderful.

The Lane has always been special. It can be a conductor and an extra man. Too often it hasn't been. How great that now it is again. 'Tis why criticisms and moaning must be kept to places like this, and everyone at games should throw their full weight behind supporting the team. I think the belief we are showing in them is helping them believe in them and also believe in us. This goes around and around and around, growing with each cycle. It could be as massively important as goal difference!

The Lane has always been special. It can be a conductor and an extra man. Too often it hasn't been. How great that now it is again. 'Tis why criticisms and moaning must be kept to places like this, and everyone at games should throw their full weight behind supporting the team. I think the belief we are showing in them is helping them believe in them and also believe in us. This goes around and around and around, growing with each cycle. It could be as massively important as goal difference!
What this season has also shown is that a team that commits and expends even ounce (or drop) of energy motivates the crowd to support them.

This. I have been at WHL many, many times when the team have been booed off at half time when 1-0 down. Not this team, yesterday they went off to a standing ovation at HT. There is a belief, a trust, a knowledge that we can beat any team. We absolutely pummeled them into submission the way that I have seen Fergie's Man U do to us too many times. It is truly wonderful.

Its something I have never done, booing your own team is counter productive and I will never understand fans who have paid good money being stupid enough to do so. How the hell is that supposed to make them play better. o_O

Have you seen how fat some of our fans are? one way to bring the stadium down I guess.

Its something I have never done, booing your own team is counter productive and I will never understand fans who have paid good money being stupid enough to do so. How the hell is that supposed to make them play better. o_O

I think it's more common today as fans expectations are so high and the wages players get are even higher, but it's more likely to demoralise players than get them to improve their performance.

I think it's more common today as fans expectations are so high and the wages players get are even higher, but it's more likely to demoralise players than get them to improve their performance.

I agree its more prevalent in todays game, its a sign of the times everything has to be " I want it now" and if I do not get it I will scream and scream and scream. ( or boo in this case).

I couldn't watch the match yesterday but even at 1-0 down I was telling my mate we would turn it around. Poch has turned this squad into winners.

So many players in form and playing their best football, how do you even pick a player of the season? Everyone of them deserves it. It's not about the individual with us it's about the team and I fudgeing love that!

What a time to be a Spurs supporter. COYS!

Exactly. If we win the title there the fans player of the season award should go to the team.

I agree its more prevalent in todays game, its a sign of the times everything has to be " I want it now" and if I do not get it I will scream and scream and scream. ( or boo in this case).

How many time have we tried to say this over the years to some of the negative ninnies, only to be called 'happy clappers'?!!!!

Back