• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Didn't Swansea used to be good?

Didn't see the game today as was at a family do with terrible phone signal

Anywhere where I can watch online highlights ??

Almost forgot that we should really give Scara credit for creating GG's first (and with any luck only) OOMT. Seemed to work a treat.

I thought Walker was our MOTM today. Superb

Agreed. Thought he was the best player on the pitch. The level of stamina he had throughout the game was exceptional and it helped out a hell of a lot towards the end with his runs with the ball away from our final third. He worked incredibly hard.

His positioning for the offside goal could defiantly have been better but even Ronaldo and Messi find themselves offside and wasting what could have been a goal. Let alone a full back.

Just got back in.

Nearly didnt make it. Woke up this morning with a big bout of dizzyness (now I know how Dele Alli felt...), sooooooo glad I gave it a go and went. What a match, what a fightback, what a comeback, what a team spirit.
Not read the OMT, yet, and not seen any stats but Flapianski must have set a new 'saves in a match' record and we must have been close to the 'shots in PL Match' one too.
That Danny Rose goal nearly lifted the roof, f#ckin loved it.

It seems like every week there a new set of fans saying Spurs were probably the best they've seen this season and will probably go on to win the league. This is starting to get f****ng weird now.

Tense and frustrating game to watch, esp. before the equaliser finally went in. Let's hope the Swans are at least equally stubborn on Wednesday night. The Spammers will be desperate to derail us and I can see it being all square again on points going into the NLD.

Almost forgot that we should really give Scara credit for creating GG's first (and with any luck only) OOMT. Seemed to work a treat.

We've been doing really well with these brick OMT's lately. Someone better not fudge it up by making a good one for either Wet Spam or Le Arse.

(Watched the game after the fact knowing the score).

Great performance and a good result of course. We were absolutely brilliant and desperately unlucky to only win by one.

Such character and ability. The belief that we would eventually get the goal. Looked so much like "one of those days", but we just kept creating chances and pushed all the way.

Astonishing...

Now I have calmed down I will say I thought walker was awful and is easily our worst fullback, the goal summed him up perfectly he should have realised he was in an offside position.

Walker had a good game. Involved a lot going forward, got back and defended well too. Better on the ball than he's been in a lot of games this season. Got the assist, though it was somewhat lucky he could easily have had others.

It seems like every week there a new set of fans saying Spurs were probably the best they've seen this season and will probably go on to win the league. This is starting to get f****ng weird now.

Yeah... It's like we're actually super fudging good at football ;)

Swansea reminded me of Leicester

Sit deep and bang it long behind our defence to chase

They will struggle to stay up playing like that with no pace

What a day. Again! This young team has SO much resilience. 0-1 down, but heads don't drop, they just keep going. How we can keep creating so many chances (34 shots?) and yet put so few away is beyond me. We deserved 7 or 8 today. And the chances come from so many players - Kane, Eriksen, Chadli, Dier, Mason, Rose, Son etc. A one-man-team we are not. We've improved our defence beyond measure; our midfield is both solid and creative; we are creating chances but our finishing is just too often not quite there - imagine what a force we will be when that clicks into place (and it will). That sounds like a criticism but it really isn't, just a feeling of even better things to come (and they're pretty bloody good as it is).
Today again showed the character of this team - they just do not give up.

Flappianski had the game of his life. I don't believe he's ever pulled off so many saves. Bastard. But he was equally guilty of some of the worst time wasting I've seen for a while. Seriously, when will referees start giving yellow cards for this? An early yellow would have stopped it. Shocking officials today on so many levels. Missed so much and made many poor decisions.

Eriksen MOTM for me. He was fantastic. He is truly finding his form just when we need him.

Five hours+ later and I'm still buzzing from today. This is all starting to feel VERY real. The celebrations when we scored today were hyper - on a different level.

Our next two games are huge - nervousness (for me) is starting to kick in already. Yet, I think our players will go out in each game believing they can win. So I should be confident in their confidence. I will try...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-defiance-to-show-title-quality-a6901516.html
The Swansea coach, Alan Curtis, could only marvel at how well Tottenham played. “They were probably just too good for us, truth be told,” he said. “Spurs kept coming and coming and coming.

“It is a difficult place to come now, they are a terrific side. They’ve got pace, power and technical ability. We just kept being forced back by wave upon wave of attacks. They are so difficult to play against. There seems to be a belief in this Spurs side, and you could sense that from the crowd.”

Swansea reminded me of Leicester

Sit deep and bang it long behind our defence to chase

They will struggle to stay up playing like that with no pace

Seemed less like a game plan and more like what we forced them to do. Swansea usually try to play football, but our pressing was top notch and obviously their form isn't great.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-defiance-to-show-title-quality-a6901516.html
The Swansea coach, Alan Curtis, could only marvel at how well Tottenham played. “They were probably just too good for us, truth be told,” he said. “Spurs kept coming and coming and coming.

“It is a difficult place to come now, they are a terrific side. They’ve got pace, power and technical ability. We just kept being forced back by wave upon wave of attacks. They are so difficult to play against. There seems to be a belief in this Spurs side, and you could sense that from the crowd.”

Pretty much spot on from Curtis.

They got just about everything they could get in terms of things going their way. Early lead, great goalkeeping from Fabianski, wasteful finishing from us... Yet they couldn't contain us. We were really really good. And this was us after playing Fiorentina on Thursday.

This coming week all the teams will have to deal with the kind of fixture congestion we just brushed aside as if it was a mid-season break. Let's see how the others deal with it.

"Swansea came to find that they could not escape their half. “It wasn’t our intention to play like this,” Alan Curtis, the Swansea coach, said. “They just had wave upon wave of attack.”

For Swansea, it was a bitter pill, given the stoicism of their resistance and their precarious position just above the relegation places – but they would only have nicked a result, and Curtis knew it. “I thought that Tottenham could win the title before the game but, having seen them, I think it even more now,” he said. “They were probably just too good for us.”

Curtis said, with a smile, that Tottenham staff had wished them well for Wednesday night, when Swansea visit Arsenal…."

http://www.theguardian.com/football...spur-swansea-city-premier-league-match-report

Back